Presentation on theme: "True or False? Marine animals often mistake bits of plastic for food TRUE Whales often think plastic bags are jelly fish. Fish mistake small bits of plastic."— Presentation transcript:
True or False? Marine animals often mistake bits of plastic for food TRUE Whales often think plastic bags are jelly fish. Fish mistake small bits of plastic for plankton.
True or False? True Animals die from eating plastic or getting tangled and trapped. Plastic rubbish kills as many as 1,000,000 sea creatures every year.
True or False? 80% of all the plastic waste in the sea is dumped by ships. False Only 20% is dumped by ships the other 80% was thrown away by us on land. Plastic is blown or washed into drains, streams, rivers and eventually finds its way into the sea.
True or False? Each year the world uses 1 trillion plastic bags. True It would take 38 thousand years to count to 1 trillion. We are using more and more plastic bags every year.
True or False? False We use enough plastic water bottles to circle the world twice! In one year the UK uses enough plastic bottles of water to circle the earth once.
REDUCE Say no to plastic straws Say no to plastic bottles -Get a reusable drinking bottle Say no to plastic bags – Carry your own bag Find an alternative to plastic party bags full of plastic toys Encourage your parents to buy fruit and vegetables that are not wrapped in plastic. Use soap instead of liquid soap in plastic bottles
REUSE Buy toys from the charity shop Take your plastic toys to the charity shop Wash and keep packaging to use again Use plastic pots to store things in Use plastic for art or craft projects
RECYCLE Recycle as much plastic as you possibly can You can recycle bottles, bags, trays and other packaging
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.