2To Prevent Nicotine Addiction Nicotine can cause an instant addiction.One puff of a cigarette/cigar/pipe/bidis can cause nicotine addiction.
32. To Protect the heart and blood vessels Nicotine increases heart rate and blood pressure.The heart has to work harder to get Oxygen to the cells because Carbon Monoxide is taking the place of Oxygen in the red blood cells.Heart attack and stroke are health risks for people who smoke.
43. To Prevent Respiratory Infections Tar, which comes from burning tobacco, coats the lungs and damages cilia making it hard to breath.Smoking also stops the body from getting Vitamin C and Vitamin C helps us fight off infection.Respiratory infections caused by the common cold are very common in smokers.**Tar Jar
54. To Prevent Cancer Carcinogens are cancer causing chemicals. People who smoke have a high risk of mouth, lung, throat and breast cancer.Lung cancer usually results in death.
65. To Prevent EmphysemaEmphysema is a disease in which air sacs in the lungs are damaged.It is hard for a person with Emphysema to walk up and down stairs or down the school hallway.HealthyLung
76. To Prevent AsthmaAsthma is a chronic condition in which breathing becomes difficult.Asthma and smoking don’t mix!!Breathing is harder when you have asthma and smoke.
87. To Prevent Chronic Bronchitis Chronic bronchitis is a condition in which mucus blocks the airway.People who have smoked for many years often develop a constant cough.**Phlegm Jar & explain COPD
98. To Have a Healthful Appearance Smoking causes bad breath, wrinkled skin, yellow teeth, & yellow fingers.Smoke causes the hair and clothes to smell.Coughing up mucus is not very attractive.
109. To Have Healthful Relationships People may not want to hang around with people who smoke.People don’t want to be exposed to secondhand smoke.Who wants to kiss a boy/girl who has bad breath or hold hands with someone with yellow fingers?
1110. To Save Money Smoking is an expensive habit!! The price of cigarettes continue to increase. (How much does a pack of cigarettes cost?)Smoking causes many health problems that are expensive to treat.Fires are caused by smoking.Clothing and furniture can be ruined from dropped ashes.