Presentation on theme: "Welcome to Maskam Water! Matzikama means “Give us water”"— Presentation transcript:
1Welcome to Maskam Water! Matzikama means “Give us water” Maskam is the northern tip of the Matzikama Mountains in Namaqualand, a semi desert area 300km north of Cape Town.Matzikama means “Give us water”We provide our customers with turn-key solutions, by importing a wide range of water related products from the USA and Europe.Maskam Water Dealers in each country are trained to sell these products, design systems to their customer’s needs and provide the necessary backup service.This is for background information to the company only
2Our range of products:Air purification equipment: Reduces the effect of air borne Allergens, Hay fever & SinusitisDrainage and de-watering equipment: Including solar optionsPumps and controlsVariable Speed DrivesSewage lifting stationsOn-site sewage treatment plants: Good quality effluent, lowest running costWater purification: Potable & waste waterWater feature equipment: Including solar pumpsFloating fountainsSolar fridges and freezersSwimming pool water treatment without chlorine or saltSurface Solar pumps: Runs directly off PV panels, no controllers needed.We have a full range of products specifically for the green building industry
3Maskam Water is geared to make life easier for everyone in Africa. Some of the brand names that we import:We are also distributors for:The above mentioned are available through our dealer network. For more information on all these products, please visit our web site or contact your nearest dealer.Contact details of your nearest Maskam Water dealers is available on our web site.This is for background information to the company only
4Clarus Fusion Sewage Treatment Plant The Clarus Fusion is a factory-built activated sludge sewage treatment plant.It follows the exact same treatment process as municipal activated sludge plants.It is NOT a package plant.
5What differentiates the Fusion from other plants? Low power consumption – up to 90% less than most other plantsSingle tank constructionTank installed completely undergroundLow noise factorEasy installationLow maintenanceNo downtime during service / maintenanceAlarm panel – self monitoringFull nitrification / de-nitrification cycleEffluent meets South African DWA General LimitSmall FootprintSolar options available
6Fusion Series Treatment Systems Collaboration between USA and Japan, now available in AfricaFusion Series Treatment Systems
7Fuji in Japan Designed in 1911 10 million installed and regularly maintained“Jokaso Law” requires 90-95% reduction in BOD5 (BOD5 <20)Japanese factory builds40,000 units a Year28 Staff on full time R&DISO9001 Certified
8Clarus in the USA Part of the Zoeller family 2007 – Received Class1 Certfication from NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) for Fusion systemOngoing researchand development
9The Fusion System Treatment plant Diaphragm blower 2 3 1 Alarm Panel Treat your sewage from as little as 60 wattsSolar options available.Different models available, from 1 person to 100 peopleEffluent is good for irrigation or to discharge to natureNO pumps in the systemNo electricity in the tank – only float switchOnly Non-corrosive material used in tankNo metal in tankTank installation is completely undergroundAlarm Panel
101. Sedimentation Chamber Raw sewage enters this chamberSolids settle to the bottomFat and grease float on topBacteria breaks solids and fat down to suspended solidsWater from the “clear zone” (middle of chamber) flows up behind the baffles to the anoxic chamber
112. Anoxic Chamber Water from first chamber gravitates to this chamber Sewage is treated by anaerobic bacteria“Bio Balls” (filter media) creates maximum surface contact area for bacterial growthMedia is suspended in a cage, allowing non-degradable solids to fall throughNon-degradable solids can be pumped out by lowering a suction pipe through the baffle.
123. Aeration chamberAir is introduced into this chamber 24/7 by means of diaphragm blowerMoving media bed ensures maximum growth and contact area for aerobic bacteria while itbreaks off pieces of activated sludge toprevent blockage2/3 is Aerated. During this cycle water isair lifted from the clarifier and returnedto the first chamber – constantlyreseeding first chamber with bacteria &de-nitrification takes placeBackwash twice per day. Chamber is aerated from the bottom and sludge is lifted (by means of air lift) and returned to first chamberfor re-digestion.Aeration stackFilter media
13Aeration chamber in operation Filter mediaAeration chamber in operation
16Backwash cycle, see how all filter material is stirred up
174. ClarifierTreated water flows from the Aerobic zone into the clarifier, sludge settles at the bottom, reduces suspended solids and the effluent exits the system for post-treatment with Chlorine, ozone or UV (disinfection)Treated water from this chamber is air lifted and recycled to the first chamber during the aeration process, where de-nitrification takes place and reseeding the first chamber with bacteria, enabling the plant to cope with variable- and peak flows.
