Presentation on theme: "人教课标版 高一 必修 1 Unit 3 人教课标版 高一 必修 1 Unit 3. Reading."— Presentation transcript:
人教课标版 高一 必修 1 Unit 3 人教课标版 高一 必修 1 Unit 3
Moon river, wider than a mile; I'm crossing you in style some day; Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker; Wherever you’re goin’, I’m goin’ your way; Moon River
Two drifters, off to see the world; There’s such a lot of world to see; We're after the same rainbow’s; Waitin’, round the bend my huckleberry friend; Moon river, and me…
Yangtze Amazon Can you guess what the names of these rivers are? Yellow Pearl Nile
How do people living along a river make use of it? to irrigate the fields. to go swimming in it in summer. to make electricity. to travel along it. …
If you plan to travel along a river Who are you going with? What will you prepare? How are you traveling? Which river will you choose? When will you be back?
The countries the Mekong River flows through: China, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam Reading
Laos Thailand Myanmar Cambodia Vietnam The Mekong River
Read the passage for the first time and complete the following information points.
Who and what Wang Kun and ___ ____ Wang Wei are dreaming about _____________________. her sister taking a great bike trip
Where and How They have the idea to ___ _____the Mekong River. From ______ it ______to _____ it _____. cycle along where begins whereends
Who gives in? Wang Wei believes… 1. They must ____ __ ______ where the river begins in order to see all of the Mekong. 2. They don’t need to _______ much. start in Qinghai prepare
1. It is too ___ ____ ____ to start in Qinghai. 2. That _____ __ ____ is very important. cold and high using an atlas Wang Kun believes….
What can they see during the journey? It begins at a ______ on a ______ _________. glacier Tibetan mountain
Then, it ______ quickly. It becomes ______ as it passes through deep _____. moves rapids valley
Sometimes, the river enters ____ _____ and becomes ________. wide valley waterfall
After, It travels slowly through ____, __________, and ______. hills low valleysplains
At last, the river’s _____ enters the South China sea. delta
Comprehending 1. Where is the source of the Mekong River and which sea does it enter? 2. What can you see when you travel along the Mekong River? 3. Is it a difficult journey along the Mekong River?
1. Where is the source of the Mekong River and which sea does it enter? The source of the river is in Qinghai Province and it enters the South China Sea. 2. What can you see when you travel along the Mekong River? You can see glacier, rapids, hills, valleys, waterfalls and plains.
3. Is it a difficult journey along the Mekong River? Yes. The journey begins at an altitude of more than 5,000 meters, where it is hard to breathe and very cold.
DreamTaking a great trip by ____ PlanCycling along the entire _______________ Team Leader __________ Team Members Wang Kun, ________ and Yu Hang Preparati ons ① Buying expensive mountain bikes ② Finding a large ____ with good maps that shows details of world geography bike Mekong River Wang Wei Dao Wei atlas
① The Mekong River which is called the Lancang River in China begins in a ______ on a Tibetan mountain and enters the ________________ at last. ② At first the river is small and the water is ______ and cold. Then it begins to move ______. After it leaves China and high altitude, it becomes wide, brown and warm. As it enters Southeast Asia, its pace slows. ③ Sometimes it becomes ______, sometimes it becomes a waterfall. Information about the River glacier South China Sea clear quickly rapids
Read the text again and fill in the blanks. My name is Wang Wei. My brother Wang Kun and I have _________________ taking a great bike trip. When we _________ from college, we decided to ride bicycles to travel along the Mekong River. Although I didn’t know the best way of getting to places, I ______ I organize the trip ________. When I knew that the journey would begin at an altitude of more than 5,000 meters, I seemed to be ______ about it. dreamed of / about graduated insisted properly excited
When I was told the air there would be cold and hard to ______, I thought it would be an interesting _________. Once I have _______________, nothing can change it. So Wang Kun had to ______. Because I wouldn’t change my mind, someone says I am a little _________, but I think I am just a person with great determination. What do you think of Wang Wei? What can you learn from her? stubborn breathe experience made up my mind give in
Retell the text according to Form 1 Wang Kun and his sister … since middle school. After graduation from college, they finally got the chance to… His sister thought of the idea to… the Mekong River. They both bought… They also… Wang Wei stuck to the idea that they … When she
heard that the source of the Mekong River is in Qinghai Province, she wouldn’t… She even … when she knew that their journey would… of more than 5,000 meters… they found …in the library. From the atlas they knew clearly about…
The main idea of the text The passage tells us that no success in life merely happens by describing my sister’s and my dream-taking a bike trip and preparations for the trip. The author also mainly describes sister’s “stubborn character”, “always taking her way for a proper way” and her being determined.
