Presentation on theme: "1. The Question Essential Question: What was World War II about? Unit Question: What are the affects of war? Content Question : What events and political."— Presentation transcript:
1. The Question Essential Question: What was World War II about? Unit Question: What are the affects of war? Content Question : What events and political decisions led to the U.S. involvement in World War II?
2.Information Sources What events and political decisions led to the U.S. involvement in World War II? The war resulted from the rise of dictators, in other countries, who were able to take power because the world had become destabilized by World War II, and by economic depression. Eventually the war affected the lives of people around the globe.
3. Information Sources Websites: (click on timeline and overview)
4. Procedures High Yield Strategies: Reinforcing Effort/Recognition Identifications Bloom’s Taxonomy: Application-making use of knowledge
5. Student Activity Students will use World War II vocabulary terms and names, prior to U. S. involvement, when constructing a Wordle. Students will recall events and political decisions that led to the U.S. involvement in World War II. Students will document these events, names and titles, according to importance, in a Wordle.
6. The Assessment Activity Students will create a Wordle about the events that led to the U.S. involvement in World War II. Students will display the results of their Wordle, in a small group setting, and explain their designated words/events of importance when examining the events and politica l decisions that led the U.S. into World War II.
7. Enrichment Activities Internet sites: (searching for events and political decisions) of WWII.htm Differentiated Instruction: Students who are challenged, when creating the Wordle, will receive extra assistance and support to complete the activity.
8. Teacher Support Student Learning Expectations: H Examine the events and political decisions that led to the U. S. involvement in World War II: Fascism, Nazism, Treaty of Versailles, Great Depression. OV Create visual aids that convey information. W Use available technology for sharing and/or publication. R Use text information to draw conclusions and make inferences.