Presentation on theme: "1.What is anything that can be used by people that comes from earth? Some examples are coal, iron ore, trees and fish."— Presentation transcript:
1.What is anything that can be used by people that comes from earth? Some examples are coal, iron ore, trees and fish.
1. Natural resource 2. Where do you live if you live out in the country, rather than the city?
2. Rural 3. What is a chain of cities called? These are cities that are so large they seem to be connected, such as from Boston to Washington, D.C.
3. Megalopolis 4. What are trees called that lose their leaves? Some examples are oak, elm, maple, cottonwood and aspen.
4. Deciduous 5. What term means native animals to a place? In Wyoming an example would be antelope, coyote, jackrabbit and rattlesnake.
5. fauna 6. What means the average number of people per square mile in a place? In the Northeast this number is much higher than in Wyoming.
6. population density 7. What term has to do with farming and ranching?
7. agriculture 8. What is a natural resource that is made of dead plants and animals? Some examples are oil, coal and natural gas.
8. fossil fuel 9. What is energy generated by water called?
9. hydroelectricity 10. Where do you live if you live just outside of towns and cities?
10. suburban 11. What term involves money: how it’s made, what kind of businesses exist in a place and what products a place produces?
11. economy 12. What is a part of an ocean or lake that extends into land?
12. bay 13. What is it called when many races of people live in a certain area?
13. ethnic diversity 14. What is it called when you live in towns or cities?
14. urban 15. What is the wearing away of earth’s surface called? This is usually caused by wind or water.
15. Erosion 16. This type of resource can replace itself when used. Plants and animals are examples.
16. renewable resources 17. This term means to build something or manufacture a good, often in factories.
17. industry 18. These resources are gone forever once they are used. Some examples are fossil fuels and minerals.
18. Nonrenewable resources 19. The natural vegetation, or plants in an area. In Wyoming, this would be sagebrush, spruce and cottonwood trees.
19. flora 20-30. Match the state to its number. 22 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 21 20
20. Rhode Island 21. Delaware 22. Maine 23. Vermont 24. Maryland 25. Pennsylvania 26. New Hampshire 27. New Jersey 28. New York 29. Massachusetts 30. Connecticut 31. Quiz a partner over the short answer questions on your study guide.