If you and your friends want to go for a travel, what will you prepare, and why? Different travelers may have different purposes to travel, what about you when you plan to travel? Do you know Xu Xiake? Do you think his way of traveling is meaningful? Why? Discussion
Language points 1. Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 从中学起, 我姐姐王薇和我梦想作一 次了不起的自行车旅行。
1). dream n. v. of/about sth. (vi.) a…dream (vt.) that… (vt.) sb. to be … (vt.) dream dreamed/dreamt
1) 他梦想着有一天为自己工作, 没有老板。 He dreams of working for himself and not having a boss one day.= He dreams that one day he will work for himself and not have a boss. 2) 我做梦也没想到他是个撒谎的人。 I never dreamed him to be a liar.
dream about = dream of 梦见, 梦想 My younger brother dreams of becoming a spaceman. He always dreams about traveling around the world.
2. Finally/at last/in the end 1)They talked about it for hours. Finally, they decided not to go. 2)The children arrived home at last/in the end after the storm. 3)My dream will come true in the end.
finally 一般指一系列事物或论点的顺序 的最后项内容, 或用在动词前, 表示 “ 等了 好久 …… 才 ”, 没有感情色彩。 at last 只能 指时间位置, 不能指时间顺序, 在意思上是 指经过周折、等待、耽搁到 ” 最后、终 于 ”( 出现所期待的结果 ), 常常带有较浓厚 的感情色彩。 in the end 可与 at last 和 finally 通用，但若出现了非期待中的结果, 用 in the end, 还可以用于预卜未来。
练习 1) The war lasted four years before the North won _______________. 2) Your idea will turn out right _________. 3) ______, I want to thank you for helping me. in the end/ at last in the end Finally
3. It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 是我姐姐首先想到骑自行车沿 湄公河从它的源头行走到入海口。 这是一个强调句。强调句的结构是： It was/is+ 强调成分 +that-/who- 分句
如果强调的部分是人, 可用 who, 也可用 that, 强调其他成分与内容都用 that 。 注意 e.g. It was in Shanghai that I saw the film. ( 强调地点状语 ) 我看这部电影是在上海。 强调时间和地点不能用 when 或 where ， 只用 that 。
根据上下文和语义意图, 说话人可以通 过强调句分别强调主语, 宾语, 状语, 使 之成为信息中心。 All the members held a meeting in the club yesterday.
all the members that/who held a meeting in the club yesterday. ( 强调主语, was 不能换用 were) It was a meeting that all the members held in the club yesterday. ( 强调宾语 a meeting)
It was in the club that all the members held a meeting yesterday. ( 强调地点状语, that 不可换用 where) yesterday that all the members held a meeting in the club. ( 强调时间状语 that 不可换用 where)
把这个句子的不同成分改成强调句。 John gave Mary a handbag at Christmas. 高考链接 Was it ___ that I saw last night at the concert? A. you B. not you C. that yourself 练一练
It was because of bad weather ___ the football match had to be put off. A. so B. so that C. why D. that
— Who is making so much noise in the garden? — ______ the children. A. It is B. They are C. That is D. There are
4. Then she persuade me to buy one. 然后她动员我也买了一辆. persuade vt. 说服 ; 劝服 ; vi. 被说服 persuade sb. sb. of sth. 使某人相信某事 sb. that clause sb. (not) to do sth. sb. into / out of doing sth. Bear them in your mind!
persuade sb. to do sth. = persuade sb into doing sth. persuade sb. not to do sth. = persuade sb out of doing sth. e.g. I persuaded him to do it. = persuade him into doing it. 我已说服他做这件事。 Compare!
