Presentation on theme: "Unit The jumper is too thick 5. New words and expressions: 1. another a. (1) one more Do you want another apple? ( ) (2) some other I saw another coat."— Presentation transcript:
Unit The jumper is too thick 5
New words and expressions: 1. another a. (1) one more Do you want another apple? ( ) (2) some other I saw another coat that I liked better than the first.( ) another pron. one more When you have read that book, I have another I think youll like.( )
2. fit v. (fitted /fit ) (1) to be right,or proper for The part of the thief in the play does not fit me. Does the jumper fit you? (2) to be the right size or shape for That coat fits you well. The shirt didnt fit me last year. fit a. be ) be fit for sth. / be fit to do sth. I dont think she is really fit for the job. She is not fit to look after the small children.
3. try v. (tried ) (1) to make an effort to do sth. try to do sth. / try not to do sth. Try to get there on time He tried hard not to laugh,but he couldnt. Try to get there on time. try ones best /do ones best Ill try my best to study English.= Ill do my best to study English.
(2) try sth. on …… Would you try this shirt on? try n. have a try Let me have a try. She didnt break the record,but it was a good try.
4. change v. (changed) (1) to make or become different I changed my mind about going to the film. (2) to replace with another or others Can you change your seat? We went home and changed our wet clothes. change…into…=turn…into… …… …... Can you change air into water?
5. pick v. (picked) (1) to choose Pick a card from the bookstore. (2) to gather with the fingers We picked some flowers. pick …up… Pick it up, plese. He picked the book up. = He picked up the book.
6. size n. Your room is the same size as mine. What size shoe do you wear? I take a size 8 shoe. the right size can wear this jumper. Its the right size.
7. price n. hat is the price of that radio? What price did you pay for the house? Eggs are selling at a high price. Houses prices are going up. at a high price / at a low price priceless adj.
8. lift v. ( lifted ) to raise, pick up Can you lift this heavy box? No, I cannot. It is too heavy. The good news lifted my spirits. He is too weak to lift his hand.= He is so weak that he cant lift his hand.
9. belt n. People wear belts around the waist to told up clothing. 10. school uniform pyjamas sleeve jumper
Here s a pretty jumper, Anne. The jumper is too thick.
I like this blue one.
Does it fit you? Try it on. I can t wear it, the sleeves are too long. Can I change to another one?
Can I have this one? No.It s too expensive.
Ask and answer: 1.Who wanted a new jumper? 2.Who did she go to the shop with? 3.Which jumper was too thick? 4.What color was the second jumper? Anne did. Her mother. The red jumper was. The green one.
Ask and answer: 7.Which jumper was too expensive? 5.Which jumper had long sleeves? 6.Which jumper was the right size? The green one. The blue one. The green one.
Points and difficulty ? Can I help you? Does it fit you? What color do you like? What s your size? Do you like this one? Try it (them) on. This one is too large. Can I change to another one? Can I buy this pair of jeans? I ll take it. It s the right size.
Fill in the blanks: 1.Peter ______ ( ) go to school today. He _________ ( ) in bed. 2.The jacket is __________ ( ). I _____ ( ) wear it now. 3.Does your new shirt _________ ( )? 4.Here is a new jumper for you. Can you ___________ ( )? 5._____ ( ) have this model plane,daddy? 6. The shoes are _________________ ( ) for me.I_____ ( ) wear them.
Buyer: Is this pink too bright for me? Salesgirl: It is a very bright pink.Try this. It s size eight. Buyer: But I wear size ten. Salesgirl: How about green? It s size ten. Buyer: Let me try it on. Buyer: I m taking too much of your time. Salesgirl: It s six o clock. Where s my husband? I was expecting him here at five forty-five. Buyer: Don t worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour. (In a shop)
Salesgirl: I know. But we re going to be late for dinner. Buyer: I ll take this green sweater. I like the color on me, don t you? Salesgirl: I think it looks terrific on you.
What size does she wear? What color does she like? She wears size ten. She likes green. Answer the questions: What time is it?It s six o clock.