Presentation on theme: "Earth Space Science Test Review Worksheet Answers"— Presentation transcript:
1Earth Space Science Test Review Worksheet Answers
21. What do the Earth and 7 other planets orbit? The Sun2. What does the Moon orbit?The Earth3. How long does it take for the Earth to orbit the Sun?One year
34. How long does it take for the Moon to orbit the Earth? One month5. How much time does it take for the Earth to rotate one time on its axis?24 hours6. What objects are in our Solar System?Sun; Earth, other planets, and dwarf planets; the Moon and other moons; asteroids; and comets
47. What causes day and night? Earth’s rotation on its axis8. What causes the seasons?The tilt of Earth and Earth’s revolution of the Sun9. Where on Earth do the lengths of daylight change the most over a year?The poles
510. How many tides are there in one day? 211. What are the 4 layers of the Earth?Inner core, outer core, mantle, crust12. What is the lithosphere?The crust and the upper mantle. Also contains the plates that move over time.
613. What is the asthenosphere? The middle mantle. It is where magma is located.
714. Know the names of the Moon’s phases, what they look like, and where the Moon is located in its orbit around the Earth at each phase.
815. What type of rock is formed through heat and pressure changes? Metamorphic16. What type of rock forms as magma cools inside Earth?Igneous17. What is the most abundant gas in Earth’s atmosphere?Nitrogen
918. A metamorphic rock melts 18. A metamorphic rock melts. This molten rock then cools and becomes solid. What is the name of the cycle that these processes are part of?Rock cycle19. What is a transform boundary?Where two lithospheric plates slide past each other.20. What is a convergent boundary?Where two lithospheric plates converge or move towards each other.
1021. What is a divergent boundary? Where two lithospheric plates diverge or move away from each other.22. A tectonic plate is a slab (piece) of Earth's lithosphere or asthenosphere?Lithosphere23. Which water cycle process is rain?Precipitation24. Which water cycle process forms clouds?condensation
1125. How many hours of daylight are there at the equator every day of the year? 1226. Name 5 bodies of water or geographical features that have fresh water.River, stream, creek, pond, lake, iceberg, glacier, groundwater, waterfall, geyser27. Name 5 bodies of water that have salt water.Ocean, sea, bay, gulf, cove, lagoon
1228. How do volcanoes form?Subduction of one lithospheric plate under another.29. What happens at a mid-ocean ridge?Sea-floor spreading – where magma rises from the asthenosphere to the crust at a divergent boundary.30. How were the Alps mountains formed?The African and European plates converging.
1331. What type of boundary is the San Andreas fault in California, divergent, convergent, or transform?Transform32. In which direction do the tidal bulges point at?One at the Moon, and the other in the opposite direction33. Why is it hotter in summer than in winter?The Earth is tilted toward the Sun.
1434. What is a solar eclipse?When the Moon’s shadow falls on Earth.35. What is a lunar eclipse?When the Earth’s shadow falls on the Moon.36. Where is the asteroid belt?Between Mars and Jupiter