高考链接 While shopping, people sometimes can’t help ____ into buying something they don’t really need. A. to persuade B. persuading C. being persuade D. be persuaded
[ 考例 ] There is nothing more I can try ______ you to stay, so I wish you good luck. ( 上海 2007) A. being persuadedB. persuading C. to be persuaded D. to persuade [ 点拨 ] 不定式作目的状语。 try to persuade... 尽力去说服 …… ； I can try 是定语从句，省略了关系代词 that ，作 nothing more 的定语，表示 “ 再没有什么 可试的 ” ，故选 D 项。
如果 “ 劝说 ” 不服, 不能直接用 persuade, 而应用 try to persuade 或 advise, 或者用 persuade 的否定式。 e.g. Some of us advised him to change his mind but no one could persuade him to do so. 注意
1. I __ him not to smoke, but he didn’t think it necessary. A. persuaded B. advised C. hoped D. suggested 2. I was able at last to ____ my mother to follow my advice. A. suggest B. advise C. persuade D. leave off 实例
5. Wang Wei soon got them interested in cycling too. get + 宾语 + 宾语补足语（ -ing/done/ to do /adj./adv. ） 1) I should get the window _______ (repair) before it gets cold. 2) The teacher’s words soon got us _______ (think). repaired thinking
3) She got her son _______ (sleep) on the floor last night. 4) Don’t make your hands so _____ ( 脏 ). 5) 我想把这些椅子弄到楼上去。 I want to get these chairs ________. to sleep dirty upstairs
6. stubborn 1) He is too stubborn to apologize. 2) You’ll have to push hard, that door is a bit stubborn. 3) The old man has got a stubborn cough that has lasted for weeks. (as) stubborn as a mule 倔强的，固执的 难以移动的 难以治愈的
7. Although she didn’t know the best way of getting get to places, she insisted that she organize the trip properly. 尽管她不知道旅行的最佳方式, 但是她 还是坚决主张她来合理安排这次旅行。
1) although, though 引导让步状语从句 不能再和 but, and, however 连用, 但可 以和副词 yet, still 连用。 although 从句多放在句首, though 从句 可在主句前，中，后任何位置，而且 though 可以作副词用于句末，作 “ 但是， 不过 ” 讲，而 although 无此用法。
[ 考例 ] ______ he has limited technical knowledge, the old worker has a lot of experience. (2006 全国卷 I) A. Since B. Unless C. As D. Although [ 点拨 ] 根据句中的 limited knowledge 和 a lot of experience 构成对比，可知这是一 个让步状语从句，故用 although 引导。 since 既然； unless 除非 …… ； as 因为。
※ insist on/upon one’s doing sth 坚持做, 坚决做 e.g. I insisted on/upon his coming with us. ※ insist that + 从句坚持说 ( 后表示一个事 实 ), 后接的从句用陈述语气, 既按需要 选择时态。 2) insist: declare firmly 坚持认为，坚持主张 坚持认为，坚持主张
※ insist that sb. (should) do sth. 坚决 主张做某事, 后接的宾语从句常用虚 拟语气, 既 “should +v.” e.g. Mary was ill. Her parents insisted that she (should) see a doctor. e.g. He insisted that he hadn’t stolen the girl’s handbag.
I insisted that a doctor __ immediately. A. has been sent for B. sent for C. will be sent for D. be sent for 高考链接
8. My sister doesn’t care about details. 我姐姐是不会考虑细节的。 care about: be worried about 忧虑, 关心 e.g. He doesn’t care much about what happens to me.
care for sb/sth: look after, love or like 希望, 喜欢, 照顾 1) Would you care for a drink? 2) He cares for her deeply. 3) Who will care for your child if you are out?
Would you care for another piece of cake? =Would you like …? Would you care to come for a walk with me? =Would you like to …?
9. She gave me a determined look –the kind that she wouldn’t change her mind. 她坚定地看了我一眼 ---- 这眼神表明她 不会改变主意。 determine v. 决定, 下定决心, 确定 1) determine to do sth. e.g. He determined to learn French.
2) determine + 从句 e.g. She determined that she would never see him again. 3) determine + 疑问词 + to do e.g. Have you determined where to spend the holiday next week? determined adj. 坚决的, 有决心的
be determined to do sth. 决心做 e.g. She was determined to go to university. change one’s mind 改变某人的主意 e.g. No matter what you say, I won’t change my mind.
Bear them in your mind! make up one’s mind 下定决心 read one’s mind 看出某人的心思 speak one’s mind 直言不讳 give/ put one’s mind 专心于 keep…in mind 记住
10. keep doing sth. “ 反复不断地做某事 ” 1)The boy keeps asking questions all the time. 2)In those years, Marx kept on studying English and using it. 可能含有间断的意思, 但是更强调 ” 反复 ” 和 ” 决心 ”, 而且常常附加感情色彩。
3) They kept _________ (water) the field until they got a good harvest. 4) You kept _________ (make) the same mistakes. 5) He kept me waiting outside for 2 hours. watering on making keep sb./sth. doing 让某人持续做某事
11. When I told her that our journey would begin at an altitude of more than 5000 meters, she seemed to be excited about it. 当我告诉她我们将在 海拔 5000 米处开始旅程, 她好像对此 很兴奋。 at an altitude of = at a height of 在海拔 …… 米处
e.g. The plane is flying at a height / altitude of 10,000 feet. 注意 at 在此处表 “ 在 …… 处 / 时, 以 ……” 后接年龄, 速度, 长 宽深高, 价格, 费用等
at the age of at a high / low price at a depth/width of at the cost of at a distance of
12. When I told her the air would be hard to breath and it would be very cold… 当我告诉她将呼吸困难, 天气严寒 …… 主语 + be + adj.+ to do sth. 是一常用句 式既不定式用主动形式表达被动含义 e.g. The problem is really hard to work out. My boss is easy to deal with.
