2DYNAFORM - LS-DYNA Based Die System Simulation Package BSE (Blank Size Engineering with MSTEP One-Step Solution)Blanking, Nesting, Material Cost EstimationOne-Step Formability SimulationsDFE (Die Face Engineering)Binder and Addendum Generation, Drawbead LayoutNURBS CAD Surface Based TechnologyAssociability – Binder / Addendum Profile / PO LineRe-use existing die face design for new productIncremental solver – INC Solver for design iterative studiesFormability (LS-DYNA based Forming Simulation Solution)Accurate Solution for Formability in Springback and Springback CompensationMassive Parallel Processing (CPUs) for analysis lead-time reductionDSA (LS-DYNA based Die System Analysis)Die Structure Integrity (DSI)Sheet Metal Transferring & Handling (SMTH)Scrap Shedding/Removal (SSR)2
3New & Enhanced Features/Functions in DF5.8.1 Many significant enhancements in all modulesBSE, DFE, INC Solver, Blank Generator, AutoSetup, Job SubmitterImproved GUI which will provide the flow of the process for setting up analyses.There is no license key change, existing DF5.8 license key is good for DFDown load from web site and move the license key from DF 5.8 folder to the DF folder
4New features of Dynaform New Binder Functionsin Dynaform 5.8.1
5New & Enhanced Features/Functions in BSE Module Processing Procedure Re-arrangedEnhancement in Nesting ProcessingNesting Calculation to improve the calculation of material utilization rate
6Outline Finished items: Create Binder surface together with mesh Depth Check in BinderAuto Move Binder in Part on BinderSimultaneously Select Symmetrical Elements in Part on Binder
71. Create Binder surface together with mesh In DF5.8.1, the program will auto mesh Binder with below binder operation:Create Binder;Modify Binder ;Part on Binder;Butterfly.DF5.8DF5.8.1
82. Depth Check in BinderAdd a check box “Depth” in Binder to check the Draw Deph
93. Auto Move Binder in Part on Binder If there is a larger gap between Binder and Product, then do Part on Binder operation, it often cannot get good result.In DF5.8.1, after click Apply to do Part on Binder, the program will auto to move binder to the closest position of Product, then do the Part on Binder operation.
103. Auto Move Binder in Part on Binder The below are the Part on Binder result of DF5.8 and DF5.8.1.The white region will be on binder, and the gap between binder and product is 80mm.DF5.8.1 ResultNote: Not toggle on Fix Boundary.DF5.8 Result
114. Simultaneously Select Symmetrical Elements in Part on Binder If symmetry plane has been defined for symmetric part and Double-Attached Half/Full, it will support to simultaneously select elements on both sides in Part on Binder.
12New features of Dynaform New DFE Functionsin Dynaform 5.8.1Date: 08/31/2011
13Outline New functions as below Load and mesh automatically; Only add Middle surfaces part in Current Tool;Only add Top or Bottom surfaces part in Current Tool;Define Tipping before Symmetry;Auto check symmetry plane for full input symmetrical part;New Auto Tipping Method ‘Element Normal’;Parameterization Inner Fill, support to simultaneously create and edit symmetrical holes;Parameterization Boundary Smooth, support to simultaneously create and edit smooth features;Simultaneously create and edit symmetrical control points on double fill control line;Simultaneously create and edit symmetrical Side Step features;Product Replace;Update Boundary Fill features
141. Load and mesh automatically Outlines of Import Options:Provide option: Import Line, Import Surface and Auto Mesh in Import GUI.The options are included in Tool preparation of BSE,DFE and Auto Setup modules.Description:The options under file menu of Tool preparation.User can select line or surface option to import models.When selected import surface, the mesh option will be active, and user can set the mesh parameters.
