Presentation on theme: "Iowa State University Accounts Receivable Office."— Presentation transcript:
Iowa State University Accounts Receivable Office
Overview AccessPlus What is a U-Bill? How to Access Your U-Bill Payment Options Accepted Payment Types Third Party Authorization Authorize Aid/Direct Deposit Contact Info US BANK
AccessPlus Functionality University Bill (U-Bill) Third Party Access Financial Aid Class Registration Grade Report and Unofficial Transcript Schedule of Classes and Locations Address Maintenance Department of Residence Options Job Board CyCash Direct Deposit
CyCash Maximum charge in CyCash is $50.00 at any one time Uses on campus: - Laundry facilities - Vending machines - Participating dining locations
U-Bill What is a U-Bill? –Electronic bill viewable on AccessPlus –Tuition, fees, housing, meal plans, and other miscellaneous university charges are assessed to your U-Bill –Qualified University Bookstore purchases can be charged to the U-Bill –When there is account activity, a reminder is sent on the first working day of each month –Payments due on the 20 th of each month
U-Bill How do I access my U-Bill?
Payment Options Pay in Full No additional fee Due dates: –Fall: August 20 th –Spring: January 20 th –Summer: May 20 th Note: you may have additional miscellaneous charges throughout semester Payment Plans Deferred Billing Plan –3 payments each semester –$20 fee per semester Monthly Payment Plan –Payment plan to cover fall and spring semester charges –$50 fee per year
Deferred Billing Plan Allows for minimum payments for the first three months each semester $20 fee per semester Due Dates: Minimum payments shown on U-Bill each month Spring: January 20 th February 20 th March 20 th Summer: May 20 th June 20 th July 20th Fall: August 20 th September 20 th October 20 th Payment Options
Accepted Payment Types Pay Bill Online –Electronic payment from checking or savings account on AccessPlus Check or Certified Funds (accompanied by payment slip) –Make payable to Iowa State University –Write university ID number (customer number) on payment –Payment Drop Box located on the ground floor of Beardshear Hall behind Student Answer Center –Mail to: ISU Treasurer’s Office 1220 Beardshear Hall Ames, IA Note: Credit/debit card payments are NOT accepted for U-Bill payments
Accepted Payment Types (con’t) Western Union Bank-to-Bank International U-Bill Payments: Bank -to- bank transfer initiated through your AccessPlus account Pay in the currency of your choice; converted to U.S. Dollars NO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or ISU Exchange rate valid for 72 hours after transaction is initiated Payments transmitted to ISU electronically, typically posted in 3 to 5 days Click here for complete detailshere
AccessPlus Online Payment Steps
AccessPlus Western Union Payment Steps How to Initiate a Western Union payment via AccessPlus Step 1: Go to AccessPlus Go to https://accessplus.iastate.edu/frontdoor/login.jsp. Go to Student Tab, Pay Bill Online option and choose International U-Bill Payment Option. Enter the amount you wish to transfer in U.S. Dollars; not to exceed total U-Bill balance. Step 2: Initiate your payment quote online-Western Union Choose your currency type.** A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours.* If payment is not made within 72 hours of the quote your payment could be subject to return or adjustment. Agree to the payment amount and accept terms and conditions. Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a.PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 3. Step 3: Transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions The payment instructions will tell you how to transfer funds through your personal bank or online. Make sure that the reference number is included in your wire transfer instructions. Step 4: Western Union Business Solutions does the rest Using your reference number, Western Union Business Solutions will transfer your funds into your Iowa State University U-Bill account. This usually takes 3 to 5 business days after your local bank initiates payment to Western Union Business Solutions.
