Presentation on theme: "10 W AYS T O N OURISH Y OURSELF AND F EEL B ETTER T ODAY ! Heidi Symonds, Health Coach Nourish Yourself For Life! Love the Life You are Living!"— Presentation transcript:
10 W AYS T O N OURISH Y OURSELF AND F EEL B ETTER T ODAY ! Heidi Symonds, Health Coach Nourish Yourself For Life! Love the Life You are Living!
1. N OURISH Y OURSELF WITH W ATER ! Plain room temperature water Teas - oh how I love tea! Lemons Apple Cider Vinegar Then have your coffee with whatever you want in it! “Water bottle alchemy”
2. N OURISH Y OURSELF WITH MINUTES OF Q UIET T IME Meditation - keep it simple! Breathing exercises Journaling Ground yourself for the day
3. N OURISH Y OURSELF WITH W HOLE F OODS ! Real, whole foods with as few ingredients as possible Lots of leafy greens Limit processed foods, sugary drinks/juices Chewing/digestion Super food smoothie alchemy Eat chocolate! Most important: ENJOY whatever it is you decide to eat!
4. NOURISH YOURSELF BY DECREASING THE INFLAMMATION… What is inflammation? What does it look like? Where does it interfere in your life? Where does it interfere in your body? Adrenals Inflammation = illness, mental or physical…you choose.
IN YOUR DIET… Omega 3 vs. omega 6 Fish Nuts Chia seeds Other oils Spices Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon Mustard/dandelion greens Aloe vera
AND IN YOUR LIFE… It’s all about balance Your kids Your job Your partner Your family Your friends Your responsibilities Your community Your exercise routine Copyright Heidi Symonds, 2013
5. NOURISH YOURSELF WITH SUPPLEMENTS & OILS… Supplements Quality, clean fish oil Vitamin D Vitamin C B-12 Calcium/Magnesium Adrenal support, if necessary Probiotics Oils Peppermint Lavender Copyright Heidi Symonds, 2013
6. N OURISH Y OURSELF WITH W ATER T HERAPY Showers Stand-up hot tub Apple cider vinegar & sea salt scrub Stretch, breathe Hot Towel Scub Wash off the day Self-massage Lavender oil Moisturize The Ocean
7. N OURISH Y OURSELF WITH E XERCISE Do your daily “routine” with intention and mindfulness (7x a week) Parking lots Stairs Chasing toddlers Carrying babies Gardening Grocery shopping “Running” errands A good balance of: Cardio-where you break a sweat (3-5 x week) Running, biking, walking, hiking, swimming, Stretching, breathing (4-6x a week) Yoga, qigong, thai chi LOVE it. ENJOY it. FunctionalPlanned
8. N OURISH Y OURSELF BY D OING S OMETHING N ICE FOR Y OURSELF “Put your own oxygen mask on 1 st !” Mani/pedi A cup of tea with a good friend Use your “good dishes” Date night Girls night Take a 20 minute nap Go for a run/walk without the jog stroller or the dog
9. N OURISH Y OURSELF BY D OING S OMETHING NICE FOR S OMEONE E LSE Spread the love… Write a note to someone who could use a lift. Open for the door for someone. Let someone go ahead of you in traffic - even if you are running late Offer to do one of your partner’s chores for him/her. Compliment the kid bagging your groceries or the nice woman in customer service who helped you with a return. It just feels good to step outside yourself with love and awareness.
10. NOURISH YOURSELF BY CREATING A BEDTIME ROUTINE… Check calendar for the next day Tidy kitchen and set up breakfast ALL devices off 30 minutes before bed Hot towel scrub Brush teeth, tongue scraper Gratitude Journal Read (make sure to include some fiction in your bedtime reading) TheirsYours
A ND GET THE S LEEP YOU D ESERVE ! When you really sleep well, so will your entire family. It’s possible! You just have to believe and take the steps to make it happen. Still can’t sleep? Try Dr. Weil’s breathing technique. Show your kids how it’s done, so you can sleep through the night! Wake up refreshed and happy!