Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

R EVISION 2 Key things to keep in mind: Revision needs to work for you, so you need to decide how you work best BUT… Don’t expect revision to work instantly,

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "R EVISION 2 Key things to keep in mind: Revision needs to work for you, so you need to decide how you work best BUT… Don’t expect revision to work instantly,"— Presentation transcript:

1

2 R EVISION 2 Key things to keep in mind: Revision needs to work for you, so you need to decide how you work best BUT… Don’t expect revision to work instantly, you need to give these techniques a chance.

3 B EFORE WE BEGIN … Relax! You will work much better if you feel calm and relaxed. It’s difficult to remember or recall information when you are stressed.

4 R EMEMBER – P OSITIVE THINKING IS IMPORTANT “If you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.”

5 W HAT TYPE OF LEARNER AM I?

6 V ISUAL L EARNERS  you usually remember faces, but maybe not names  you will recognise places, but maybe not names of towns or streets  you may talk quickly  making pictures in your head is easy for you (imagining or visualising)  you prefer your clothes to be colourful, fashionable and coordinated

7 A UDITORY L EARNERS you usually trust what you hear you can be a bit of a chatterbox you find it easier to take verbal instructions you enjoy classroom discussions auditory learners often have a good way with words you don’t mind background noise

8 K INAESTHETIC L EARNERS you like to feel or touch things you have a good long-term memory you tend to talk at a slower pace learning for you has got to be active you tend to jump right in and try a task on your own. Making mistakes is part of the learning process for you

9 SO, WHAT TYPE OF LEARNER AM I ? 1 of these learning styles may describe you perfectly More likely you’ll be a mix of 2 Possibly you’ll have some of all them

10 T IPS FOR SUCCESS VisualAuditoryKinaesthetic  write down information  use Post-Its  use coloured pens, highlighters and unlined paper  use spider charts or mind maps  watch a video or demonstration  use a computer  make mental movies of important facts or visualise spelling in your heads  use drawings and visual aids  repeat everything  take part in class discussion  ask questions  tape information and listen to it  have background music on while you study  discuss homework and projects with friend  make up songs, rhymes and raps to help you remember things  get someone to ask you questions if you are studying for a test  be comfortable when you work  break up your study time and move around  volunteer for demonstrations, role- play and learning activities  draw images, numbers and diagrams on paper that are connected with the learning

11 H OW TO R EVISE You’ll see lots of different techniques for revision, some brilliant, some weird and some useless. Whichever techniques you use, there is one method you should all follow.

12 Understand Condense Review

13 U NDERSTAND Understanding a topic is simply finding the main idea or theme and expanding on the key points. For example… Main Idea: Hurricanes Key Points: Most damaging type of storm Number of deaths Monitored by scientists

14 C ONDENSING Your two favourite numbers: 80/20 About 20% of text contains the actual ideas you need. The other 80% is there so you can understand it. Condensing is about finding that 20% You can use your revision techniques for this e.g. Hurricanes No. Deaths 500,000 Bangladesh, ,000, Texas, 1900 Damage Power failure Rips off roofs

15 R EVIEW Revision is only any good if you actually remember it. Reviewing is simply looking back at your work/revision/notes and testing yourself minutes is enough. When you’ve done a revision session, review what your work 10 minutes later… Then a day later… Then a week later…

16 T IPS FOR SUCCESS VisualAuditoryKinaesthetic  write down information  use Post-Its  use coloured pens, highlighters and unlined paper  use spider charts or mind maps  watch a video or demonstration  use a computer  make mental movies of important facts or visualise spelling in your heads  use drawings and visual aids  repeat everything  take part in class discussion  ask questions  tape information and listen to it  have background music on while you study  discuss homework and projects with friend  make up songs, rhymes and raps to help you remember things  get someone to ask you questions if you are studying for a test  be comfortable when you work  break up your study time and move around  volunteer for demonstrations, role- play and learning activities  draw images, numbers and diagrams on paper that are connected with the learning


Download ppt "R EVISION 2 Key things to keep in mind: Revision needs to work for you, so you need to decide how you work best BUT… Don’t expect revision to work instantly,"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google