不定式和主语之间是逻辑动宾关系， 使用及物动词的主动形式，因此不及 物动词要加相应的介词。 这一结构中的形容词往往是表示心理 活动的，接不定式时, 不定式的逻辑 主语是句子的主语, 主动用 to do, 被动 用 to be done; 也可以接从句。 注意
这类形容词有 surprised, moved, disappointed, pleased, happy, sad, delighted, sorry, interested, glad, worried, etc.
13. Finally, I had to give in. 最后, 我只好让步。 give in (to sb./sth.) 屈服于, 让步, 递交 give up 放弃, 认输 give out 筋疲力尽；分配 give away 捐赠, 泄露 e.g. He had to give in to my views. It’s time you gave in your papers.
1) After the long trip, both the men and the horses ________. 2) Because of his small salary, he had to _______ his dream trip to Europe. 3) Seeing that he could not persuade me, he had to ________ my view. gave out gave up gave in to 练一练
4) He _________ most of his fortune to the poor. 5) Please keep the secret, don’t ____ it _____. gave away gave away
※ give in (sth. to sb.) 1) He would rather die than give in. 2) Wang Kun had to give in because he knew his sister well. 3) Please give your examination papers in ( to the teacher) when you’ve finished. 屈服 让步 上交
---Smoking is bad for your health. ---Yes,I know. But I simply can’t ___. A. give it up B. give it out C. give it in D. give it away √
14. It becomes rapids as it passes through deep valleys, traveling across western Yunnan Province. 穿过深谷流经云南省西部时它变成 急流。 across through prep. 穿过
across 常表示从一定范围的一边 到另一边或事物交叉位置, “ 横穿, 横跨 ” 表面, 含义与 on 有关 through 表达两边穿过或穿过空间 内部, 含义与 in 有关 over 表示 “ 越过 ” 是指越过较高的 物体从一侧到另一侧 辨析 :
e.g. She swam across the river. The river flows through the city from west to east. Walk across the square and go through the gate, then you’ll come to the cafe. The thief climbed over the wall and ran away.
The new railway winds its way to Hong Kong, ___ mountains ___ tunnels and ___ rivers. A.across; over; through B. over; across; through C. over; through; across D. through; over; across 实例
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字 母或汉语提示，写出该单词的正确形式。 1. He is planning his work _______ ( 进度 表 ) for the following week. 2. They took many pictures of the _________ ( 瀑布 ) yesterday. 3. What is the ______ ( 海拔 ) of this mountain? 4. I think you don’t know your own s___________. In fact, no one is perfect. schedule waterfall altitude shortcomings
5. He is so s________ that nobody can change his mind. 6. Do you know where the s______ of the Changjiang River is? stubborn source
II. 根据括号内所给的提示翻译下列句子。 1. 最后我们来到了山顶。 (finally) 2. 我不能骑车去上学，因为我的自行车坏 了。 (cycle) Finally we arrived at the top of the mountain. I am unable to / can’t cycle to school because my bike is broken.
3. 汤姆坚持认为自己是对的。 (insist) 4. 你一旦开始，就必须坚持做下去。 (once) Tom insisted that he was right. Once you begin, you must keep doing it.
5. 她虽然小，但是知道怎么做。 (although) 6. 我们决定立刻去火车站。 (determine to do) We determined to go to the railway station at once. Although she is young, she knows how to do it.
III. 用适当的介词填空。 1. We were great friends when we were ______ college. 2. I had planned ____ 20 guests, but only 10 arrived. 3. There are many ways ____ solving the problem. 4. ______ high altitudes of Tibet, it is difficult to breathe. 5. She graduated ______ Cambridge with a degree in law. at from for of At
IV. 选用方框内的词或短语，并用其适 当形式填空。 ever since; be fond of; persuade; care about; give in; organize; change one’s mind; journey; make up one’s mind; attitude
1. If you _________________ about the job, just give me a call. 2. When I was young, I ________________ to be a doctor. 3. A selfish person does not _________ other people’s problem. 4. My back has been bad ________ I fell and hurt it two years ago. 5. We do not fully understand how the brain is _________. change your mind care about ever since organized made up my mind
6. Father kept inviting Lucy to stay for lunch, and finally she ______. 7. I finally managed to ________ her to go out for a walk with me. 8. My grandfather _________ giving advice to all my friends. 9. I don’t understand your ______ to your new job. 10. We are going on a(n) ______ to a strange place. gave in persuade is fond of attitude journey
Homework Try to retell the reading in the third person. Prepare for Learning about language.