Get Ready For O-NET Standard 2.1 Indicator 6/1, 6/2
1. Situation: At the party. John: Sam,________ This is Max. Max: I’m glad to meet you. Sam: I’m glad to meet you, too. 1. How do you do? 2. Would you like to meet my friend? 3. I would like to introduce my friend. 4. What would you like to know about Max?
2. Situation: On Sport’s day. If your friend got a gold medal, what should you say? 2. Trick or treat.1. Get well soon. 3. Congratulations! 4. Sorry to hear that.
3. American people__________ when they greet each other. 1. touch their ears 2. nod their heads 3. show their hands 4. shake their hands
4. Today is Valentine’s Day. Gary can’t find any roses for Sara. So, what can he give her? 1.Picture 2.Pumpkin 3.Money 4.Chocolate
5. Situation: At night. Children wear costumes. They go around from house to house. They knock on the door and say “trick or treat!”, what should you give to the children? 1. Some eggs. 2. Some roses. 3. Some candies. 4. Some milk.
6. Which one is incorrect? 1. Roses - Valentine’s Day 2. Pumpkin - Halloween Day 3. Trick or treat - Thanksgiving Day 4. Santa Claus - Christmas Day
7. Situation: At home. Bella: Nick, let’s buy some flowers for mom. Nick: I think, we should give jasmine flowers to her. Bella: That’s a good idea. Which day is the conversation on? 1. Birthday2. Valentine’s Day 3. Songkran Day4. Mother’s Day
8. Which one is correct? 1. Pumpkin - Easter Day 2. Candies - Halloween Day 3. Cake - Valentine’s Day 4. Roses - Christmas Day
9. On Sunday, Thai people usually go to temple and Christian people go to church. What do you learn about from this passage? 1. Religion 2. Career 3. Sports 4. Food
10. Thai people usually use spoons and forks but English people use___________________. 1. spoons and knives. 2. forks and knives 3. chopsticks and forks. 4. knife and chopsticks.
11. Peter: When is Halloween Day? Lucy: ___________________. 1. 31 st January. 2. 14 th February. 3. 31 st October. 4. 25 th December.
12. Who goes to church on Sunday? 1.Somsri is Budhist. 2.Ali is Muslim. 3. Jane is Christian. 4. Mo is Hindu.
13. When do the people in western country eat turkey and pumpkins? 1.On New Year Day 2.On Valentine’s Day 3.On Thanksgiving Day 4.On Easter Day
14. Which is the set of things that you should prepare for Christmas Day? 1. card, rose, chocolate 2. card, gift, stocking 3. pumpkin, mask, candy 4. turkey, cake, chocolate
15. What shouldn’t you wear in a church? 1. A long skirt 2. A hat 3. Pants 4. A uniform
16. Which are the suitable pairs? 1. Valentine’s Day - Roses/ Chocolate Boxing Day - Telling funny stories 2. Easter Day - Decorated Eggs Thanksgiving Day - Giving presents 3. Christmas Day - Dinner with family Mother’s Day - Carving pumpkins 4. New year eve - Cheerful party to welcome the coming year April Fool’s day - Celebrating with various acts of foolishness
17. What two are most related? 1.Christmas Day - Visakhabucha Day 2.Halloween Day - Mother’s Day 3.Valentine’s Day - Loy Krathong Day 4.Christmas Day – Children’s Day
18. What would you like to do on Easter Day? 1. Give roses. 2. Wear ghosts masks. 3. Find colored eggs. 4. Have a big dinner.
19. What can you do on April fool’s day? 1. Eat chocolate. 2. Decorate your house with stockings. 3. Play practical jokes on you friends 4. Dress like a ghost.
20. What do you celebrate on Christmas Day ? 1. The death of Jesus Christ. 2. The birth of Jesus Christ. 3. The birth of Buddha. 4. The death of Buddha.
21. Tomorrow is Halloween Day. Joey and Ken go to the mall to buy things for decoration. What will they buy? 1. Eggs and bags. 2. Roses and balloons. 3. Black cat dolls and ribbons. 4. Ghost masks and witch hats.
22. What do western people usually have for breakfast? 1. Rice and curry2. Sushi 3. Bread and jam4. Noodles
23. Andrew: ________! Can you tell me where the Post office is? Emmy: It’s on the left side of the street. 1. Do you know 2. Pardon 3. Congratulation 4. Nice to meet you
24. Situation: Lisa is a new student in this class. Seth: Hello, my name is Seth. How do you do? Lisa: Hello, my name is Lisa_________. 1. I’m very well. 2. How are you? 3. How do you do? 4. I’m from England.
25. Frank: Excuse me, do you mind if I open the window? Nan: ______________. John: Thank you. 1. Yes, I do. 2. Never mind. 3. Yes, of course. 4. Of course not.