21. Logging in Go to https://myaccess.rcsd.ca Or RCSD.ca Staff Quick linksSRB web
32. Enter user name & password For example: User Name: l.cochranePassword: enter password
43. Absence EntryThis is the first screen of the Absence entry process.Details about dates and reasons for absence will be confirmed.Click on Absences TabSelect Absence Entry
54. Absence ReasonUse the mouse to click on the drop-down box displaying a list of absence reasons.Choose the appropriate reason.Help Documents are available with step-by-step instructions how to log an absence.
65. Length of AbsenceClick on the appropriate “Type of Absence” circle button.Single Day or Range of Days
76. Dates of Absence – Single Day If absence will be a single day, click on the calendar icon which will cause a calendar to display. Use the mouse to click on the date of absence.Dates prior to “today” are not able to be selected – the Calendar will show slashes through all previous dates. If the absence is in the future month, click on the arrow at the top of the calendar to move to the appropriate month. Once the date is selected, the calendar will disappear.When satisfied with dates of Absence selection, click Next.
86. Dates of Absence – Range of Days If absence will be a range of days, click on both the FROM and TO calendar icons. Select the first & last dates of absence. *An opportunity to select the days of absence, within this range, will be given in Step 8.Dates prior to “today” are not able to be selected – the Calendar will show slashes through all previous dates. If the absence is in the future month, click on the arrow at the top of the calendar to move to the appropriate month. Once the date is selected, the calendar will disappear.When satisfied with dates of Absence selection, click Next.
97. Absence Schedule Details This screen displays an individual employee’s regular schedule. Choose AM or PM or Full day.Click Next.
108. Absence Schedule Details If a range of days has been selected, the dates will be displayed on this screen.Select the working days by clicking the check mark off.The checkmark will disappear indicating that you will NOT be absent that day.When satisfied with dates of Absence Schedule Details, click Next.
119. Absence Replacement Details This screen allows for options to be given to the Dispatch System (DS). For example, an employee might be absent the entire day but only need a replacement for the afternoon. Use the mouse to click either the Yes or No circle buttons to respond to each question.When satisfied with Absence Replacement Details, click Next.
1210. Absence Replacement Request This screen will only be displayed if the option to request a replacement was selected.Click on the binoculars icon (a pop-up window will appear)Enter the last name of the substitute to be requested and click the Search button.Once the substitute has been found, click on the name and the Accept button to return to the previous screen.If unsure how to spell the replacement employee’s name, enter a portion of their last name preceded by the asterisks key.When satisfied with dates of Absence Replacement Request, click Next.
1311. Replacement Instructions Teachers needing replacements will need to tell DS what Subjects and Levels are required for coverage. Click the drop-down menu under both the Subject and level columns to list the available choices. *remember to use the scroll bar to view all available choices.It is important to enter the Subjects & Levels in priority order, with the subject & level being most important or greatest FTE subject area.You can leave a message on this screen. Any information that can be given to a replacement is appreciated. Messages should be specific to your assignment, as the requested substitute may not accept the job.Or a message for the Substitute Dispatch Administrator with budget code and information specifics.When satisfied with dates of Replacement Instructions, click Next.
1412. Absence Entry SummaryThe summary screen list all the choices that have been selected. If everything is correct, click the Submit Absence Button. If changes are required, use the back arrow to move back through the screens to the appropriate place where a change is needed.
1513. Absence Entry Confirmation A confirmation number will be displayed. Record this number or choose the Print Receipt button, as this number is needed to make inquiries or changes to logged absences and also confirms a submitted absence.
1614. Absence Entry Changes/Inquiries Click on Attendance TabSelect View AbsencesYou must phone the Teacher Substitute Administrator to make any changes.
17Teacher Sick Leave and One Day Absence Process:Teacher enters the absence on web dispatch for the day they are away by 7:30 am. If it is after 7:30 am please call2. Teacher Substitute Administrator dispatches substitute based on absence entered and request/needs.3. If the teacher returns to work the next day, no action is required by the teacher.4. If your absence continues…..Teacher is responsible to log each additional day absences by 6:30 am to retain substitute consistency. However, substitute consistency is not a guarantee.If the absence is logged after 6:30 am a substitute will be dispatched but potential consistency of substitute is forfeited. If it is after 7:30 am please call5. If the teacher returns to work the next day, no action is required by the teacher.
18What is an absence?an absence is when “you are away from your site” not just sick or on PD.Must be away from your site for ½ day or more to be considered an absence.
19Contact Absences may be logged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Technical Support – Help Desk 777 orSubstitute Administrator - Lynette Pascal ( )Absences may be logged24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
20Tips Use the brochure provided. Bookmark https://myaccess.rcsd.ca on your home computer.Place your brochure where you can locate it at home.Request that your sub leaves a day plan for the next day.Record your confirmation number.Remember substitute releases are automatic.