4Ch. 15 Anticipation Guide 1. The Justinian Code was updated by A. Roman LawB. English Common LawC. NapoleonD. Louisiana
52. Most criminal trials in the USA involve A. State lawsB. Federal lawsC. Civil lawsD. Public laws
63. Good laws mustA. Be based on ancient lawsB. Be reasonableC. Be harshD. Last for generations
74. In contrast with today’s laws, the code of Hammurabi A. Was written by the people themselvesB. Originated in EnglandC. Was passed orally from one generation to the nextD. Set harsh penalties for crimes
85. Jury members must beA. ImpartialB. 30 years or olderC. From a different area than the one in which the crime was committedD. Represented by a lawyer
96. When determining the amount of bail, the judge considers the seriousness of the case, the criminal record of the accused, and the ability of the accused to post bail.7. A statute is a law written by the legislative branch of government.8. The common law tradition of following precedents still survives in our U.S. courts.9. The Title of Chapter 16 is Legal Rights and Responsibilities10. The Code of Hammurabi is the first known system of written law.