A+ Western Union steps 1. Click “Pay Bill Online” and then “International Bank to Bank Payment” button
2. Type in the Amount you want to pay toward your U-Bill in US Dollars, not to exceed your Current Balance owed and click the “Continue” button 3. Confirm the amount you have requested to pay and click “Continue” This will take you out of AccessPlus to the Western Union website in a new browser tab
4. From the currency drop down options, select the currency associated with the *country you will make your payment from and click the “Next” button *If your country is not listed in the drop down menu please select “Any other country (USD)” to continue making your international wire transfer payment
5. Verify your address is accurate, a.pdf with final instructions will be sent to this address. If the funds are from a third party account other than your own you can enter this persons name address and country below, then click the “Next” button to continue
6. Review the terms and conditions for the Western Union Payment, click the box next to “Yes, I have read and understood…” and click the “Submit” button
7. A.PDF document will open in a separate page for you to print if you wish or save to your computer to forward on to the banking institution that will initiate the movement of funds. This is the same.pdf that is sent to the address you provided in step 5. We encourage all students to use their CyMail addresses for this purpose. You can then forward the on to your bank, parents and any other parties you wish to share this information with.
8. Then on your internet tabs that are still open you will need to click the one to the left of the pdf document to return to the Western Union page, which has a tab at the bottom right you can click that will take you back into your secure AccessPlus menu options. Click “Return To Homepage” you will then see this message on your U-Bill tab, simply get the.pdf document to your bank as soon as possible for processing. Contact Western Union by or Phone for further questions regarding this process.
Third Party Authorization Third Party Access Creates an ID & password for third party to log onto AccessPlus to view selected info Can make payments online Student is administrator Student must review and accept Terms & Conditions each semester to retain Third Party viewing capabilities Account Info Release Allows third party to call and discuss detailed info on student’s U-Bill Three Options: –Information Release Only – notification & information release –Mail copy of bill ($8.00 per semester) The student must grant access and/or authorization to third parties.
Third Party Access Set up on student’s AccessPlus Establishes account for parent, guardian, or other third party of choice to log into AccessPlus Select categories for viewing access
Account Info Release
Authorizing Aid/Direct Deposit Available financial aid will be applied directly to the charges on the U-Bill 4-5 days before classes begin Any excess funds will be refunded via direct deposit into a bank account of your choice Sign up for Direct Deposit on AccessPlus: –Student tab –Account/U-Bill –Direct Deposit Signup Enter routing and account number from checking or savings account
Contact Info Accounts Receivable Office 0880 Beardshear Hall Walk-in Advising Available Monday – Friday Summer 7:30am – 4:00pm Fall & Spring 8:00am – 4:30pm (515)
International Student & Scholar Advisors Campus Location: 3248 Memorial Union Phone: Web: https://www.isso.iastate.edu/joomla/ https://www.isso.iastate.edu/joomla/ Sponsor Contact Information Katina Van Dyke 0880 Beardshear Hall Becky Zama 3248 Memorial Union
ISU CARD LOST CARD: REPORT IMMEDIATELY AccessPlus: A+Home Tab, ISU Ids Card Office: Room 0530 Beardshear Hall or call If activated as U.S. BANK ATM/Debit Card ALSO CALL: U.S. Bank US BANKS
ISU CARD & U.S. BANK
U.S. BANK ATM Locations on Campus 1.Memorial Union West (accepts deposits) 2.Memorial Union Food Court 3.Memorial Union Bookstore 4.Maple/Willow/Larch Commons 5.Frederiksen Court 6.Parks Library 7.Hub 8.College of Design 9.Union Drive Commons 10. College of Veterinary Medicine
ISU CARD & U.S. BANK Disclosures: usbank.com/iowastate All regular account opening procedures apply. $25 minimum deposit to open an account. Fees for non-routine transactions may apply. 2. A surcharge fee will be applied by the ATM owner, unless they are participating in the MoneyPass network. 3. You may be charged access fees by your carrier dependent upon your personal plan. Web access is needed to use Mobile Banking. Check with your carrier for details on specific fees and charges. 4. Optional paper statements available, for a fee. Deposit products offered by U.S. Bank National Association. Member FDIC. After a competitive selection process, Iowa State University chose U.S. Bank as its partner to offer students, faculty and staff the option to add banking functionality to the ISUCard. Iowa State University receives financial support from U.S. Bank primarily in the form of royalties and card stock which is used to support the ISUCard and other student programs. Students, Faculty and staff are not required to open an account with U.S. Bank to receive the ISUCard and they do not need to have a U.S. Bank account to use their ISUCard for other card-authorized campus services. Questions about the University’s partnership with U.S. Bank may be directed to the ISUCard Office at or by to