Presentation on theme: "The Person God Will Use. In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the."— Presentation transcript:
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" Isaiah 6:1-3 (NKJV)
And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts." Isaiah 6:4-5 (NKJV)
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged." 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." Isaiah 6:6-8 (NKJV)
1. If I will be the kind of person that God will use I must realize I have a responsibility to God. A) I must live a pure life We all need to do this
Everyday each of us needs to open up our bible and say God what do you want to say to me today? No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor 6:8-10 (NKJV)
Each of us need to ask ourselves four questions Is it helpful: what am I involved in. Does it get me in it’s power. Anything other than the Holy Spirit is off limits.
Will it cause others to stumble Is it glorifying to God The second responsibility I have to God B. Walk in humility of spirit
These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, Prov 6:16-17 (NKJV)
C. The third responsibility to God that I have is to have faith in God 1. Believe God will provide for me. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19 (NKJV)
2. Believe that what I do for God will prosper Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. Psalms 1:1-3 (NKJV)
3. Believe that God is absolutely trustworthy 2. If I will be the kind of person God will use I must realize I have a responsibility to others
A. We need a servants heart B. We need a sensitive spirit Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 1 Thess 5:14 (NKJV)
3. If I will be the kind of person God will use I must realize I have a responsibility to myself A. I must be wholehearted
And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered. 2 Chron 31:21 (NKJV)
B. I must be single minded So why do I need to be single minded?
Jesus is coming soon But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up 2 Peter 3:10 (NKJV)
Life is short so get busy whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. James 4:14 (NKJV)
Be filled with passion You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. 5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The hard-working farmer must be first to partake of the crops. 2 Tim 2:3-6 (NKJV)
4. If I will be the kind of person God will use I must have a responsibility to my calling Ask yourself these questions
Have I been called to public ministry Am I aware of my spiritual gifts Have I come to terms with who I am
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.