Presentation on theme: "Independent Technical Panel on Demand Management Measures (ITP)"— Presentation transcript:
1Independent Technical Panel on Demand Management Measures (ITP) Bob Best – District Sales Manager – Northern CA Cell: (559)
2Netafim Started in Israel in 1965 Global company focusing on the Agricultural, Landscape, Mining, Greenhouse and Wastewater Industries.USA corporate office, Manufacturing plant and Distribution center in Fresno, CA.Smart Drip Irrigation is what we do.
31. How does your company define “water efficient” products? Uses less waterIncreases efficiencyReduces maintenanceIncreases plant growthLess evaporative lossDelivers outstanding uniformityWind issues are eliminatedReduces runoff
62. How many of your products are “water efficient”? 100% of Netafim products are water efficientInline DriplinePoint Source EmittersWater MetersHydrometersSmart ControllersManual and Automatic Filters
93. What % of your sales are water efficient products? 100% of Netafim’s sales are water efficient productsInline DriplinePoint Source EmittersWater MetersHydrometersSmart ControllersManual and Automatic Filters
104. What is your biggest obstacle with regards to selling, implementing and maintaining water efficient products?Resistance from Landscape Maintenance workersBad drip system installationsIncorrect watering schedulesPrevious bad experiences with Point Source Emitters and spaghetti tubingDrip irrigation products have improved over time
135. What water efficient products are you working on for the future? Octave Water MeterNetafim Smart Controller
146. What water efficient products do you feel have the greatest impact on landscape water conservation?Inline DriplineSub Meters – Flow SensingSmart Controllers
157. Do you now or in the future plan to offer some form of web based irrigation scheduling tool – even if it’s just for creating a printed schedule for hands-on programming?Techline CalculatorA scheduling tool is possible in the future.
168. What kind of customer support do you offer for homeowners 8. What kind of customer support do you offer for homeowners? Professionals?HomeownersTechnical Assistance HotlineNetafim WebsiteDIY – LiteratureTechline Calculator
17ProfessionalsNetafim training seminarsOn-site field training / consultationsTechnical Assistance HotlineNetafim WebsiteDesign Details and Installation Literature / CDTechline Calculator
20Matching Application Rates to Soil Infiltration Rates Netafim GuidelinesUSDA Chart
21Healthier PlantsOptimum combination of Air and Water being applied to the root zone.Roots are not drowning.Ag – Higher yields per acreLandscape – Larger, healthier plants
22FertigationApplies fertilizer uniformally to the plant’s root zone throughout the growing season.Minimizes fertilizer runoff
239. Do you get many customer support calls from homeowners? Homeowners – 25% of callsProfessionals – 75% of callsMake recommendations to homeowners that they hire a Licensed Professional Landscape Contractor
24Maximum Precipitation Rates Chart from the U. S Maximum Precipitation Rates Chart from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
25AB 1881-New Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance Irrigation Design PlanOnly use Sub-Surface or Low Volume irrigation in planting areas less than 8 feet.Overhead irrigation not permitted within 24 inches of any non-permeable surface.
26AB 1881: Overhead irrigation not permitted with 24 inches of any non-permeable surface
27Conclusion Scarcity of fresh water – ongoing issue Increases system efficienciesGood for Grey Water and Waste Water applicationsGains to be made to further water conservation
28Thank YouBob Best – District Sales Manager – Northern CA Cell: (559)