Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

On-Demand Architecture for Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Large Data Centres Small & Medium Data Centres Computer Rooms & Closets David Blumanis.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "On-Demand Architecture for Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Large Data Centres Small & Medium Data Centres Computer Rooms & Closets David Blumanis."— Presentation transcript:

1 On-Demand Architecture for Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Large Data Centres Small & Medium Data Centres Computer Rooms & Closets David Blumanis APC, Data Centre Consultant, Asia Pacific

2 Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure (NCPI) Essential foundation of reliability

3 You have a large NCPI investment Cooling Equipment: 6% Power Equipment: 17% Racks: 3% Engineering & Installation: 19% Space: 17% Electricity: 27% Service: 13% Typical 10 yr lifecycle TCO from $80K to $140K per rack Source: APC White Paper #6

4 Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Challenges Rapid changes in IT technology High density High operating/service costs Increasing availability expectations Server consolidation Regulatory requirements In response, APC is changing the way the world designs, installs, operates, manages and maintains Network- Critical Physical Infrastructure (NCPI)

5 The Business Value Equation for Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Availability Agility TCO Value x = What are the barriers to improving value by 10x?

6 10 X Availability Agility TCO Value x = Equipment Reliability Mean-Time-To-Recover Human Error Your entitlement: Reduce downtime by 90% 80% less 50% less

7 Case Study of Downtime Failures Consistent with Surveys which attribute 60% or more of failures to Human Error

8 Standardisation enables improved availability Modularise Pre-test systems in the factory Hot swappable Pre-Integrate Power- Cooling-Rack Management & diagnostics One-Time Engineering Unique training requirements On-site assembly On-site testing Custom programming StandardiseTo Eliminate Standardisation accelerates learning at all levels, reducing human error and increasing availability

9 Availability TCO Value x = Speed of Deployment Ability to Scale Ability to Reconfigure Your entitlement: As much as 10 x the agility 100% easier 80% less time 100% easier 10 X Agility

10 Data Centre traditional design

11 The Design Concept is built on standardised parts that can be scaled to meet the need? Construction Design incorporates a “Lego Block” approach of pre-engineered components? Construction is mainly done in a factory instead of on-site? Commissioning tests pre-integrated infrastructure systems. What if……

12 20% less Availability Agility TCO Value x = Capital Cost Electricity Costs Service Costs Your entitlement: As much 20% overall NCPI TCO 10% less 30% less

13 Waste due to oversizing Reference: APC White paper #37

14 The Business Value Equation for Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Availability Agility TCO Value x =

15 Brayton International “ InfraStruXure™ gives control of the power to the IT professional. I can allocate the power the way I want to, without calling in an electrician.” INDUSTRY Manufacturing APPLICATION New data centre REQUIREMENT Adaptability and control Markus M. Hill, Director, Technology & Information Services High Point, NCUnited States

16 Olympus Corporation “ Above all we wanted to avoid having to spend a fortune on initial costs before the server room was even filled.” Masashi Asano Assistant Manager Information Systems Department Tokyo, Japan INDUSTRY Technology APPLICATION New server room REQUIREMENT Scalability

17 ADCS Inc INDUSTRY Finance APPLICATION New data center REQUIREMENT Higher availability with lower total cost of ownership Cliff Rittel Director of IT Poway, CA United States “ With InfraStruXure™, the total cost of ownership was much lower. This was the deciding factor.”

18 Avon Old Farms School “ With only two systems people to support the entire campus, it’s an immense help to have such an easy-to-manage solution as InfraStruXure™.” Deb Case Director of Information Technology Avon, CT INDUSTRY Education APPLICATION New data Centre REQUIREMENT Ability to manage with limited personnel

19 Just Some Australian Customers Telstra Toyota Woolworths Lend Lease Tenix Defense Commonwealth Bank General Motors Holden


Download ppt "On-Demand Architecture for Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure Large Data Centres Small & Medium Data Centres Computer Rooms & Closets David Blumanis."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google