4AccessPlus Functionality University Bill (U-Bill)Third Party AccessFinancial AidClass RegistrationGrade Report and Unofficial TranscriptSchedule of Classes and LocationsAddress MaintenanceDepartment of Residence OptionsJob BoardCyCashDirect Deposit
6CyCashUses on campus:- Laundry facilities- Vending machines- Participating dining locationsMaximum charge in CyCash is $50.00 at any one time
7U-Bill What is a U-Bill? Payments due on the 20th of each month Electronic bill viewable on AccessPlusTuition, fees, housing, meal plans, and other miscellaneous university charges are assessed to your U-BillQualified University Bookstore purchases can be charged to the U-BillWhen there is account activity, a reminder is sent on the first working day of each monthPayments due on the 20th of each month
9Payment Options Pay in Full Payment Plans No additional fee Due dates: Fall: August 20thSpring: January 20thSummer: May 20thNote: you may have additional miscellaneous charges throughout semesterDeferred Billing Plan3 payments each semester$20 fee per semesterMonthly Payment PlanPayment plan to cover fall and spring semester charges$50 fee per year
10Payment Options Deferred Billing Plan Allows for minimum payments for the first three months each semester$20 fee per semesterDue Dates:Minimum payments shown on U-Bill each monthSpring:January 20thFebruary 20thMarch 20thSummer:May 20thJune 20thJuly 20thFall:August 20thSeptember 20thOctober 20th
11Accepted Payment Types Pay Bill OnlineElectronic payment from checking or savings account on AccessPlusCheck or Certified Funds (accompanied by payment slip)Make payable to Iowa State UniversityWrite university ID number (customer number) on paymentPayment Drop Box located on the ground floor of Beardshear Hall behind Student Answer CenterMail to:ISU Treasurer’s Office 1220 Beardshear Hall Ames, IA 50011Note: Credit/debit card payments are NOT accepted for U-Bill payments
12Accepted Payment Types (con’t) Western Union Bank-to-Bank International U-Bill Payments:Bank -to- bank transfer initiated through your AccessPlus accountPay in the currency of your choice; converted to U.S. DollarsNO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or ISUExchange rate valid for 72 hours after transaction is initiatedPayments transmitted to ISU electronically, typically posted in 3 to 5 daysClick here for complete details
17AccessPlus Western Union Payment Steps How to Initiate a Western Union payment via AccessPlusStep 1: Go to AccessPlus• Go to https://accessplus.iastate.edu/frontdoor/login.jsp.• Go to Student Tab, Pay Bill Online option and choose International U-Bill Payment Option.• Enter the amount you wish to transfer in U.S. Dollars; not to exceed total U-Bill balance.Step 2: Initiate your payment quote online-Western Union• Choose your currency type.** A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.* If payment is not made within 72 hours of the quote your payment could be subject to return or adjustment.• Agree to the payment amount and accept terms and conditions.• Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a .PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 3.Step 3: Transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions• The payment instructions will tell you how to transfer funds through your personal bank or online.• Make sure that the reference number is included in your wire transfer instructions.Step 4: Western Union Business Solutions does the rest• Using your reference number, Western Union Business Solutions will transfer your funds into your Iowa State University U-Bill account.• This usually takes 3 to 5 business days after your local bank initiates payment to Western Union Business Solutions.
18A+ Western Union steps1. Click “Pay Bill Online” and then “International Bank to Bank Payment” button
192. Type in the Amount you want to pay toward your U-Bill in US Dollars, not to exceed your Current Balance owed and click the “Continue” button3. Confirm the amount you have requested to pay and click “Continue” This will take you out of AccessPlus to the Western Union website in a new browser tab
204. From the currency drop down options, select the currency associated with the *country you will make your payment from and click the “Next” button*If your country is not listed in the drop down menu please select “Any other country (USD)” to continue making your international wire transfer payment
215. Verify your email address is accurate, a 5. Verify your address is accurate, a .pdf with final instructions will be sent to this address. If the funds are from a third party account other than your own you can enter this persons name address and country below, then click the “Next” button to continue
226. Review the terms and conditions for the Western Union Payment, click the box next to “Yes, I have read and understood…” and click the “Submit” button
237. A .PDF document will open in a separate page for you to print if you wish or save to your computer to forward on to the banking institution that will initiate the movement of funds. This is the same .pdf that is sent to the address you provided in step 5. We encourage all students to use their CyMail addresses for this purpose. You can then forward the on to your bank, parents and any other parties you wish to share this information with.
248. Then on your internet tabs that are still open you will need to click the one to the left of the pdf document to return to the Western Union page, which has a tab at the bottom right you can click that will take you back into your secure AccessPlus menu options. Click “Return To Homepage” you will then see this message on your U-Bill tab, simply get the .pdf document to your bank as soon as possible for processing. Contact Western Union by or Phone for further questions regarding this process.
25Third Party Authorization The student must grant access and/or authorization to third parties.Third Party AccessAccount Info ReleaseCreates an ID & password for third party to log onto AccessPlus to view selected infoCan make payments onlineStudent is administratorStudent must review and accept Terms & Conditions each semester to retain Third Party viewing capabilitiesAllows third party to call and discuss detailed info on student’s U-BillThree Options:Information Release Onlynotification & information releaseMail copy of bill ($8.00 per semester)
26Third Party Access Set up on student’s AccessPlus Establishes account for parent, guardian, or other third party of choice to log into AccessPlusSelect categories for viewing access
28Authorizing Aid/Direct Deposit Available financial aid will be applied directly to the charges on the U-Bill 4-5 days before classes beginAny excess funds will be refunded via direct deposit into a bank account of your choiceSign up for Direct Deposit on AccessPlus:Student tabAccount/U-BillDirect Deposit SignupEnter routing and account number from checking or savings account
30International Student & Scholar Advisors Campus Location: 3248 Memorial UnionPhone:Web: https://www.isso.iastate.edu/joomla/Sponsor Contact InformationKatina Van Dyke0880 Beardshear HallBecky Zama3248 Memorial Union
31ISU CARD LOST CARD: REPORT IMMEDIATELY AccessPlus: A+Home Tab, ISU Ids Card Office: Room 0530 Beardshear Hall or callIf activated as U.S. BANK ATM/Debit Card ALSO CALL: U.S. Bank US BANKS
33U.S. BANK ATM Locations on Campus Memorial Union West (accepts deposits)Memorial Union Food CourtMemorial Union BookstoreMaple/Willow/Larch CommonsFrederiksen CourtParks LibraryHubCollege of DesignUnion Drive CommonsCollege of Veterinary Medicine
34ISU CARD & U.S. BANK Disclosures: usbank.com/iowastate All regular account opening procedures apply. $25 minimum deposit to open an account. Fees for non-routine transactions may apply. 2. A surcharge fee will be applied by the ATM owner, unless they are participating in the MoneyPass network. 3. You may be charged access fees by your carrier dependent upon your personal plan. Web access is needed to use Mobile Banking. Check with your carrier for details on specific fees and charges. 4. Optional paper statements available, for a fee. Deposit products offered by U.S. Bank National Association. Member FDIC.After a competitive selection process, Iowa State University chose U.S. Bank as its partner to offer students, faculty and staff the option to add banking functionality to the ISUCard. Iowa State University receives financial support from U.S. Bank primarily in the form of royalties and card stock which is used to support the ISUCard and other student programs. Students, Faculty and staff are not required to open an account with U.S. Bank to receive the ISUCard and they do not need to have a U.S. Bank account to use their ISUCard for other card-authorized campus services. Questions about the University’s partnership with U.S. Bank may be directed to the ISUCard Office at or by to