Presentation on theme: "- When the agent is unknown, unimportant or obvious– Letter will be delivered today. - When the action is more polite than the agent (mostly in official."— Presentation transcript:
- When the agent is unknown, unimportant or obvious– Letter will be delivered today. - When the action is more polite than the agent (mostly in official forms)– Dogs are not allowed into the shops. - To make the statements more polite or formal- The book has been torn. - To put emphasis on the agent – The Tower of London was built by William the Conqueror.
Noun + be* + V3 + by/ with + noun * Глагол be изменяется по временам TenseFormationExamples Present Simpleam is + V3 are Coffee is grown in Brazil. Present Continuousam is being + V3 are Composition is being written now. Past Simplewas were + V3 Composition was written by Ann yesterday. Past Continuouswas were being + V3 Composition was being written by Ann when mother came.
TenseFormationExamples Present Perfecthave has been + V3 Composition has just been written by Ann. Past Perfect had been + V3 Composition had been written by Ann by 3 o’clock yesterday. Future Simplewill be + V3 Composition will be written tomorrow. Be going tois are going + to be V3 Composition is going to be written by Ann. Modal Verbsmodal + be + V3 Composition should be written by Ann by noon.
1. Jonathan was / has chosen to play the lead role in the school play. 2. I’m sleeping downstairs because my bedroom is being painted/has been painting. 3. Treasure Island was/has written by Robert Louis Stevenson. 4. Your essays must be /have handed in on Friday morning. 5. It was a real shock when my Dad was /has fired from his job.
Passive Voice isn’t used in tenses Present / Past Perfect Continuous, Future Perfect Continuous! Phrases are used instead. √ The restaurant has been under construction for four years. × The restaurant has been being built for four years.
1. They have been building the new road for a long time. (under construction) 2. They had been training the horse for the race for over a year. (in training) 3. They have been discussing the issue in Parliament. (under discussion) 4. They had been observing the criminal for the past two weeks. (under observation) 5. They have been using this plane for over 25 years now. (in use) 6. They have been developing the Cyborg D423 robot for over ten years. (in development)
We use by + agent to say who or what did the action. The best pizzas are made by the Italians. We use with + instrument or material to say what instrument or material the agent used. Soup should be eaten with a spoon.
1. Gunpowder/invent/the Chinese. 2. At the surgery yesterday, I/examine/Dr.Peterson/and/give/a prescription. 3. I went to see it because I/tell/it was a good film/all my friends. 4. This photograph/just take/my grandfather. 5. Our dog/give/an injection/the vet next Monday. 6. The winning goal in the last night’s match/score/Donatello/a brilliant free kick. 7. Your check/send/before you called.
ДОПОЛНЕНИЕ действительного залога становится ПОДЛЕЖАЩИМ в страдательном залоге. subjectverbobject active Ann wrote this composition. passive This composition was written by Ann.
1. Ancient people built pyramids in Egypt. 2. Tommy is having an operation right now. 3. Someone has scratched my car on the door! 4. The waiter offered a menu to us. 5. The hotel provides satellite television for its guests. 6. My grandma taught this song to me. 7. My Dad is going to get a great computer game for me.
Active VoicePassive Voice People think he is a great politician.It is thought that he is a great politician. He is thought to be a great politician. People say he has paid a visit to Asian Countries. It is said that he has paid a visit to Asian Countries. He is said to have paid a visit to Asian countries.
1. People say that Bali is a beautiful island. It … 2. People generally think that life won’t be found on Mars. It … 3. It is generally said that Christmas is too commercialized. Christmas … 4. People say that crocodile tastes like squid. Crocodile … 5. It is said that the Vikings discovered America before Columbus. The Vikings … 6. People think that heart disease is caused by eating the wrong things. Heart disease … 7. People have suggested that the school should start to produce a magazine. It …