1. Introducing ourselves German Comenius Group: Stereotypes From Sigmaringen (Southern Germany) Studying at GES 12th and 13th grade technical and nutritional sciences high school classes
2. Introducing our task “Making a survey in your school about the stereotypes of France, French people, and the south of France. What images do your students have (if any) of our country, our people, and the part of France we live in?”
3. Examples of the most significant stereotypes Our assembly of typical French clichés:
4. Introducing the survey Survey included 14 questions:General information Stereotypes and clichés
4. Introducing the survey 148 students were asked 75 males 46 have been in France yet 29 have not been in France yet 73 females 40 have been in France yet 33 have not been in France yet
5. Results of the survey 1. What are you interested in France?
5. Results of the survey 2. With which prejudice would you agree?
5. Results of the survey 3. What do you think about a typical Frenchman?
5. Results of the survey 4. What are the most committed food products?
5. Results of the survey 5. Which points do you associate with France?
5. Results of the survey 6. Which points do you associate with the south of France?
6. Summary The results of the survey represents the German impressions of French stereotypes and clichés: - Our German students are interested in French food and the French culture. - The most famous French food for Germans is the baguette. - In German opinion a typical Frenchman is kind, helpful, educated, slim and wears a beret.
Thank you for your attention! Comenius Group Germany: Stereotypes and clichés