Presentation on theme: "UNIT 2 LESSON 4 REVIEW - E & E. 1. Secondary succession… A) occurs before a disturbance. B) occurs after a disturbance and the soil does not remain intact."— Presentation transcript:
UNIT 2 LESSON 4 REVIEW - E & E
1. Secondary succession… A) occurs before a disturbance. B) occurs after a disturbance and the soil does not remain intact. C) occurs after a disturbance and the soil stays intact. D) occurs over a short period of time.
2. The types of plants that are considered as pioneer species are all except… A)Lichens B)Hardwoods C)Grasses D)Annuals
3. Which of the following is/are considered disturbances? A)Forest fire B)Flood C)Climate changes D)None
4. The intermediate stage in secondary succession includes… A)Hardwoods B)Softwoods C)Lichens D)Annuals
5. When hardwoods are scene, this is the ____________________stage in secondary succession. A)Pioneer B)Intermediate C)Climax D)Intermittent
6.The variety of organisms in a given area over a period of time is called… A)Biology B)Pioneer species C)Bioluminous D)Biodiversity
7.Ecosystems… A)constantly change in different ways over time. B)never changes once it’s established. C)never changes unless a disturbance happens. D)always changes except for the secondary succession stage.
8. Pioneer species… A)can break down rocks into soil. B)can be lichens. C)can include annuals. D) all of the above.
9.What is it called when nutrients and plants take over an aquatic ecosystem? ____________________________________ 10. What two organisms make up lichens? ___________________&_________________ 11. Fires and floods that destroy an ecosystem are called _______________________________.
12.The very first species are called _______________________species. 13.What happens to the soil depth as the ecosystem develops in secondary succession? ___________________________________ 14.What is the mature and established stage called in secondary succession? ______________