Presentation on theme: "Page 6 Im used to talking in public Im not used to getting up early Make a list of things youre used to doing and not used to doing and compare with a."— Presentation transcript:
Page 6 Im used to talking in public Im not used to getting up early Make a list of things youre used to doing and not used to doing and compare with a partner.
(5) Listening Page 6 Listen to the messages or conversations. Complete the sentences. 1. a. Mr. Kramers assistant is apologizing for __________________. b. Mr. Kramer wants to_____________________________________. a. changing the time of an appointment b. changing the meeting to Monday at the same time Audioscrip 1
(5) Listening Page 6 2. a. Nawal is thinking of___________________________________. b. Sabah is looking forward to ________________________________. a. visiting New York b. seeing Nawal Audioscrip 2
(5) Listening Page 6 3. a. Omar is apologizing for not ____________________________. b. At the end, Omar is thinking of _____________________________. a. coming to Rons house b. bringing his cousin to Rons house Audioscrip 3
(5) Listening Page 6 4. a. Raymond is making excuses for not _____________________. b. He wants to ___________________________________________. a. handing in his history project (homework). b. handing the project in a couple of days late. Audioscrip 4
A. Listen to the following vowel sounds. They are sometimes called short vowels. Then practice. (6) Pronunciation Page 6 B. Read the emails again and underline only the words that have short e, a, and i. Practice reading the sentences aloud without stressing the short e, a, and i in the words you underlined. sendhappywish getgetspamcity letterscongratulationsinterested /Ɛ//Ɛ/ /æ/ /ɪ//ɪ/
(7) About You Page 6 In pairs, ask the questions and have your friend answer. Then switch roles. 1. Are people in your country used to sending emails, letters, or cards on special occasions? 2. When did you last apologize for doing something wrong? What did you do? 3. Are you the kind of person who forgives easily? Explain. 4. When you are/were absent from school, do/did your parents write notes to your teachers explaining your absence? 5. Are you used to doing favors or asking other people for favors? Explain. 6. Do you put people up when they travel? Do you ask others to put you up when you travel? Write Answers in your notebook
8 Conversation Page 7 Before Reading 1.what is the phone conversation about? 2. Who are the persons in this conversation? 3. Does Ahmed invite Abdullah to graduation day? 4. Why Cant Ahmed accept the invitation? 4. Why Cant Ahmed accept the invitation?
Your Ending Page 7 What does Abdullah go on to suggest? 1.No ones going to notice. 2. Tell your parents youre not feeling well, and youre going to lie down. 3. Be straight with your parents, and tell them you have plans after dinner. 4. Your idea: _______________________________ Real Talk No way! = used to say you wont allow something let someone down = disappoint Of course = used to give someone permission or encouragement Be straight = be honest and frank Choose good ending
Your Turn Page 7 Role-play these situations with a partner. 1. You cant come to a friends graduation ceremony. Make up a reason and apologize for not coming. 2. Call a friend and accept an invitation to a dinner, an event, or an outing. Role-play these situations with a partner. 1. You cant come to a friends graduation ceremony. Make up a reason and apologize for not coming. 2. Call a friend and accept an invitation to a dinner, an event, or an outing.
About the Conversation Page 7 In pairs, ask and answer the questions. Then switch roles. 1. What was Ahmed looking forward to? 2. Why cant he come to the graduation? 3. What does Abdullah want Ahmed to do? Ahmed was looking forward to going to Abdullahs graduation event. Ahmed has to go to a family dinner for his parents wedding anniversary. Ahmed has to go to a family dinner for his parents wedding anniversary. He wants Ahmed to leave the dinner early.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.