Presentation on theme: "Name:Joana Dias e Alexandra Oliveira Course:Profissional de Técnico de Higiene e Segurança do Trabalho e Ambiente Class:4I Subject:AMART Teacher:Ondina."— Presentation transcript:
Name:Joana Dias e Alexandra Oliveira Course:Profissional de Técnico de Higiene e Segurança do Trabalho e Ambiente Class:4I Subject:AMART Teacher:Ondina Filipe AEVA – Escola Profissional de Aveiro
Introduction The aim of our work is the awareness on water protection and its saving. We want to show how essential water is to life of every human being and that we would not live without it.
Water It’s a colourless, transparent and odourless liquid which forms the seas, lakes, rivers and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms. It is also a compound of oxygen and hydrogen (chemical formula: H 2 O) with highly distinctive physical and chemical properties.
Organoleptic properties of water Organoleptic properties of water Colour: Colour: transparent Flavour: Flavour: flavourless Smell: Smell: odourless
Water Cycle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g26Wk4gpkws
Water Solid state Liquid state Gas state Gas state
Tips to save water To brush your teeth use a glass of water. It is unnecessary that the tap is always on. Choose a shower instead of immersion baths, preferably that lasts up to 5 minutes. Always use full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher – this cuts out unnecessary washes in between.
Some more tips Fix a dripping tap. A dripping tap can waste 15 liters of water a day, or 5,500 liters of water a year. Watering plants at night or early morning when water evaporation is less.
Water scarcity in Africa The lack of water happens because the reserves are finite, and the quantity available is decreasing, furthermore, demand has increased due to population growth. Today, the annual supply of water is 6,800 m³ per person, while in 1950 the number was 16,800 m³.
ADRA – Águas da Região de Aveiro It’s the entity that manages and operates as public partnership water and sanitation services related to Water systems in the region of Aveiro. It's a public limited company incorporated in the Corporate Sector of the State, whose shareholders AdP - Águas de Portugal, SA, represents the State, with 51% of the share capital. The remaining 49% of the share capital are held by top ten shareholders, the cities of Aveiro, Albergaria-a-Velha, Aveiro, Estarreja, Aveiro, Murtosa, Oliveira do Bairro Ovar, Sever do Vouga and Vagos with different percentages.
UN and the Water It is estimated that one billion people do not have access to a sufficient supply of water, defined as a source that can provide 20 liters per person per day at a distance no greater than a thousand meters. These sources include household connections, public fountains, ditches, wells and protected springs and rainwater collection.
Blue stamp The Blue stamp Program - Water Friendly Company is an initiative of the University of Water to contribute to sustainable development. The main aim of this program is to encourage and promote the mobilization and recognition of organizations, products and services who develop or sponsor programs, projects or actions focused mainly on socio environmental conservation, protection and restoration of water, both in the community and internal public.
Conclusion This study concluded that there are some countries that are rich in many goods but there the water is worth more than gold.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.