Presentation on theme: "Lots of fun! Win valuable prizes!"— Presentation transcript:
1Lots of fun! Win valuable prizes! The light & color gameLots of fun!Win valuable prizes!
21. The main difference between a radio wave and a light wave is its wavelength.speed.Both A and BNone of the above
32. Light does not pass through what kind of materials? OpaqueTransparentNeither a nor b
43. Which type of electromagnetic waves has slightly shorter wavelengths than violet light? yellow lightinfrared lightultraviolet lightgreen light
54. Which type of electromagnetic waves has the lowest frequency? InfraredMicrowavesRadio wavesGamma raysUltraviolet
65. Light shines on a pane of red glass and a pane of clear glass 5. Light shines on a pane of red glass and a pane of clear glass. The temperature will be higher inthe clear glass.the red glass.neither; it will be the same in each.
76. If the sun were to disappear right now, we wouldn't know about it for 8 minutes because it takes 8 minutesfor the sun to disappear.to operate receiving equipment in the dark.for light to travel from the sun to Earth.all of the abovenone of the above
87. The primary purpose of polarized sunglasses is to look cool.to block glare from reflections.to block ultraviolet rays.to block infrared rays.
98. Solar eclipses are seen less commonly than lunar eclipses because the sun is so much larger than the moon.the sun is farther from Earth than is the moon.solar eclipses don't happen as often as lunar eclipses.Earth's shadow on the moon is larger than the moon's shadow on Earth.none of the above
109. If two polarizing filters are held with their polarization axes at right angles to each other, the amount of light transmitted compared to when their axes are parallel isthe same.twice as much.zero.half as much.
1110. Perception of depth is given by the constructive interference of light in front of the eyes.the destructive interference of light in front of the eyes.the polarization of light by the eye-brain system.the combination of right-eye and left-eye views in the eye-brain system.
1211. An orange looks orange because it absorbs orange light and reflects other colors.reflects blue and yellow light only.absorbs blue and yellow light only.reflects orange light and absorbs other colors.
1312. Colors seen on TV result from color addition.subtraction.none of the above
1413. The three primary colors of light addition are red, yellow, and green.red, yellow, and blue.red, green, and blue.yellow, green, and blue.yellow, cyan, and red.
1514. The three ink colors that are useful for color subtraction are red, green, and blue.magenta, cyan, and red.red, blue, and yellow.magenta, cyan, and yellow.magenta, green, and yellow.
1615. When red and green light shine on a white sheet, the resulting color is magenta.cyan.yellow.green.blue.
1716. The shadow produced by an object held close to a piece of paper in sunlight will be fuzzy.sharp.
1817. A sheet of red paper will look black when illuminated with cyan light.magenta light.red light.none of the above
1918. The reason the sky is blue is that air molecules absorb yellow light.are blue.reflect blue light.absorb green light.absorb and then reemit blue light, scattering it in all directions.
2019. Sunsets are red because the longest path of sunlight through the atmosphere is at sunset or sunrise.blue light from the sun is scattered by Earth's atmosphere.a lot of high-frequency light is scattered by the atmosphere.all of the abovenone of the above
2120. The cyan color of ocean water is evidence that the water absorbs orange.blue.yellow.green.red.
2221. How is the pitch of sound similar to the color of light?
23Answer:Pitch and color are both based on frequency. A low-pitched sound has a lower frequency than a high-pitched sound. Red light has a lower frequency than blue light.