Presentation on theme: "CLASS PRACTICE QUIZ FOR AGES 11-13 TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS SURAH. IT IS ASSUMED THAT THE KIDS ALREADY KNOW THE WORD FOR WORD MEANINGS OF ALL THE WORDS."— Presentation transcript:
CLASS PRACTICE QUIZ FOR AGES TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS SURAH. IT IS ASSUMED THAT THE KIDS ALREADY KNOW THE WORD FOR WORD MEANINGS OF ALL THE WORDS IN THIS SURAH. سُوۡرَةُ العَادیَات بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ Happy Land for Islamic Teachings
وَالْعَادِيَاتِ ضَبْحًا ﴿ 100:1 ﴾ 1. How do we know that this Surah is speaking about horses and not camels? According to some scholars the word “dabhan” is used in Arabic for snorting and panting horses and the words used in the next verse are also used for horses. That is why we understand that this Surah is speaking of horses Happy Land for Islamic Teachings
فَالْمُورِيَاتِ قَدْحًا ﴿ 100:2 ﴾ 2. What does this verse tell us? "Dashing off sparks" indicates that the horses run in the dead of night, for the sparks struck by their hoofs can be seen only at night. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings
فَالْمُغِيرَاتِ صُبْحًا ﴿ 100:3 ﴾ 3. How did the Arabs use to attack their enemies? The practice among the Arabs was that when they had to mount a raid on a settlement, they marched out in the night so as to take the enemy by surprise; then they would launch a sudden attack early. in the morning so that everything became visible in the light of day, and at the same time it did not become so bright that the victim could notice their movement from a distance and be ready to meet the offensive. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings
فَأَثَرْنَ بِهِ نَقْعًا ﴿ 100:4 ﴾ and blaze a trail of dust, Happy Land for Islamic Teachings فَوَسَطْنَ بِهِ جَمْعًا ﴿ 100:5 ﴾ and penetrate deep into a host.
Happy Land for Islamic Teachings They refer to the general bloodshed, and loot prevalent in Arabia at the time when Prophet peace be upon him was born in Mecca. In the pre-Islamic days of ignorance the night was a very dreadful thing: in it the people of every tribe and settlement were in danger of a sudden attack by some unknown enemy, and when the light of day appeared they would heave a sigh of relief that the night had passed in peace. The tribes did not fight only wars but different tribes also raided others in order to deprive them of their worldly goods and herds and to capture their women and children to be made slaves. This kind of cruelty and loot was carried mostly by means of the horses. 4.What do you think the first five verses of this Sarah refer to?
5. Why is Allah (swt) calling humans ungrateful? Allah (swt) is calling humans ungrateful as the powers which man is employing for fighting, shedding blood and looting had not been given to him by God for this purpose. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings إِنَّ الْإِنْسَانَ لِرَبِّهِ لَكَنُودٌ ﴿ 100:6 ﴾
6. Who is a witness to the ungratefulness of humans ? The humans own conscience and their deeds are a witness to their ungratefulness. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings وَإِنَّهُ عَلَى ذَلِكَ لَشَهِيدٌ ﴿ 100:7 ﴾
7. What does khair mean here? Khair means worldly wealth. 8. What does this verse tell us about humans? This verse tells us that human passionately love worldly wealth. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings وَإِنَّهُ لِحُبِّ الْخَيْرِ لَشَدِيدٌ ﴿ 100:8 ﴾
9. What do you learn from this verse? The dead will be raised back as living men from whatever state and wherever they would be lying buried in the earth. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings أَفَلَا يَعْلَمُ إِذَا بُعْثِرَ مَا فِي الْقُبُورِ ﴿ 100:9 ﴾
10. What will be examined on the Day of Judgement? The intentions Aims Objects, Ideas Thoughts The motives behind acts and deeds that lie hidden in the hearts will be examined. Happy Land for Islamic Teachings وَحُصِّلَ مَا فِي الصُّدُورِ ﴿ 100:10 ﴾