Mom gave Dad gave Chromatid 1Chromatid 2 You Interphase MitosisMeiosis Asexual reproduction: identical cells Involved in Sexual reproduction: Produces genetically unique cells Results in Diploid cells Results in Haploid cells Diploid Cell – Cell that has 2 copies of each chromosome (2n). Haploid Cell – Cell that has 1 copy of each chromosome (n).
Please leave the lab in the bag. Thank you
Teacher Using whiteboards and chromosome beads. Ask questions and have 1 student draw and hold up board. Other represent with beads.
12. What process is this Meiosis
13. What is another name for asexual reproduction Mitosis
14. Draw a Diploid cell showing chromosome 1 inside it. 2n
15. Draw a Haploid cell showing chromosome 1 inside it. n
16. What is produced when an egg and a sperm combine? Zygote
17. What is meiosis called when it occurs in females? Oogonia
18. How many chromosomes does a human have?
19. Draw Meiosis using chromosome 1 and 2
20. Using only 1 chromosome, draw a picture of a Karyotype for a diploid cell.