185. DisinfectionTreated effluent from the plant needs to be disinfected to kill e-coli, faecal coliforms and other harmfull bacteriaUV, Ozone or chlorine can be used for disinfectionUV is safe, reliable and has very low running costsOnly use good quality stainless steel UV systems
19Diaphragm Blower & alarm panel Aerates Fusion 24/7Air lift water for internal recirculationAir lift sludge during backwash cycleVery low power consumption (from 60watts)Monitors system 24/7.Warning light and siren will notify user if a problem occursGSM module optional
20Dual Air Supplying System Distance between blower and unit must not exceed 10m
21Actual test results in South Africa * COD not tested since sample only arrived at laboratory after 2 days** No chlorine was added by the user, hence our preference for using UV.
22Sample of effluent of ZF450 after 15 months of operation, Franschhoek South Africa 45 cm visibility
24Excavation & Gravel bed Use gravel to level the base. The unit must be installed 100% level.Do NOT use sand or in situ soil to level the hole.For unstable soil or high water table, cast a concrete slab with four anchor points.Tie the steel hooks of the Fusion to the anchor points.
25LiftingUse only the steel hooks to lift the unit. The unit might be damaged if lifted any other way.
30PVC pipe with cap provides access to service UV UV installationAlways have up flow through UV. That way the UV can never run dry and overheatOnly use Maskam Water recommended UVsPVC pipe with cap provides access to service UV
33Applications Sewage treatment – domestic, farms, guest houses/lodges New developmentsRetrofit for conservancy tanksRetrofit for septic tanksRural areasRe-use of waterPollution control – where raw sewage pollute water sourcesSecondary treatment of industrial effluentCOD reduction of industrial effluent before discharging to municipal sewer line (prevent high COD penalties)Informal settlementsTemporary installationsPre-treatment for municipal plantsMobile ablution facilities (can be built into container)
34Do’s and Don’tsDo:Have water tested as per local authority requirementsService plant every 6 months & send service report to Maskam WaterReplace UV lamp every yearReplace Blower Diafragm & Air filter every three yearsUse enviro-friendly detergents & chemicals (Biodegradable)For commercial kitchens / restaurants, use a good quality oil / grease trapBelow are some important notes to keep in mind whenever using a biological treatment plant, irrespective of the kind of treatment process followed, or who the manufacturer is.Don’t:Use harmful chemicals, i.e. Bleaches, chlorines, anti-bacterial detergents & -soap. It will kill the bacteria in any biological plantIntroduce petrol / oil / grease / engine cleaner into the systemFlush paint / thinners down the sewer lineOverload the system
36Lifting stations available (if needed) We have a wide variety of options when gravity flow is not possible...Applications:New construction or additionsSewage removal from locations lower than gravity sewer mainsSewer main is not accessibleLifting sewage into Clarus Fusion STPDewateringFeatures:100% preassembledDurable polyethylene or poly-structure foam construction basinCast iron pump with non-clogging vortex impellerPre-manufactured inlet for easy installationRubber seal gasket on cover reduce odoursBolt-down lid on 24” x 24” modelWide range of pumps available, from dewatering to 50mm solids handlingWide range of basins and rail systems available, up tot 2.4m deep
37Screen out non-degradable items in gravity fed systems Effluent filterMultizone ValveWW1&WW4Mechanical diaphragm valve change to new zone each time pump starts2 – 6 zoneValve Actuator 24 volt ACAccessoriesScreen out non-degradable items in gravity fed systemsBull run valveUse actuator to operate your2 & 3-way valveSTEP systemPump from a tank to the Fusion, screen out non-degradable itemsPerfect for gravity fed systems
38www.maskamwater.com Visit our web site or contact your local for more detailsContact details:International Tel:SA Telephone: WATER (92837)