Presentation on theme: "Menu Question tag Offering. The Healthy Restaurant Salads ($2 each) Bean Tomato green Side dishes Brown rice Boiled potatoes Drinks ($1 each) Orange juice."— Presentation transcript:
The Healthy Restaurant Salads ($2 each) Bean Tomato green Side dishes Brown rice Boiled potatoes Drinks ($1 each) Orange juice Apple juice Lemon tea
Main courses ($5 each) Steamed fish Vegetarian bean pie Tofu delight Desserts ($2 each) Mango Melon Mixed fruit
1.What is the name of the text above? a.Menu b.Shopping list c.recipe d.label
2. Where do you usually find this kind of text? a.At home b.In the market c.At the restaurant d.At the supermarket
3. What is menu ? a.Direction for preparing the meal b.List of dishes available at a restaurant c.A set of cooking instruction d.The schedule of dishes at the resaturant
4. What kinds of food have the same price? a.Salad and main course b.Drinks and main course c.Salads and drinks d.Salads and desserts
5. What should you do if you want to order the food in the menu above? a.Write it down on the menu b.Underline the name of the food we order c.Give ticks to the boxes d.Read the menu carefully
1.How many kinds of drinks are there in the menu above? a.One b.Two c.Three d.four
2. How much will you pay if you buy hot dog and a cup of coffee? a.$ 1 b.$ 2 c.$ 3 d.$ 4
3. What food in the menu above is the most expensive ? a.Taco b.Hamburger c.Salad d.sandwich
TAG QUESTION Pertanyaan yang dilekatkan di akhir kalimat. You can come to the party, can’t you? Andy visited you, didn’t he? Digunakan untuk menegaskan atau meyakinkan bahwa pernyataan tadi benar We will go now, won’t we? He is a doctor, isn’t he?
Digunakan untuk mencari kebenaran / persetujuan pernyataan tadi The man is our new teacher, isn’t he? Ostriches are bird, aren’t they? Bila intonasinya naik question tag tersebut merupakan pertanyaan You don’t know the answer, do you? Yes, I do No, I don’t
Bila intonasinya turun question tag tersebut meminta pembenaran pernyataan tersebut You can swim, can’t you? He likes coffee, doesn’t he? Bila kalimatnya berbentuk positif, question tagnya berbentuk negatif Your mother is a doctor, isn’t she?
Bila kalimatnya berbentuk negatif,question tagnya berbentuk positif You don’t like tea, do you? Selalu menggunakan pronoun (kata ganti) di question tagnya Pronoun : I, You, We, They, He, She, It
Mary : she Mary is your sister, isn’t she? Tony : he Tony is at home now, isn’t he?
Digunakan untuk menegaskan atau meyakinkan bahwa pernyataan tadi benar We will go now, won’t we? He is a doctor, isn’t he?
Mary and Tony : they Mary and Tony came here, didn’t they? I and Tina : we I and Tina can go now, can’t we? The book : it The book is expensive, isn’t it? They books : they The books are yours, aren’t they?
Rule Bila kalimat tersebut mempunyai to be (is, am, are, was, were) The book is expensive, isn’t it? Your mother was at the market yesterday, wasn’t she? The boys were there, weren’t they?
Bila kalimat tersebut mempunyai modal Modal :can, could, will, would, may, might, shall, should, must, You can swim, can’t you? They will come here, won’t they? The boys mustn't join the contest, must they?
Bila kalimat tersebut mempunyai auxiliary have/has Have /has adalah auxiliary bila diiukuti Verb 3 : They have eaten, haven't they? She has gone, hasn’t she? You haven’t finished it yet, have you?
Bila kalimat tersebut tidak mempunyai to be, modal atau aux have/has maka membutuhkan kata kerja bantu Kata bantu : do/does, did -You like apples, don’t you? - Anita goes early every morning, doesn’t she? - Vita visited you, didn’t she?
Perkecualian This is your book, isn’t it? These are yours, aren’t they? There is a meeting tonight, isn’t there? Everything is OK, isn’t it? Everyone took the test, didn’t they? I am invited, aren’t I? I am not the only one, am I?
Kalimat yang bermakna negatif, question tagnya berbentuk positif Nothing is wrong, is it? Nobody called you, did they? You’ve never been here before, have you?
Kalimat perintah/larangan, kalimat ajakan, Let’s go there, shall we? Open the door, will you? Don’t say that again, will you
1.Heru: The English teacher gave a quiz this morning. Irwan: But you could answer the questions, …? Heru : Yes, some of them a.Did you b.Have you c.could you d.Couldn’t you
2. Citra : Dila decided to go there alone. Risky : she’s been there before, …? a.Has she b.is she c.hasn’t she d. isn’t she
3. Jenny: Do you know where my ring is? Tara: it’s on the dressing table last night….? Jenny: Yes, but it is gone. a.Is it b.Isn’t it c.Was it d.Wasn’t it
4. Winda : It’s already ten o'clock. Togar : You’ll leave us now, …? a.Will you b.Won’t you c.Do you d.Aren’t you
5. Santi : Is our new headmaster Mr.Handika? Wawan : Yes, You’ve never met him before, …? a.Have you b.Haven’t tou c.Did you d.Didn’t you