152. Only add Middle surfaces part in Current Tool; In Preparation, the program will automatically add the middle surface layer to the current tool and remove other layers in the current tool after the Generate Middle Surface is generated.Current Tool ListBefore generate middle surfaceCurrent Tool ListAfter generate middle surface
163. Only add Top or Bottom surfaces part in Current Tool; In Preparation, after separate surfaces, the dialog box Add to current tool pop up. Allow user to add the top or bottom surface layers of the part to the current tool, and remove other layers in the current tool.Current Tool ListBefore separate surfaceCurrent Tool ListAfter separate surface
174. Define Tipping before Symmetry Add a option in Edit Default Config to define Tipping before Symmetry
185. Auto check symmetry plane for full input symmetrical part In DF5.8.1, add Apply button to check that the product is symmetrical about defined symmetry plane. If it is symmetrical, the symmetry plane is successfully defined. If not, the user needs to redefine the symmetry plane.Note: In DF5.8.1, DFE support to simultaneously create features on both sides for symmetrical part or double-attached. So we need to define the right symmetry plane, that it will work normally.DF5.8DF5.8.1
196.New Auto Tipping Method Element Normal: New auto tipping method, use the average normal of selected elements as Draw Direction.DF5.8DF5.8.1
207. Parameterization Inner Fill New changes in Inner Fill as below:Parameterization Inner FillSimultaneously fill selected symmetrical holesSimultaneously add and edit profile on symmetrical holes.Simultaneously add and edit profile on hole which cross symmetry plane.DF5.8DF5.8.1
217. Parameterization Inner Fill Parameterization Inner Fill: Use new GUI in DF5.8.1, save all fill features, parameters and profile in database, support to re-edit.Auto: Fill all holes one timeManual: File one hole one timeList: Record all filled holesProfile: Add and edit profile on hole region to obtain special fill result
227. Parameterization Inner Fill 2. Simultaneously fill selected symmetrical holes one time.Select one hole, the symmetrical will auto highlight same time.Symmetrical holesBefore FillAfter Fill
237. Parameterization Inner Fill 3. Simultaneously add and edit profile on symmetrical holes
247. Parameterization Inner Fill 4. Simultaneously add and edit profiles on hole which cross symmetry plane.Note: 1. Add a profile which will crossing symmetry plane, it will auto be vertical to symmetry plane.2. Support to simultaneously create symmetrical profiles on both sides.3.Support to simultaneously edit both symmetrical profiles.
258. Parameterization Boundary Smooth New Changes in Boundary Smooth as below:Change the name from “Outer Smooth” to “Boundary Smooth”Parameterization Boundary SmoothSupport to create boundary smooth feature on inner boundarySimultaneously smooth boundary on both sideSimultaneously edit smooth regionSimultaneously add and edit profileCreate smooth features cross symmetry planeDF5.8Outer SmoothDF5.8.1Boundary Smooth
268. Parameterization Boundary Smooth Parameterization Smooth: save all fill features, parameters and profile in database, support to re-edit.Global: Smooth selected one timeLocal: Smooth by defined boundary on the selected boundaryList: Record all smooth featuresBoundary: Edit position and shape of smoothed boundary.Profile: Add and edit profile on smooth featureNote: 1. After click Add, user need to select out boundary or an inner boundary to smooth firstly.2. All smooth features, parameters and profile will be saved in database, support to re-edit them.
278. Parameterization Boundary Smooth 3. Support to Create smooth feature on inner boundary: Select a hole as smooth boundary. After click Add button, then select a hole boundary to smooth.Note: When smooth hole boundary, only Local method can be used.
