21. Tyler connects four dots to make a shape 1. Tyler connects four dots to make a shape. There are two congruent short sides and two congruent longer sides. Which BEST describes the shape shown below?TrapezoidRhombusKiteDecagon
32. Camille draws four shapes on her dry erase board. Figure Figure Figure Figure 4Which figure has 5 diagonals? It may be helpful for you to draw the figures on your white board or scratch paper.A. Figure 1Figure 2Figure 3Figure 4
43. Nickole’s teacher asks her to draw an irregular octagon 3. Nickole’s teacher asks her to draw an irregular octagon. If Nickole correctly draws an irregular octagon, which of the following describes what she draws?A shape with 8 sides, 8 vertices, and all sides congruentA shape with 8 sides, 10 vertices, and no sides congruentA shape with 10 sides, 8 vertices, and all sides congruentA shape with 8 sides, 8 vertices, and no sides congruent
54. Mrs. Fabulich draws a triangle on the board 4. Mrs. Fabulich draws a triangle on the board. If all of the angles in the triangle she draws are congruent, what type of triangle did she draw?ScaleneRightIsoscelesequilateral
65. Mr. Zimmerer bought Mrs. Zimmerer this pendant for her necklace 5. Mr. Zimmerer bought Mrs. Zimmerer this pendant for her necklace. The pendant is a square as shown below.What else must be true about the pendant?It is not real goldIt is an irregular shapeIt has 5 diagonalsIt has perpendicular sides
76. Jake cuts a pentagon from a piece of cloth for an art project 6. Jake cuts a pentagon from a piece of cloth for an art project. The pentagon is shown below.Which of the following correctly describes Jake’s pentagon?A regular polygon with two obtuse anglesAn irregular polygon with all acute anglesA regular polygon with acute and obtuse anglesAn irregular polygon with acute and obtuse angles
8It has no perpendicular sides It has only 2 acute angles. 7. Mrs. Grunder tells her class a riddle.It is a triangleIt has no perpendicular sidesIt has only 2 acute angles.Which of the following polygons is Mrs. Grunder thinking of?A C.B D.
98. A parallelogram is shown below 8. A parallelogram is shown below. There are no right angles in the parallelogram.What is another name for the parallelogram on the right?A. RectangleB. SquareC. TrapezoidD. Rhombus
109. A trapezoid is a quadrilateral. If one diagonal is drawn in the trapezoid, what two shapes will be formed?A. 3 trianglesB. 1 rectangle, 1 trapezoidC. 2 trianglesD. 1 square, 1 triangle
1110. Isaiah cuts a triangle from one side of a rectangle and moves it to the other side. What new shape is formed?A. RectangleB. ParallelogramC. TrapezoidD. triangle
1211. What is a six sided polygon called? A.) decagon B.) hexagon C.) pentagon D.) octogonA polygon is a closed figure made up of line segments.
1312. A lot that a house is built on is shaped like a square 12. A lot that a house is built on is shaped like a square. The house is shaped like a pentagon.What shape can be added to the lot to make it a pentagon like the house?A. rhombusB. diamondC. triangleD. hexagon
1413. A new polygon can be created from combining the following equilateral triangles: What shape can be created using all of the equilateral triangles above?A. regular nonagonB. regular pentagonC. regular decagonD. regular hexagon
1514. Which of the following groups of shapes does NOT show a pair of congruent shapes? B.
1615a. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? 123
1715b. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? 123
1815c. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? 24
1915d. How many Lines of Symmetry does the following shape have? 123
2016. Mrs. Fabulich shows the following figures on the projector 16. Mrs. Fabulich shows the following figures on the projector. She drew lines through the figures as shown. What best describes what she was trying to show the class?That they all have at least one line of symmetryThat they are regular polygonsThat they have 4 verticesThat they are all purple
2117. Mrs. Zimmerer built this design with pattern blocks. If the yellow part of her design is divided into two congruent shapes, which shape could it be?CADB
22a.) 4 b.) 5 c.) 6 d.) 10 18. How many vertices does this shape have? Remember a vertex is the point where two sides of a polygon meet.Vertices is the plural of a vertex.