Presentation on theme: "Letters of Establishing Business Relations Establishing Business Relations Business Knowledge Sample Letter Study Expressions Translating practicing."— Presentation transcript:
Letters of Establishing Business Relations
Establishing Business Relations Business Knowledge Sample Letter Study Expressions Translating practicing Contents
Questions How do you look for your customers? Talk about channels to look for customers
1.Business Knowledge (1)Commercial Counselor s Office ( ) (2)The industrial chamber (3) Banks (4) Periodicals ( 5)Chambers of Commerce both at home and abroad( ) (6)Advertisements in newspaper, magazines or on TV (7) The market survey (8)The introduction from his business connections 1.1. Channels for Obtaining Information About a New Firm
The source of your information Your intention Self-introduction of your firm Enclose a catalogue, samples, a price-list etc. when you are an exporter Make requests for any of these things when you are an importer Express expectation 1.2. The main contents of a letter for establishing business relations:
Dear Sirs, We owe your name and address to the Commercial Counselors Office of the Chinese Embassy in Singapore, from whom we learn that you are in the market for textiles.owein the market for We avail ourselves of this opportunity to approach you for the establishment of trade relations with you.avail ourselves of this opportunity to approach we are a state-owned corporation, handling both the import and export of Chinese textile. In order to acquaint you with our business lines, we enclose a copy of our Export List covering the goods you required at present.handlingimportexport acquaint you with encloseExport List We are willing to enter into business relations with you on the basis of equality and mutual benefit. We look forward to receiving your early inquires. 2. Sample Letter Study
1. Owe… to… … 2. be in the market for e.g. We owe your name and address to the chamber of commerce in India. e.g. We are in the market for wool. 3. Expressions: Arm yourself
3. Avail oneself of… Avail oneself of this opportunity We avail ourselves of this opportunity to express our thanks for your close cooperation.
4. Approach =get in touch with, contact with 5. Handle We had approached the shipping company for booking the space. Handle exclusively
6. acquaint sb with \of sth Sb be \get acquaint with sth To acquaint you with our product … e.g. We are well acquainted with the market condition in Japan.
7. Enclose V Enclosure e.g. We are enclosing our price -list in duplicate. e.g. There are several enclosures in the envelope.
export n We handle the export of metals What are the chief exports of Canada? ? export v We export a large quantity of bicycles now
import n We are interested in the import and export of food stuffs Their import are both reasonable in price and excellent in quality import v We used to import Silicon Sheets before now we export them
, 4. Translating the above sample
3.2. Make yourself skilled 1) We would _________ very much if you send us a few sample books. a. appreciated b. appreciate it c. appreciate you d. appreciate 2) We send a copy of our export list _________ the main items available at present. a. covered b. covering c. cover d. are covered 3) We would like to receive your inquiries _________ our hardware. a. about b. to c. for d. into 4) We wish to establish direct business relations _________ you. a. with b. for c. from d. to 5) We are __________ your detailed requirement. a. forwarding b. looking to c. looking forward d. looking forward to b b c a d
6) We are planning to _________ our business activities to our neighboring countries. a. execute b. extend c. extension d. enlarging 7) We are interested in your cotton piece goods and wish to receive your _________ soon. a. specific enquiry b. special enquiry c. specific enquire d. enquire specifically 8) We are writing you _________ you can give us the lowest quotation. a. hope b. hoping to c. in the hope that d. in the hope of 9) We __________ make business contact with you. a. desirous to b. desire c. are desirous to d. are desirous of 10) We intend to place an order _________ you _________ 300 sets Huanan brand sewing machines. a. from…about b. with…for c. with…of d. from…for b b a c c