288. Parameterization Boundary Smooth 4. Simultaneously smooth boundary on both side: Program will create smooth result on symmetrical boundary one time
298. Parameterization Boundary Smooth 5. Simultaneously edit End Points position and edit smooth boundary’s shape
308. Parameterization Boundary Smooth 6. In DF5.8.1, support to Simultaneously add and edit profile, to obtain special smooth result
318. Parameterization Boundary Smooth 7. The Local Smooth supports to cross Symmetry Plane to create Boundary SmoothAfter defining a symmetry plane and selecting a point on the boundary, the Symmetry Option dialog box will display. Click the Cross Symmetry Plane option, and the program will automatically connect the ends of the two sides of the symmetry plane to generate the smooth outline, The created local smooth outline will pass through the symmetry plane.Toggle on the option
329. Simultaneously edit Double Fill Use new Curve Editor to edit Double Fill control lines, and support below symmetry operation:Add PointRemove Point;Modify value in Curve Editor dialog;Move point in display region.Note: About the Curve Editor, please check section 7.5 in DF5.8 User Manual
3310. Simultaneously create and edit Side Step Support to symmetrically create and edit Side StepRe-arrange GUISupport to create Side Step on Inner BoundaryCreate on both side for symmetrical die face same timeSupport to cross Symmetry Plane to create Side Step
3410. Simultaneously create and edit symmetrical Side Step Re-arrange GUIDF5.8DF5.8.1
3510. Simultaneously create and edit symmetrical Side Step 2. Create Side Step on Inner Boundary.Clicking Add button and selecting four control points on the inner boundary, the Side Step will be created on the inner boundary
3610. Simultaneously create and edit symmetrical Side Step 3. Simultaneously create symmetrical SideSimultaneously select end point on both side.Simultaneously edit control line on both side.
3710. Simultaneously create and edit symmetrical Side Step 4. Support to cross Symmetry Plane to create Side StepWhen the Side Step is created on the Symmetry Part, the Symmetry Option dialog box will display. Click the Cross Symmetry Plane option, and the program will automatically connect the control points of the two sides of the symmetry plane to generate the control line of Side Step. The created Side Step will pass through the symmetry plane.Toggle on the option
3811. Product Replace10. Product Replace: Add a new option in Preparation File menu. Allow the user to replace the initial product(Has created die face) with the modified product. Replace the existing product by importing a new product.Note: As the initial product has created the die face, the program will automatically mesh the new product imported and define the die face type to adjust the tipping.
3911. Product Replace Product Replace for Double_Attached If the initially defined product type is Double-Attached, click Replace button, there are the Left and Right options, which allows the user to replace the Left and Right simultaneously, or only one of them.
4011. Product ReplaceAuto Mesh: As the initial product has created the die face, the program will automatically mesh the new product imported and define the die face type to adjust the tipping.Mesh Parameters: Allow user to modify the mesh parameters.
4112. Update Boundary Fill features When the user replaces the current product, or changes the part shape or part position, or edit created boundary features by other operations, the Update button will turn to red. Click this button and the program will automatically update the created boundary fill features.
42New Addendum Functions New features of DynaformNew Addendum Functionsin Dynaform 5.8.1Date: 09/22/2011
43Outline Finished items: Symmetrical Create Addendum: Outer, Inner or Corner.Symmetrical Edit Addendum Feature LineSymmetrical Edit and Delete ProfileSymmetrical Orient Profile DirectionAdd Trim Binder in AddendumNew Develop Trim Line function: Geometry and MStepQuick Link to AutoSetup
505. Add Trim Binder in Addendum Move Trim Binder from Modification to AddendumDF5.8DF5.8.1
516. New Develop Trim Line function: Geometry and MSTEP In DF5.8.1, provide Geometry method and One Step(MSTEP) method to develop trim line in Addendum. After select MSTEP, click Apply, the program will auto call MSTEP solver to develop trim lineDF5.8DF5.8.1 GeometryDF5.8.1 MSTEPNote: Now using MSTEP to develop trim line, the result is unstable. Pro. Bao is still improving it, and do not know when he will finish it.
526. New Develop Trim Line function: Geometry and MStep Use new Curve Editor to edit trim line.Curve Editor
537. Quick Link to AutoSetup The function is used to auto assign DFE Die Face to Forming Tools in AutoSetup.AddendumAutoSetupNote: Only binder has been trimmed, AutoSetup button will be activated.
547. Quick Link to AutoSetup After Forming tools have been assigned, if user edit die face in DFE, need to click DFE Assign button to re-assign tools.
