Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Ch.11 The Solar System Section 2 The Inner Planets By: Jon’Carlos Duford And Dr. Daniel R. Carmona.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Ch.11 The Solar System Section 2 The Inner Planets By: Jon’Carlos Duford And Dr. Daniel R. Carmona."— Presentation transcript:

1 Ch.11 The Solar System Section 2 The Inner Planets By: Jon’Carlos Duford And Dr. Daniel R. Carmona

2 Mercury Mercury is the closest planet to the sun. Mercury is the closest planet to the sun. The first American space mission to mercury was in 1974 – 1975 by Mariner 10. The Mariner photographed only 45 percent of the planet so the scientist don’t know what the other 55 percent looks like. The first American space mission to mercury was in 1974 – 1975 by Mariner 10. The Mariner photographed only 45 percent of the planet so the scientist don’t know what the other 55 percent looks like. Mercury has a low gravitational pull and a high daytime temperatures most of the gases that could have formed there escapes into space and it can’t form a atmosphere Mercury has a low gravitational pull and a high daytime temperatures most of the gases that could have formed there escapes into space and it can’t form a atmosphere

3 Venus Venus is the second planet from the sun. Venus is the second planet from the sun. In the year 1962 Mariner 2 flew past Venus and had sent back some info about the planets atmosphere. In the year 1962 Mariner 2 flew past Venus and had sent back some info about the planets atmosphere. Clouds on Venus are so dense that only a small percentage of sunlight can get through Clouds on Venus are so dense that only a small percentage of sunlight can get through Due to a greenhouse effect the temperature on the surface is between 450c and 475c Due to a greenhouse effect the temperature on the surface is between 450c and 475c

4 Earth Earth is the third planet from the sun. Earth is the third planet from the sun. Unlike other planets, Earth has abundant liquid water and supports a complex ecosystem. Unlike other planets, Earth has abundant liquid water and supports a complex ecosystem. Earth is also the only planet that has the ability to sustain life on it. Earth is also the only planet that has the ability to sustain life on it. Plus Earth’s atmosphere causes most meteors to burn up before it hits the surface, and its ozone layer protects life from the Sun’s radiation. Plus Earth’s atmosphere causes most meteors to burn up before it hits the surface, and its ozone layer protects life from the Sun’s radiation.

5 Mars Mars is often called the red planet due to the rust on its surface Mars is often called the red planet due to the rust on its surface Mars has two moons called Phobos and Deimos Mars has two moons called Phobos and Deimos In 2002 Mars Odyssey began orbiting Mars. It was searching for any sings of water. It had found ice in the polar regions In 2002 Mars Odyssey began orbiting Mars. It was searching for any sings of water. It had found ice in the polar regions Mars atmosphere is mostly made of Carbon dioxide and some nitrogen. Mars atmosphere is mostly made of Carbon dioxide and some nitrogen.

6 Test Questions 1. Why can’t Mercury have an atmosphere? 1. Why can’t Mercury have an atmosphere? 2. How is Earth able to sustain life? 2. How is Earth able to sustain life? 3. How many moons does Mars have and what are there names? 3. How many moons does Mars have and what are there names? 4. What is the temperature on Venus get to? 4. What is the temperature on Venus get to?

7 Test Question Answers 1. Mercury has a low gravitational pull and a high daytime temperatures. 1. Mercury has a low gravitational pull and a high daytime temperatures. 2. Its ozone layer protects life from the Sun’s radiation and Earth has abundant liquid water and supports a complex ecosystem. 2. Its ozone layer protects life from the Sun’s radiation and Earth has abundant liquid water and supports a complex ecosystem. 3. Two and there names are Phobos and Deimos. 3. Two and there names are Phobos and Deimos. 4. Between 450c and 475c. 4. Between 450c and 475c.

8 That is all


Download ppt "Ch.11 The Solar System Section 2 The Inner Planets By: Jon’Carlos Duford And Dr. Daniel R. Carmona."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google