We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAgustin Rickards
Modified over 2 years ago
Mr. Olivas thinks this is him. I don’t get it!
* Smallest part of an element * Has all the properties of the element
* Particle buzzing around the nucleus of an atom * It has a negative charge
* The dense part in the middle of an atom * Has protons and neutrons in it
* The area where electrons move
* The particles in the nucleus that are positive
* The unit that describes what the mass of the atom or molecule is. * Can be found on the periodic table
* The particle in the nucleus of an atom that has no charge but has mass
* The number of protons in the atom
* The same element(atom) that has different amounts of neutrons.
* The number of protons and neutrons in an atom added together
* The mass of an atom expressed in atomic mass units or amu.
Atoms 8.5A The student is expected to describe the structure of atoms, including the masses, electrical charges, and locations, of protons and neutrons.
Atomic Mass. Each element found on the periodic table of elements is given an atomic mass The atomic mass tells you the average mass of the atoms of an.
PROTON Proton: the positively charged particle found in the nucleus of an atom.
Building Blocks 1c Int
Atoms and Elements. Subatomic Particles Atom- Smallest particle of an element. Subatomic Particles- Atoms are composed of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
Atoms and the Periodic table v=pO0X6fVre1I&feature=related v=pO0X6fVre1I&feature=related
Matter & Atoms Unit 2. Matter Matter – anything that has mass and takes up space. Matter is made up of MUCH smaller particles known as atoms. 1)
The Periodic Table. Define the following terms. 1. proton 2. neutron 3. electron 4. nucleus.
Atoms, Elements, & Compounds. Elements Element --- any substance that can’t be broken down into simpler substances. Example of an element --- Oxygen,
Question One Contrast the size of a atom with the size of a flea?
The Structure of an Atom
Atomic Mass & Number Isotopes The Periodic Table.
Introduction to Chemistry. What is “matter?” Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space EVERYTHING around you is matter (including you!)
Subatomic Particle SymbolChargeMass (amu) Where is it found? Atomic mass unit (AMU)- the SI unit used to express the mass of the particles in an atom.
Unit 3 (Ch. 6) - Atom/Periodic Table Bach 11/24/09 Ch. 6 Vocabulary – Introduction to Atoms (p. 183, 11 terms + 4)
What part of an atom is the arrow pointing to? A. proton B. electron C. neutron D. shell E. nucleus.
Ch. 11 Section 2 The Atom. Vocabulary To Know Proton- subatomic particle that has a positive charge and that is found in the nucleus Atomic mass unit-
Warmup: Concept: PS-2.1 Compare the subatomic particles.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.