Presentation on theme: "Word Order How to make sentences in English?. There are three types of sentences in English: 1. Affirmative (+) 2. Negative (-) 3. Questions (?) Yes/No."— Presentation transcript:
There are three types of sentences in English: 1. Affirmative (+) 2. Negative (-) 3. Questions (?) Yes/No Questions Wh-Questions
Affirmative (+) The word order in the Affirmatives is very strict. You may not change word order in the sentence, because people can misunderstand you. Even if the sentence is long, every word has its own place.
2. Affirmative (+) 1.2.3. SubjectVerbObject Who? What do we do?What? Weeatcrisps.
Adverbs Sometimes the Adverbs of Time take the first place in the sentence The Adverbs of Place are never the first. The Order of Adverbs : Manner - Place -Time
3. Affirmative (+) 0.1.2.3.4. TimeSubjectVerbObjectTime When? Who? What do we do?What?When? On Mondays weeatcrisps during the break.
4. Affirmative (+) 0.1.2.3.5.6. TimeSubjectVerbObjectPlaceTime When? Who?/ What do we do? What?Where?When? On Mondays weeatcrisps in the school canteen during the break.
5. Affirmative (+) 0. 184.108.40.206.5.6. TimeSubjectVerbObjectMannerPlaceTime When?Who?What do we do? What?How?Where?When? On Mondays weeatcrispsgreedilyin the school canteen during the break.
Negative (-) You make negatives with the auxiliary verb and the particle “not” before the verb. We eat crisps. We do not eat crisps. The other words do not change their place.
1. Negative (-) 1. 220.127.116.11. Subject Auxiliary verb ParticleVerbObject Who? InvisibleNotWhat do we do?What? Wedonoteatcrisps.
2. Negative (-) 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124. SubjectAuxiliar y Verb ParticleVerbObjectMannerPlaceTime Who?InvisibleNotWhat do we do? What?How?Where?When? Wedonoteatcrispsgreedilyin the school canteen during breaks.
Questions (?) We make questions by adding auxiliary verb (Yes/No) or the question word and the auxiliary verb (Wh-) at the beginning of the sentence. Other words do not change their place, but some words are omitted.
1.Questions (Yes/No) (?) 126.96.36.199.5.6.7. Auxilliary Verb SubjectVerbObjectMannerPlaceTime InvisibleWho?What do we do? What?How?Where?When? Doweeatcrispsgreedilyin the school canteen during break?
2. Questions (W-) (?) 188.8.131.52.6.7. Question Word Auxiliary Verb SubjectVerbMannerPlaceTime InvisibleWho?What do we do? How?Where?When? Whatdoweeatgreedilyin the school canteen during breaks?
Make your own sentences: (+) works/ every day/ Mary/at home/ hard (-) Europeans/not/understand/African culture/do (?) why/go/you/in Norway/every winter/do/skiing (+) I/my friend/love/computer games/and (-) do/cats/like/not/dogs
Get rest! Moscow hotel - You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists and writers are buried daily except Thursday.