Indispensable tools for research at its best RefWorks 2.0 fundamental Alan Tang - 2014
- 2 - Agenda Access and sign-up an account with RefWorks Navigating around RefWorks Adding References in different ways Exporting specific references Search references Organizing References with Folders RefShare / attachments Cite and Create Bibliographies How can I learn more?
The name of your institute should show up here Please type-in your login name and password If you have a Refwork account 1. Click Sign up for a new Account to create a RefWorks personal account 2. Fill in the form and click Create Account 1. Click Sign up for a new Account to create a RefWorks personal account 2. Fill in the form and click Create Account
- 8 - After you create your account, you will see a page like this – an empty database containing no references From the menus here, you can access many of the features in Refworks You will see your references here, This is a new database, so right now this area is empty Tools here helps you to organizes your references and folders There is always a search box here to search within your RefWorks database
- 9 - More space for references display` This is a collapsible sidebar which offers Folders information and Quick Access to some features..
- 10 - Adding references Direct Import Text file Searching Online Catalogs Manual
- 16 - Import from HSMC Library Collections If you haven’t yet login RefWorks in another window, The login page of Refworks will show up, and you have to login your personal RefWorks account before the direct export can performed.
- 89 - Upload attachments Adding attachments to a reference
- 90 - Upload attachments Just like adding attachments to your email, RefWorks allow user to add unlimited number of attachments to your references. Support Format of attachment including: · BMP, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, PDF · Microsoft® office files · Equation · Chemical structure · Technical drawing · and more……..
- 91 - Click Edit icon of the reference 1 1 Upload Attachments Click “Browse” to select a file to attach 2 2 Click EDIT icon to begin edit mode
- 92 - Unlimited number of attachments(no more than 20 MB each) in one single reference
- 94 - Cite and Create Bibliographies Format a Bibliography from a List of References Format Paper and Bibliography (using Write-N-Cite)
- 95 - Format a Bibliography from a List of References
- 96 - The new Write-N-Cite Using New Write-N-Cite with MS Word
- 97 - The new Write-N-Cite Integrates into MS Word ribbon Seamless online and offline experience Ability to share across platforms (PC and Mac) Inserts fully formatted citations, footnotes and bibliography – no more citation placeholders! For advanced needs - optional bibliography formatting modifications can be made within WNC (changing line spacing of a style, modifying indent and more)
- 98 - Compatibility The new Write-N-Cite for Windows is compatible with: - MS Word 2007 and 2010 - Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 The new Write-N-Cite for Mac is compatible with: - MS Word 2008 and 2011 - Mac OS X 10.5-10.7 WNC for MAC has the same features and functions as WNC for Windows and documents may be shared across platforms.
- 100 - WNC can be found in Word toolbar Click on RefWorks to launch the new Write-N-Cite
Logging in You log in to your RefWorks account the first time, however, you don’t need to log out, unless you are on a public computer. Remaining logged in speeds up your work and enables you to go offline at any time.
Logging In You enter your group code, user name and password to log in, OR you can get a WNC login code from the WNC Installation page within your RefWorks account. The login code is unique to each account (you only need the code once, unless you log out and then you will need a new code from the installation page).
Login & Syncing your database After you log in the first time, Write-N-Cite will automatically “sync” with your RefWorks account. This may take a few minutes. It is downloading your references and preferred output styles.
Picking your output style Before you start writing, you may want pick your output style. Click on “Style” and select one of our “popular styles” or one of your “favorites” that you’ve added via the Output Style Manager.
Inserting citations Click “Insert Citation” then “Insert New” to launch the insert/edit box.
You can access references by selecting a specific folders (which you can sort by author, year or title). You can access references by selecting a specific folders (which you can sort by author, year or title). You can also search using the search box, which will search every field….
Insert/Edit Citations box Right click to view the full reference (excluding file attachments)
Inserting a citation When you select a reference, You will see a preview of the formatted citation and it will also display at the bottom should you want to re-order how the references are displayed in-text.
Inserting a citation Your citation is inserted into your paper fully formatted in the output style you selected…
Inserting a bibliography You can insert your bibliography anywhere in your paper and watch your bibliography format while you write.
Footnotes You can easily turn any citation into a footnote. Just mark the “Make Footnote” option. You will see a preview of the footnote in the citation preview box. You can easily turn any citation into a footnote. Just mark the “Make Footnote” option. You will see a preview of the footnote in the citation preview box.
Editing citations Right mouse-click or double click on a selected citation to edit it.
Converting old documents Write-N-Cite III documents should automatically convert when you launch the document with the new Write-N-Cite, however, there is also an option to convert an old document or remove field codes stored in Word. Write-N-Cite III documents should automatically convert when you launch the document with the new Write-N-Cite, however, there is also an option to convert an old document or remove field codes stored in Word.
Extras In addition to the citation and bibliography area of the new Write-N-Cite Toolbar, there is a section called “Extras” where you can: -Sync your database -Remove field codes -Open your RefWorks account In addition to the citation and bibliography area of the new Write-N-Cite Toolbar, there is a section called “Extras” where you can: -Sync your database -Remove field codes -Open your RefWorks account
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.