Presentation on theme: "108. Goal setting is an important factor in being successful. Motivating factors can be external or internal? a.True b.False."— Presentation transcript:
108. Goal setting is an important factor in being successful. Motivating factors can be external or internal? a.True b.False
109. External motivators include which of the following? a.Encouragement from others b.A promise of money or a gift c.Fear of punishment d.All of the above
110. Internal motivators include which of the following? a.A desire to achieve b.A feeling of self worth c.Pleasure of having done a good job d.All of the above
111. Sometimes we can’t count on external motivators to keep us working hard. a.True b.False
112. Examples of internal motivators…..
1. Chance to learn and grow 2. Desire to do a good job 3. High personal standards 4. Sense of accomplishment
113. Examples of external motivators…..
1.Paycheck 2.Praise from the boss 3. Chance of promotion
114. Time management is a skill that can be improved at any age? a.True b.False
115. A time management flow chart will assist you with.. a.Analyzing how you spend your time. b.How you waste your time c.What steps you can take to mange your time more effectively. d.A&C only e.All of the above
116.The definition of cultural diversity is which of the following? a.The mixing and blending of many people from different cultures. b.Accepting everybody c.Respect for others. d.All of the above.
a. The mixing and blending of many people from different cultures.
117. Behaviors directly related to a culture can include… a.Holidays b.Dress c.Belief in a superior being d.Specific foods e.C&D only f.All of the above
118. Another name for customer is….. a.Patient b.Client c.Patron d.Pain in the neck e.A,B,&C
119. An external customer is… a.People who purchase or use your products b.Includes any outside services c.People within your organization who are dependent on your work.
A.People who purchase or use your products. Example: Someone who buys pizza at your pizza shop.
120. An internal customer is…. a.A friendly individual b.People within your organization who are dependent on your work. c.Both a & c
B. People within your organization who are dependent on your work. Example: A cosmetologist.
121. Interviews can be done via …. a.Telephone b.E-mail c.Face to face d.All of the above
D.All of the above
122. Communication is always a two way process? a.True b.False
123. What skills are important to effective communication? a.Speaking b.Writing c.Reading d.Observation e.listening. f.All of the above
F. All of the above
124. Examples of barriers to listening include… a.Physical hearing problem b.Distraction c.Having more important things to do d.All of the above
125. The following statement/s can be used to convey interest. a.“I see….” b.“Uh-huh….” c.“That’s interesting.” d.“What do you mean by…” e.All of the above f.A,B &C only
F. A,B &C only
126. To become an effective listener requires a conscious effort. A. False B. True
127. Academic skills include… a.English b.Math c.Science d. All of the above
128. Stress can be … a.Physical b.Chemical c.Emotional d.All of the above
d. All of the above. These factors cause bodily or mental tension.
129. Learning to accept some stress as normal can be good for general health. a.True b.false
130. The advantages of brainstorming include… a.Prevents domination by one or two people b.It generates a lot of ideas c.It allows development of alternative solutions. d.All of the above
131. Parliamentary procedure ensures… a.Fairness to everyone b.Meetings run in an orderly manner c.Businesslike manner d.All of the above
132. An agenda is…. a.Written list of business that will take place during the meeting. b.Is another name for itinerary. c.Includes the main motion.
a. Written list of business that will take place during the meeting.
133.Spoon soup from front to back. a.True b.False
134. Hints for completing a job application include… a.Read over the entire application before completing it. b.Ask for two applications in case you make a mistake. c.Under salary write ”negotiable” unless you are absolutely certain of the wages paid for this position. d.All of the above
D. All of the above
135. A “competency” is developed through the repeated successful completion of tasks. A.True B.False
136. When something is arranged chronologically it means… a.Arranged by events of time. b.Starts with most recent first c.All of the above
A. Arranged by events of time
137. A run chart is… a.A display of data used to detect patterns over a given time period. b.Is the same as a flow chart c.A drawing or diagram that is used to compare data.
A. A display of data used to detect patterns over a given time period.