Presentation on theme: "Prayer Series- Part II True Praise and Worship. SAUL REPLACED THE ARK RETURNED UNDER KING DAVID Sauls Death 1 Chronicles 10:8-14 Walked in the flesh-"— Presentation transcript:
Prayer Series- Part II True Praise and Worship
SAUL REPLACED THE ARK RETURNED UNDER KING DAVID Sauls Death 1 Chronicles 10:8-14 Walked in the flesh- did not seek God-Pray but sought familiar spirits The Ark was taken away under King Sauls rule David becomes King 1 Chron 11:1-3 David Captures Zion 1 Chron 11: 4-9 The Ark returned 1 Chron 13:1-4 1 Chron 14: Chron 14, 11-16
Godly Kings of the Dynasty of King David always sought to bring about a restoration of the Tabernacle of David order of worship. The Davidic Worship Tabernacle- Singing Dancing-Praise
MOUNT SINAI = TORAH MOUNT ZION = WORSHIP Tabernacle of Moses pointed to how we were to approach YHWH. The Torah points to Messiah Yeshua Tabernacle of David shows us how we are to worship YHWH Points to Loving God with all our heart soul and mind- Deut 6 Tabernacle of David David a type of Messiah Messiah The Focus Of Our Study and Worship
TABERNACLE OF DAVID KINGSHIP AND GOVERNMENT TABERNACLE OF DAVID PRIESTHOOD - WORSHIP Davidic Throne-Judah Kingdom – Under God House – Israel One Government-Gods Rule Davidic Covenant 1 Chronicles 17, Ps 89:3, Ps. 132:11-12, 11 Sam 23:5 2 Samuel 7 Did not replace the Torah of Moses but brought in Praise and Worship Tabernacle of David Singers Musicians Praise Worship Foundation laid at Zion 1 Chron 15: Chron 16:4-6, Now they worshiped in Spirit and in Truth
SOLOMAN THE KING 1 KINGS 1-2 TEMPLE OF YHWH DEDICATED WITH SINGERS, TRUMPTEERS IN ONE ACCORD. 1 Kings 2:1 1 Kings 6:1, Chronicles 5:11-14
JEHOSHAPHAT THE KING JEHOSHAPHAT SET SINGERS OF THE LEVITES TO PRAISE YHWH AND WIN THE BATTLE 2 Chronicles 17: Chronicles 20:14-24
KING HEZEKIAH RESTORED THE ORDER OF THE TEMPLE OF YHWH 2 Chronicles 29 to 31 Hezekiah restored the order of the temple of YHHW according to the commandment of David, Gad and Nathan, with the singers and instruments 2 Chronicles 29; 31:2
JOSIAH THE KING RESTORED THE ARK OF THE LORD TO THE TEMPLE 2 Chronicles 34 Josiah restored the Ark of the Lord to the temple of YHWH according to the writing of David, King of Israel and according to the writing of Solomon his son. The singers were in their place according to the commandment of David 2 Chron. 35:1-18
NEHEMIAH, THE GOVERNOR OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH NEHEMIAHS BOOK LISTS THE NAMES OF THE LEVITES WHO WERE TO PRAISE AND GIVE THANKS ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT OF DAVID, THE MAN OF GOD, WITH SINGING AND INSTRUMENTS, AT THE DEDICATION OF THE REBUILT AND RESTORED WALLS OF JERUSALEM. NEHEMIAH 12: IN THE DAYS OF DAVID AND ASAPH OF OLD THEY SANG AND PRAISED YHWH. Nehemiah 12
DIVINE ORDER OF WORSHIP The word Worship means - To honor, revere, adore, pay homage, render devotion and respect unto YHWH. All our service should spring from a true spirit of worship and praise. How can we worship Him in Spirit and In Truth? To worship In Spirit is to allow the Ruach Ha Kodesh to move upon the believers redeemed spirit, causing love, adoration, devotion, honor and respect to ascend to YHWH. We are born again in our Spirit by the Ruach HaKodesh (John 3:1-5). Our Spirit is to be in union with the Spirit of YHWH Romans 8: 16, 1 Corinthians 6:17. As the Ruach Ha Kodesh moves upon the redeemed spirit, then worship In Spirit ascends to YHWH who is Spirit. John 4:20-24
DIVINE ORDER OF WORSHIP To worship in truth is to worship according to the Word of YHWH. Yeshua said Sanctify them through THEY truth; They Word (Torah) is truth John 17:17. The Word of YHWH is the TRUTH. YHWH has laid down in His Word how we are to worship Him. He has shown His acceptance of a variety of expressions of praise and worship from those who truly love Him. To worship In Truth is to worship according to the Word of YHWH.
