Presentation on theme: "WORLD HISTORY BIOGRAPHY RESEARCH PAPER Drowne. CHOOSING A PERSON… Any person from a time period we will cover in this class (500- 1815) Can be from any."— Presentation transcript:
WORLD HISTORY BIOGRAPHY RESEARCH PAPER Drowne
CHOOSING A PERSON… Any person from a time period we will cover in this class ( ) Can be from any region we have studied (Europe, Americas, Africa, Byzantium, Russia, some from Asia) There is LOTS of information on everyone, you just need to get the basics.
STARTING YOUR RESEARCH We will be in the library for 4 days (Tuesday-Friday) Ms. King will have set aside some books for us, and there will also be websites you can use. I strongly recommend you start with books, mostly because you will need to use AT LEAST 3 books.
SOURCE AND NOTE CARDS You will be making source and note cards on index cards for this project. The following few slides will show you exactly how to do that. If you forget what to do, use this to help you. Source cards record your sources, the note cards are the notes you take from the sources.
1. Label your cards A, B. C, etc.
2. Find the author and record as last name, first name
3. Take down the title
4. Take down the place of publication. Use the state only if the city is not one that most people are familiar with.
5. Take down the publishing company.
6. Take down the year of publication. Use the most recent update or printing of the book.
7. Then write print, as it is a print source. Also take down the pages numbers that you are using in the book.
Your next card would be B and you would go through the same process to make that card.
MAKING NOTE CARDS Once you have all your sources and you have read through them and highlighted the important points, you can start taking notes on notecards. You will put ONE yes thats right ONE note per card.
The cards will be labeled A1, A2, A3, etc, and then for source B - B1, B2,