We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byKian Oakes
Modified over 4 years ago
W E USE THERE IS ( SINGULAR ) / THERE ARE ( PLURAL ) TO SAY THAT SOMETHING IS LOCATED IN THE PLACE OR EXISTS :
T HERE IS A BOOK ON THE DESK. T HERE ARE MANYBOOKS ON THE SHELF.
W E USE THERE ISN ’ T ( SINGULAR ) / THERE AREN ’ T ( PLURAL ) TO SAY THAT STH ISN ’ T LOCATED IN THE PLACE OR DOESN ’ T EXIST :
T HERE ISN ’ T A BOOK ON THE DESK. T HERE AREN ’ T ANY BOOKS ON THE SHELF.
W E USE I S THERE …? ( SINGULAR ) / A RE THERE...? ( PLURAL ) TO ASK WHETHER STH IS LOCATED IN THE PLACE OR EXISTS :
I S THERE A BOOK ON THE DESK ? A RE THERE ANY BOOKS ON THE SHELF ?
C HOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER :
1............. a lamp in the room. a)There is b)There are c)Is there d)Are there
2. Susan,.............. a chair in the garden? a)there is b)is there c)there are d)are there
3. “Are there many windows in the house?” “Yes,.......... many.” a)there are b) there is c) is there d) are there
4. “Is there a dog in the house?” “No,..........” a)there isn’t b)is there c)there is d)there are
5............ many glasses on the table. a)There is b)Is there c)Are there d)There are
6. In the garden.......... three big trees. a)there are b)there is c)are there d)is there
7. This morning........ many children in the park. a)there is b)are there c)is there d)there are
8............ a little girl in the room? a)There are b)There is c)Are there d)Is there
9.......... a nice door in this house. a)Arethere b)There are c)Is there d)There is
10................. two tables in the room? a)Is there b)Are there c)There is d)There are
Unit 4 Where’s my backpack
Topic1 Is there a computer in your study? lampmodel plane There is a model plane next to the lamp.
Module 5 My House.
Teacher Silvino Sieben 1ª Série EM
There is Some examples Chart with forms (+ - ?) Problems with there is / are Observations Home page There are.
That old man.
COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS
By Patricia Galien Make sure you are in slideshow view before you start this presentation.
Sight Word Phrases Group 1.
ДОМ. КВАРТИРА. Открытый урок по дисциплине «Английский язык» для студентов группы Э-121.
Smirnova M.V (There is/There are)
THERE IS THERE ARE.
There is are is + singular noun are + plural noun There isn’t aren’t
So? Let´s go… It is time to learn!. There is /there are is used to indicate that something exists or is in a certain location. There is => Indicates only.
THERE IS & THERE ARE Grammar Review Duration: 30 minutes.
A sofa. a sofa a chair an armchair a table.
1. wall 2. floor 3. window 4. curtain 5. carpet 6. desk 7. vase 8. chair 9. lamp 10. bedside table 11. computer 12. computer discs 13. sofa 14. pillow.
Match the descriptions of the rooms with the pictures.
Unit 2: Relationships Beginning ESL Ms. Carlson Flipchart 8: Review.
My bedroom My bedroom is big. The bed is opposite the wordrobe. My desk is next to the window. My computer is on the desk. There’s a stereo on the desk.
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.