DIVINE ORDER OF WORSHIP So to Worship In Spirit And In Truth involves the believer honouring and adoring God by the quickening of the Ruach Ha Kodesh and according to the Word of YHWH. The Ruach and The Word are both needed in proper worship. Both must be there. If the Ruach is not there, then worship is dead, lifeless. If the Word is not there then the worship can become mere sentimentalism and emotionalism. There is a need of the Ruach and The Word/Torah in true Biblical worship. We were created to WORSHIP HIM. To enter into true worship means to leave your self vulnerable and open to the Spirit of YHWH. The reason you have a problem with worshiping is because you have a closed heart and do not trust YHWH and you are more concerned about what others think then what YHWH thinks. If you are SELF CENTERED you can not enter into TRUE WORSHIP. True worship means to forget self and focus on YHWH.
1. Ministry of the Singers and Singing 1 Chronicles 15: 16-27; 25: 1-7 David appointed certain Levites to be singers in the Tabernacle of David. The ministry of the singers in the Song of Adonia was very prominent here. Here we have the Word (Tabernacle of Moses) and Spirit (Tabernacle of David) brought together. One did not replace the other.
2. Ministry of Musicians with Instruments 1 Chronicles 23: 5, 25:1-7 King David also ordained musicians with a variety of instruments to play and sing before Adonai in His Tablernacle.
3. Ministry of the Levites before the Ark 1 Chronicles 16: 4,6,37 The Levites were appointed to minister before the Ark of the Covenant continually day by day as every mans work required. The Tabernacle of David signified the transference of the Holiest of All from Mt. Sinai (The Wilderness) to Mt. Zion (Jerusalem – The Promised Land)
4. Ministry of Recording 1 Chronicles 16:4; 28: 12, 19 King David set the Levites in his Tabernacle to record. The word record means to Set it down so that it can be remembered It involved the ministry of the Scribe. i.e. The Psalms
5. Ministry of Thanking YHWH 1 Chronicles 16: 4, 8, 41 David appointed the Levites to thank Adonai continually. Many of the Psalms exhort YHWHs people to thank Him for His mercy. Giving thanks is an expression of gratefulness and appreciation to the giver of all things. Unthankfulness is a sing of the Last Days. Psalm 116: 17 2 Chronicles 29:30-31, 1 Thess. 5:17
6. Ministry of Praise 1 Chronicles 16: 4, 36 Part of the order in Davids Tabernacle was to praise Adonai for His goodness and mercy. There were always Levites in their respective courses praising Adonai. It is scriptural to say Praise Psalm 47: 6-7; 98: 1-6; 100:2. There are over 70 references in the Psalms alone to Sing Praise.
7. Ministry of Psalms 1 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 98:6 On the day of dedication David was characterized by the writing and singing of Psalms. Colossians 3:16 Ephesians 5:18,19 James 5:13 1 Corinthians 14:26
8. Ministry of Rejoicing and Joy 1 Chronicles 16: 10, 16, Joy and rejoicing characterized the Tabernacle of David. Philippians 3:3; 4:4
Other forms of worship Ministry of Clapping Hands Psalms 47:1; 98:8; Isaiah 55:12 Ministry of Shouting 1 Chronicles 15:28; Psalms 47:1,5 Isaiah 12;6 Ministry of Dancing 1 Chronicles 15:29, 2 Samuel 6:14; Psalms 149:3, 150:4
Ministry of Lifting up of Hands Psalms 134: 141:2 Ministry of Worship 1 Chronicles 16:29; Psalms 29: 1-2; 95:6 Worship also means to Bow down, to stoop very low, to prostrate oneself Ministry of Seeking YHWH 1 Chronicles 16:10-11, Jeremiah 33:3, Psalms 27:8, 63:1-2, 70:4
Ministry of Spiritual Sacrifice Psalms 27:6; 1 Peter 2:3-5; Hebrews 13: The sacrifices of Joy-Psalm 27:6 The sacrifices of Thanksgiving-Pslam 116:17y, Lev 7:12, Jonah 2:9 The sacrifices of Praise-Jeremiah 17: 36, 33:11, Hebrews 13:15, Romans 12:1-2
Ministry of saying Amen 1 Chronicles 16:36 Amen- Hebrew So be it, truth