55New features of Dynaform TWB and Trimming in INC Solver DF5.8.1Date: 09/20/2011
56New functions in INC Solver New functions in INC Solver include:Support Tailor Welded BlankNew Curve Editor in LanceSupport Trimming operationAssign CPU Number
57New functions in INC Solver Master InterfaceDF5.8DF5.8.1
58Tailor Welded BlankTWB Parts Display: In DF5.8.1, it will display all parts of tailor welded blank.DF5.8DF5.8.1
59Tailor Welded BlankDefine TWB : In DF5.8.1, user can add more than one parts, or create weld line to define TWB in Blank Generator.Create Weld LineResultDF5.8DF5.8.1Note: 1. The parts of TWB should be connected.2. There are some new functions of Blank Generator, please check the related new feature PPT of Blank Generator later.
60New Curve Editor in Lancing In DF5.8, after click Add button, only allow to select existed curve.In DF5.8.1, after click Add button, user can select or create curve in Curve Editor, and also can edit the curveDF5.8DF5.8.1
61Trimming operationTrimming: There are two trimming operations: Trimming and Hole.Note: 1. The trim line must be closed.2. Only allow to define one Trimming curve, not support to trim for double-attached.3. Hole direction must parallel to Z-axis, not support CAM.
62Trimming operationCreate and Edit trim curve or hole: Use ne Curve Editor to select, create and edit curve.
63Assign CPU Number Assign CPU number: Single: Run a job by using one CPU. After setting Single, the program will auto call ‘DEMS_SC.exe’.Multi: Run a job by using all free CPU. After setting Multi, the program will auto call ‘DEMS_MC.exe’.Note: New functions of Job Submitter is still developing, please check the related description later.
67LimitationNow the solver do not support to trim with more then one closed trim line at one time. The below case is a double-attached, there two closed trim lines. The trim result will be wrong.
68Limitation Hole direction must parallel to Z-axis, not support CAM.
69Mapping SolidMapping Solid: New function in Blank Operation under User Setup and Blank Generator. It is used to mapping shell element to solid.UserSetupBlank Generator
70Mapping SolidSolid Thickness: Solid Thickness is from the result the shell elementsLayers: The number of layers in the solid must be the same as the number of integration points in the shell elements.Top surface elementbottom surface elementNote: Take the shell elements as middle surface elements, according the thickness and the integration points auto create top surface elements and bottom surface elements.
71New features of Dynaform New Blank GeneratorDate: 07/05/2011
72Outline New Blank Generator include below functions: Import Blank Surface;Import Blank Outline;Provide two mesh method of Blank: Blank Mesh and Part Mesh;Add Modify Boundary Nodes in Part MeshSupport New Blank Generator in Quick Setup
73Blank Generator GUI DF5.8 Parts DF5.8.1 Parts DF5.8 Outline
741. Import Blank SurfaceImport Blank Surface: Add Import Surface button in Parts page, used to import blank surface.DF5.8DF5.8.1
751. Import Blank SurfaceClick Import surface button, Import dialog will pop up.Only surfaces will be imported, and support nine geometry format.Note: If user want to import other geometry surface, need to install CAD Translator 3.0 or NX Translator 3.0.Import Dialog
762. Import Blank OutlineImport Blank Outline: Add Import button in Parts page, used to import blank outline.The GUI also have been re-arranged, Export button has been moved under outline listNote: For the blank outline will include outer, holes and weld line, Import function just import the geometry line into Dynaform. So user need to select related lines to define outer ,hole and weld line separately.DF5.8DF5.8.1
772. Import Blank OutlineClick Import button, Import dialog will pop up.Only surfaces will be imported, and support nine geometry format.Note: If user want to import other geometry line, need to install CAD Translator 3.0 or NX Translator 3.0.Import Dialog
