Presentation on theme: "Reading : Legend Unsur bahasa : Conjunction Language Function : Inviting people BAHASA INGGRIS."— Presentation transcript:
Reading : Legend Unsur bahasa : Conjunction Language Function : Inviting people BAHASA INGGRIS
Once, a fisherman named Batara Guru Sahala in Batak land. One day he caught a fish. He was surprised to find that the fish could talk. It begged Sahala to set it free. He did accordingly.
As soon as the fish was free, it changed into a woman. She was beautiful that Sahala fell in love with her at once. He asked her to marry him. The woman agreed to marry Sahala. However, she told him that he must never let out the secret that she was once a fish. Sahala promised her that he would not tell anyone about it
They were happily married, and had two daughters. Every morning Sahala went out fishing. His daughters would bring him his lunch. One day, however, instead of bringing the food to their father, the two girls ate it.
When Sahala knew that they had done with the meal, he got very angry. He shouted at them saying,” You behaved exactly like the daughters of fish!”
The girls didn’t know what their father meant, They went home and asked their mother about it. Their mother was very annoyed. Although, Sahala apologized to her, it was too late. She would not forgive him for breaking his promise.
The earth began to shake, and volcano started to erupt. The earth cracked and formed a big hole. People said that hole became lake Toba.
1.The suitable title for the text above is … a. Special Fish b. The Legend of Batak Land c. The Legend of Danau Toba d. Sahala’s Fate
2. What was the woman’s secret? a. She was beautiful b. She was once a fish c. She married Sahala d. She changed into a woman
3. How was Sahala’s wife when her daughters asked her about Sahala’s words? a. She was very delighted b. She became sad c. She got angry d. She looked glad
4. “It begged Sahala to set it free” The word it here refers to … a. the land b. the fisherman c. the fish d. the guru
Unsur Bahasa Conjunction Subordinate Conjunction Kata sambung yang digunakan untuk menggabungkan induk kalimat dan anak kalimat yang berfungsi sebagai kata keterangan.
1.Menjelaskan Waktu (Time) - When: ketika - After: sesudah - Before: sebelum - Until: sampai 2. Alasan (Reason) - Because: karena - Since: karena
3. Syarat (Condition) - If: jika 4. Pertentangan (Contrast) - Although: meskipun
Contoh Kalimat He read the book when he has time He worked as a lawyer after he finished his education I will not sign the contract if it is not satisfactory I can’t ride the motorcycle because the brake is broken
1.Anwar : Good morning. Did you sleep well last night? Daisy: Morning. Well, actually I couldn’t sleep well… I was really tired. a. because b although c. if d. when
2. Mr. Budiman : Right! What do you think of this house? Mrs. Budiman : It isn’t very nice … I like the garden. Let’s find another one. a. since b. although c. when d. if
3. Lily: It’s already 3 pm. Why don’t you go home. Vina: I want to finish this job … going home. a. before b. after c. if d. when
4. Alena : What do you do for fun. Ton? Tony : I like listening to music. I love music … I can’t play any musical instrument. a. because b. after c. although d. if
5. Sinta : I often see Anton in the library. He looks serious studying his lesson. Vitra : Right. He studies hard …he wants to become a doctor. a. whenb. because c. afterd. although
6. Yuni : I think I can’t go home now. I have to complete this work now. Will you wait for me? Aldi : Yes, I will wait for you … you finish your job. a. although b. because c. before d. until
7. Bela : Why don’t you complete the form? Dian : I can’t do it …you give the data needed a. when b. before c. although d. if
8. Rumi : I haven’t told Andy to come to the meeting tomorrow. Viga : I will tell him … I meet him a. if b. although c. before d. because
Language Function Inviting People Inviting someone Accepting an Invitation Declining an Invitation
Would you like to… And if you are in Jakarta, please do look me up You will …, won’t you? What about ….ing Inviting Someone
Come and … Why don’t you … We should be very pleased if you could … Would you care to …
Accepting an Invitation Thank you, I’d like to I would, thank you very much That would be very nice With pleasure That sounds very nice idea Great/lovely You bet
Declining an Invitation Thank you very much but … That’s very kind of you but … Thank you for asking me but … I am very sorry I don’t think I can. I …
I’d love to but … I wish I could, but … I am afraid I … Sorry I can’t … Unfortunately I can’t …
1. Susy : I’ve got some new films at home …and watch them together Risa : I’d love to but I am sorry I can’t. I have to go to the dentist this afternoon. a. I am sure you will come b. Do you agree with it c. Why don’t you come d. Do you think it is a good idea
2. Mr. Jones : …if you could come to my daughter’s wedding party next Sunday. Mr. Smith : We’d be delighted to come. Thank you. a. What about b. You can come, can’t you? c. We should be very pleased d. With pleasure
3. Elly : You look busy recently Dana : Yes, we will have a reception to celebrate the opening of our new store. Would you like to come then. It’s tonight. Elly : …, but I have a final examination the following day.
a.I hope so b.What a coincidence c.I wish I could d.I am confused
4. Jay : There is a good film on the cinema … watching it next Saturday night. Yulia : That’s a good idea I’d love too. a. how come b. why do you c. what about d. will you
5. Nata : We will have a small party to celebrate my graduation. Do you fancy to come along? Erika : … Thank you. a. That’s a great thing b. What an amazing thing c. That would be very nice d. I wish I could
6. Diah : I will celebrate my 20 th wedding anniversary tomorrow night. You must come. Rinda : …but I can’t. I have an appointment with my doctor. a. of course b. I’d love to c. why not d. certainly