31. What is the earliest age that you can receive a Learner’s License in the state of Alabama? 15
42. Questions on the Learner’s License come from what three areas? Alabama traffic lawsRoad signsRules of safe driving
53. List the 9 possible maneuvers on the road test. Right and left turnsSignalingUse of marked and unmarked traffic lanesBacking the vehicleObservance of traffic signs and signalsMaking a quick stopGeneral control of the vehicleObservationThree point turn (except in Baldwin County!)
64. When your license expires, how long do you have to renew it? 60 days
75. What is a CDL and list the three classes. Commercial Driver’s LicenseABC
8Canceling a person’s license when they were not entitled to receive it 6. Define cancellationCanceling a person’s license when they were not entitled to receive it
97. Define revocationA license may be revoked and the driver may apply for a new license after a certain period of time.
108. Define suspensionA license may be suspended or put on hold for a certain period of time.
119. List the point system for determining a suspended license ALL POINTS ARE FOR A 2 YEAR PERIOD12-14 pts days15-17 pts days18-20 pts days21-23 pts days24 or more pts 360 days
1210. List the points for : Speeding in excess of 85 MPH - 5 pts Passing a stopped school bus - 5 ptsRunning a stop sign - 3 pts
1311. You should signal 100 feet before making a turn.
1412. You should always turn into the lane closest to you!
1513. Describe how you should handle a curve as a driver. Slow downAvoid the brakes, if possibleAccelerate slightly when rounding the curve
1614. What is the following distance for a motorcycle? 2 SECONDS!!
1715. Describe the 3 parking on a hill situations. Down a hill with a curb – wheels toward curbUp a hill with a curb – wheels away from the curbUp a hill without a curb – wheels toward the curb
1816. When should a bicyclist signal for a turn? They should signal for all turns!!
1917. Ninety percent of all highway crashes are the result of driver error!
2018. Each year, what percentage of all fatal crashes involve alcohol? 50%
2119. What are BAC and DUI?BACBloodAlcoholContentDUIDrivingUnder theInfluence(any mind altering substance)
2220. An adult’s BAC would have to be .08% or more to be considered DUI.
2321. A person operating a commercial vehicle must not have a BAC of 21. A person operating a commercial vehicle must not have a BAC of .04% or more.
2422. A person who is under the age of 21 is considered DUI when their BAC is .02%.
2523. What is the Implied Consent Law? A person’s signature on their driver’s license gives their consent to be tested for drugs and alcohol while on the highway.
2624. What is the rule for determining a safe following distance? The 2 second rule!
2725. What makes up “Total Stopping Distance?” Driver reactionPlusBraking distance
3129. What is the difference between a solid centerline and a broken centerline? On a solid centerline you can’t pass; on a broken line you pass when it is safe!
3230. List the 6 Statutory speed limits. 30 mph in an Urban district35 mph unpaved road45 mph county paved road (unless posted)55 mph in other locations65 mph where posted70 mph where posted on interstate
3331. Who has the right in an uncontrolled intersection? The person on the right