783. Two Mesh Methods of Blank In DF5.8.1, Provide two mesh methods: Part mesh and Blank mesh, to mesh blank surface or blank outline.User can select Mesh method under Mesh Type menu.Note: After select one type of Mesh, the button in Mesh Group will change to corresponding mesh name: Blank mesh or Part mesh.DF5.8.1 Blank Mesh MethodDF5.8.1 Part Mesh Method
793. Two Mesh Methods of Blank In DF5.8, Use Part mesh to mesh blank surface, and use Blank mesh to mesh blank outline.DF5.8 Part meshDF5.8 Blank mesh
803. Two Mesh Methods of Blank In DF5.8.1, Provide two mesh methods to mesh blank surface and blank outline.DF5.8.1 Blank MeshMesh SurfaceDF5.8.1 Part MeshMesh SurfaceDF5.8.1 Blank MeshMesh OutlineDF5.8.1 Part MeshMesh Outline
813. Two Mesh Methods of Blank Note: It has removed below un-used options of Part Mesh in Blank generator.In Original PartCheck SurfaceMesh by PartAuto RepairPart MeshIn Blank GeneratorPart MeshIn Surface Mesh
824. Modify Boundary NodesModify Boundary Nodes: Add Modify Boundary Nodes option in Part Mesh. Allow user to modify boundary nodes. It is added in both Part mesh in Blank Generator and Part mesh in Surface Mesh.Note: Toggle on Modify Boundary Nodes, click Apply, mesh node will pop up, which will be used to modify boundary nodes of surface boundary or outline.
834. Modify Boundary NodesModify Boundary Nodes: Mesh the blank according to the boundary, and allow user to add or delete control pointsInsert Nodes: Insert Nodes between boundary.Delete Nodes: Delete selected boundary nodes.Average Nodes: Generate a node at the middle position of two selected adjacent nodes.Merger Nodes: Merger two selected close nodes, not merge adjacent nodes.Re-space BDY Nodes: Re-space boundary nodes for equal distance.Suppress Nodes on Edges: Select common edge to suppress, node will not ne generated on suppress edge.
844. Modify Boundary Nodes Case 1 Mesh outlineModify Boundary Nodes resultBlank Mesh result
854. Modify Boundary Nodes Case 2 Mesh outlineModify Boundary Nodes resultBlank Mesh result
864. Modify Boundary Nodes Case 3 Mesh outlineModify Boundary Nodes resultBlank Mesh result
874. Modify Boundary Nodes Case 4 Mesh Blank SurfaceModify Boundary Nodes result
885. New Blank Generator in Quick Setup In DF5.8.1 QuickSetup and UserSetup , it supports to use New Blank Generator to generate blank.Note: For Quick Setup not support TWB, Create weld button is de-activated.
89New features of Dynaform Coil Spring Controlled Pad Force Date: 07/28/2011
90Outline Add coil spring between tools; Users can create the coil spring library for their own.
91GUI of Coil Spring The entry of coil spring After activated the Springs option, user can also edit the coil spring force in the Process tab.
92GUI of Coil Spring Name – The name of the coil spring Count – The counts of the coil springsStiffness – The stiffness of the coil springInitial force – The initial force of the coil springStroke – The stroke of the coil springNew – Create a new coil springDelete – Delete the selected coil springDelete All – Delete all of the coil springsBase – The tool which the coil springs connectedImport – Import the data of coil springsExport – Export the defined coil springs
93Force Curve Template Standard force curve of coil spring Unit: *type,coil_spring*name,S1*units,N,mm*stroke,30*stiffness,800*init_force,4000*endUnit:The basic unit is N and mm.Stroke: mmStiffness is N/mmInitial force: NUsers can create the coil spring library for their own based on the above template.
94Model with Coil Springs Spring forcepunchbinderblankdieStamping direction
95Model with Coil Springs FEA model with coil springDiscrete elementA discrete element will be created between the associated tools.The length of a discrete element is calculated based on the stroke of master tool.
