Presentation on theme: "EXTERNALLY FOCUSED CHURCH LEADERSHIP TRAINING EXTERNALLY FOCUSED CHURCH LEADERSHIP TRAINING Million Leaders Mandate Curriculum by JOHN C. MAXWELL Notebook."— Presentation transcript:
EXTERNALLY FOCUSED CHURCH LEADERSHIP TRAINING EXTERNALLY FOCUSED CHURCH LEADERSHIP TRAINING Million Leaders Mandate Curriculum by JOHN C. MAXWELL Notebook Three Leadership Begins With An Attitude Lesson 1 Million Leaders Mandate Curriculum by JOHN C. MAXWELL Notebook Three Leadership Begins With An Attitude Lesson 1
Leadership Begins With an Attitude Leaders think and perceive the world differently than followers do As a man thinks in his heart, so he is Proverbs 23:7
What is an attitude? It is the advance man of our true selves, Its roots are inward but its fruit is outward. It is our best friend or our worst enemy. It is more honest and more consistent than our words. It is an outward look based on past experiences. It is a thing which draws people to us or repels them. It is never content until it is expressed. It is the librarian of our past. It is the speaker of our present. It is the prophet of our future.
Biblical Principles About Attitudes
1. My attitude as I begin a task will affect its outcome more than anything else. Joshua and Caleb a.Saw the fruit in the land b.Saw themselves in Gods hands c.Were optimistic about the future d.Encouraged stepping out in faith. The Other 10 Spies a.Saw problems in the land b.Saw themselves as small and weak and weak c. Were pessimistic about the future future d. Prevented the people from progress progress
2. My attitude toward others determines their attitude towards me. Four Important Leadership Steps with People 1.Remember their name 2.Recognize their potential 3.Request their help 4.Reward their efforts
3. My attitude is the major difference between success and failure. Three Phases Of A Problem: Awareness : We have a problem. Awareness : We have a problem. Evaluation : What went wrong? Evaluation : What went wrong? Choice : This is where attitude steps in! Choice : This is where attitude steps in!
4. My attitude can turn my problems into blessings. Watch over your heart and guard it with all diligence. For from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23
5. My attitude can give me an uncommon positive perspective on life. All things are possible to him who believes Mark 9:23
6. My attitude is my best friend or my worst enemy on life. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart. Luke 6:46
7. My attitude, not my achievements, will give me happiness. I considered all my activities which my hands had done and the labor which I had exerted, and behold it was vanity and striving after the wind and there was no profit under the sun… I know theres nothing better for men than to rejoice and do good in ones lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor – it is a gift from God Eccelesiastes 2:11, 3:12-13
Have you ever thought … 1. If I could just serve in a different place, Id be happier. 2. If I just knew that person, Id be satisfied. 3. If things were different here, I would be OK.. 4. If I would not have done that, Id feel better about myself. Personal Evaluation
8. My attitude will change when I choose to change it. Conditions Choices Age Age As you mature, life is governed more by your choices than by your condition or circumstances
John Maxwell The air currents of life jolt us out of line and try to keep us from achieving our goals. Unexpected weather can change our direction and strategy. We must adjust our thinking continually so we can live right.
Personality/Temperament Birth: Environment 1-6: Word expression Adult acceptance/affirmation 6-10: Self –image Exposure to new experiences 11-21: Associations with peers. Physical appearance 21-61: Marriage, family, job Success Adjustments Assessment of life
9. My attitude needs continual adjustment Indicators for Attitude Adjustments 1.I have not had enough time with God or myself. 2.My family notices and tells me about my attitude. 3.My relationship with co-workers becomes strained. 4.My view of people begins to lower. 5.My perspective on life becomes cynical.
10. My attitude is contagious People catch our attitudes like they catch a cold from us – by getting too close to us!
How to turn failure into success 1.I will never give up so long as I know I am right. 2.I will believe that all things will work out for me if I hang on until the end. 3.I will be courageous and undismayed in the face of odds. 4.I will not permit anyone to intimidate me or deter me from my goals.
How to turn failure into success 5. I will fight to overcome all physical handicaps and setbacks. 6. I will try again and again and yet again to accomplish what I desire. 7. I will take new faith and resolution from the knowledge that all successful men and women have had to fight defeat and adversity. 8. I will never surrender to discouragement or despair no matter what seeming obstacles may confront me. Harold Sherman.