1. When and where did the German War planes begin to drop bombs? At 4 p.m. on 7 th September 1940 on London. At 4 p.m. on 7 th September 1940 on London. 2. When did the second attack stop? 4:30 a.m. the following morning. 4:30 a.m. the following morning. 3. What were the attacks known as? The Blitz (lightning war). The Blitz (lightning war). Reading
4. What was the result of the war? 450 killed, up to 200,000 Londoners found shelter from the bombing in underground stations. 450 killed, up to 200,000 Londoners found shelter from the bombing in underground stations.
Complete the sentences with the verbs in the past simple. 1. I remember that the house _____ during the bombing. 1. I remember that the house _____ during the bombing. 2. The planes _____ very low. 2. The planes _____ very low. break fall feel fly shake think flew shook
3. A lot of bombs ____ on the docks. 4. A lot of people _______ the underground would be the safest place. 5. They _____ the chains on the doors. 6. You ___ much safer in the underground. broke thought felt fell
1. How old were Alice and Henry when the bombing campaign started? Alice was 7, and Henry 12. Alice was 7, and Henry 12. 2. Where was Alice when she saw the bombing for the first time? In her bedroom. In her bedroom. Listening
3. What did Henry and his brother do? They went out into the street to watch the planes. 4. Where was Alice when a bomb fell on her street? In the underground. 5. Who was Henry with on the night he remembers best? His father.
Complete the sentences with the words below. 1. I remember that the house shook, and I looked through my bedroom ______. 2. I remember seeing ____ in the distance. 3. I also remember that my parents were very _______ with me. fires annoyed window annoyed counting excited fires shouting sound supposed window
Function Talking about memories. Talking about memories. I remember … I remember … I never forget hearing that sound. I never forget hearing that sound. I never forget seeing the scene … I never forget seeing the scene … The first thing I remember was … The first thing I remember was … I felt … when … I felt … when …
In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are no winners, but all are losers. N The way to win an atomic war is to make certain it never starts. B. There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but boys, it is all hell. W, T. When peace has been broken anywhere, the peace of all countries everywhere is in danger.Franklin Roosevelt..F.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.