96Keywords of Input Deck *ELEMENT_DISCRETE $ EID PID N N2 VID S PF OFFSET*MAT_SPRING_NONLINEAR_ELASTIC$ MID LCD LCR*SECTION_DISCRETE$ SECID DRO KD V CL FD$ CDL TDL*DEFINE_CURVE$spring$ LCID SIDR SCLA SCLO OFFA OFFO DATTYP$ A O1E E+03E E+04
97Procedures Open the demo file: Coil_spring_demo1.df Click the menu: AutoSetup -> Sheet FormingClick Tools tabClick binder from the tool listToggle on Springs option in the Association groupClick Edit to define the coil spring force
98Procedures The spring force affects on the binder. The spring force is derived from the travel of the base tool.
99Procedures Click New to add a new coil spring Key in the parameters of coil springClick OK to exit
100Problem in current solution If the initial force is not equal to zero, the result is not right.In this case, we can add rigid body stopper to avoid the bounce of the binder.
101New features of Dynaform Gas Spring Force Curve for Binder Control Date: 07/08/2011
102New features of Dynaform Gas Spring Force Curve for Binder Control Date: 07/08/2011
103OutlineFeatures:Add standard gas spring force curves for binder control in AutoSetup;User can add other standard gas spring force curves;The default template of gas spring is UX Series of DADCO product;
104Force curves template Standard force curve of gas spring *type,gas_spring*name,UX.1000*stroke,50*stroke_list,25,37.5,50,62.5,75,80,100,125,150,160,175,200*pressure,150*pressure_list,150,125,100,75,50,25,20*units,N,mm*curve,100,92300.1,95560.2,98840.3,102890.4,106750.5,110610.6,115440.7,120460.8,126050.9,13204*endStandard force curve of gas spring
117New features of Dynaform Drawbead Shape Library DF581Date: 08/12/2011
118Outline Draw bead shape library It provide a relationship between drawbead lock force percentage and geometry shape;A default config file is included: DynaformBDShape.config;The adjacent force percentage should be greater than 1;The draw bead shape library is used to switch the line bead to geometry bead;
120GUI of Draw Bead Shape Library Material typeThickness levelShape typeForce percentage
121GUI of Draw Bead Shape Library Add a new relationship between lock force percentage and shape:Shape typeRectangleRoundShape parametersMaterialThicknessForce percentage(%)Define the above parameters, and then click Apply.If there is no same item in the list, the force percentage will be added in the list.If same force percentage in the list, the program will pop up a question box. Click Yes to override, Click No to abort.
122GUI of Draw Bead Shape Library Modify the relationship between lock force percentage and shape:Only the shape parameters can be modified.Modify the shape parameters, and then click Apply.If there is no same item in the list, the force percentage will be added in the list.If same force percentage in the list, the program will pop up a question box. Click Yes to override, Click No to abort.
123GUI of Draw Bead Shape Library Delete - delete the selected bead shapeDefault - load the default shape libraryImport - import a defined drawbead shape library from a fileExport - export the current defined drawbead shape library to a fileOK - accept the operations and exitCancel - reject the operations and exit
124GUI of Draw Bead Shape Library Diagram operation:ZOOM - Press the right mouse button and move up/downMOVE - Press the middle mouse button and moveFit screen - double click the diagram area with left mouse buttonModify the parameters dynamicallyDouble click the diagram area with middle mouse button, the drag the control point or the shape edge
125GUI of Job Submitter Solver type Job list Toolbar Control parameters Command line
126Command of Submission The unit of memory is WORD in the command line. 1 word =4 byte
127New features of eta/POST VRML output of FLDDate: 06/16/2011
128Outline Output VRML file of FLD in eta/POST Output VRML file of FLD; Output single frame result of FLD;Output the elements info;The nodes info is not output.
129GUI of FLDCurrent frame in graphic area will be output
130Procedures Open a d3plot file; Click FLD icon; Select a frame of FLD; Click Export VRML File;Save the VRML file.
131View the VRML FileUser can view the VRML file with CORTONA 3D or CATIA V5 3DViewer