Presentation on theme: "Geometry District Assessment Review 2014. 1. Tyler connects four dots to make a shape. There are two congruent short sides and two congruent longer sides."— Presentation transcript:
Geometry District Assessment Review 2014
1. Tyler connects four dots to make a shape. There are two congruent short sides and two congruent longer sides. Which BEST describes the shape shown below? A.Trapezoid B.Rhombus C.Kite D.Decagon
2. Camille draws four shapes on her dry erase board. Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3 Figure 4 Which figure has 5 diagonals? It may be helpful for you to draw the figures on your white board or scratch paper. A. Figure 1 b.Figure 2 c.Figure 3 d.Figure 4
3. Nickole’s teacher asks her to draw an irregular octagon. If Nickole correctly draws an irregular octagon, which of the following describes what she draws? A.A shape with 8 sides, 8 vertices, and all sides congruent B.A shape with 8 sides, 10 vertices, and no sides congruent C.A shape with 10 sides, 8 vertices, and all sides congruent D.A shape with 8 sides, 8 vertices, and no sides congruent
4. Mrs. Fabulich draws a triangle on the board. If all of the angles in the triangle she draws are congruent, what type of triangle did she draw? A.Scalene B.Right C.Isosceles D.equilateral
5. Mr. Zimmerer bought Mrs. Zimmerer this pendant for her necklace. The pendant is a square as shown below. What else must be true about the pendant? A.It is not real gold B.It is an irregular shape C.It has 5 diagonals D.It has perpendicular sides
6. Jake cuts a pentagon from a piece of cloth for an art project. The pentagon is shown below. Which of the following correctly describes Jake’s pentagon? A.A regular polygon with two obtuse angles B.An irregular polygon with all acute angles C.A regular polygon with acute and obtuse angles D.An irregular polygon with acute and obtuse angles
7. Mrs. Grunder tells her class a riddle. It is a triangle It has no perpendicular sides It has only 2 acute angles. Which of the following polygons is Mrs. Grunder thinking of? A. C. B. D.
8. A parallelogram is shown below. There are no right angles in the parallelogram. What is another name for the parallelogram on the right? A. Rectangle B. Square C. Trapezoid D. Rhombus
9. A trapezoid is a quadrilateral. If one diagonal is drawn in the trapezoid, what two shapes will be formed? A. 3 triangles B. 1 rectangle, 1 trapezoid C. 2 triangles D. 1 square, 1 triangle
10. Isaiah cuts a triangle from one side of a rectangle and moves it to the other side. What new shape is formed? A. Rectangle B. Parallelogram C. Trapezoid D. triangle
11. What is a six sided polygon called? A.) decagon B.) hexagon C.) pentagon D.) octogon A polygon is a closed figure made up of line segments.
12. A lot that a house is built on is shaped like a square. The house is shaped like a pentagon. What shape can be added to the lot to make it a pentagon like the house? A. rhombus B. diamond C. triangle D. hexagon
13. A new polygon can be created from combining the following equilateral triangles: What shape can be created using all of the equilateral triangles above? A. regular nonagon B. regular pentagon C. regular decagon D. regular hexagon
14. Which of the following groups of shapes does NOT show a pair of congruent shapes? A. B. C. D.
15a. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? H A.0 B.1 C.2 D.3
15b. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? A.0 B.1 C.2 D.3
15c. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? A.5 B.1 C.2 D.4
15d. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? A.0 B.1 C.2 D.3
16. Mrs. Fabulich shows the following figures on the projector. She drew lines through the figures as shown. What best describes what she was trying to show the class? A.That they all have at least one line of symmetry B.That they are regular polygons C.That they have 4 vertices D.That they are all purple
17. Mrs. Zimmerer built this design with pattern blocks. If the yellow part of her design is divided into two congruent shapes, which shape could it be? A B C D
18. How many vertices does this shape have? a.) 4 b.) 5 c.) 6 d.) 10 Remember a vertex is the point where two sides of a polygon meet. Vertices is the plural of a vertex.