We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byTre Dunnaway
Modified over 2 years ago
Level D Unit 5 Quiz: Friday, January 17, 2014 Test: Friday, January 24, 2014
1. Accomplice - Noun O A person who takes part in a crime O Syn: partner in crime, confederate O Ant: NA
2. annihilate - Verb O To destroy completely O Syn: obliterate, demolish O Ant: foster, promote, encourage, nurture
3. Arbitrary - Adj O Unreasonable; based on one’s wishes or whims without regard for reason or fairness O Syn: high-handed O Ant: reasoned, rational, objective, equitable
4. Brazen - Adjective O Shameless, impudent; made of brass O Syn: saucy, bold O Ant: respectful, self-serving
5. catalyst - Noun O A substance that causes or hastens a chemical reaction; any agent that causes changes O Syn: stimulus, spur, instigator O Ant: NA
6. exodus - Noun O A large-scale departure or flight O Syn: emigration, escape O Ant: immigration, influx, arrival, entrance
7. facilitate - Verb O To make easier; to assist O Syn: ease, smooth the way, simplify O Ant: hamper, hinder, obstruct
8. Incorrigible - Adj O Not able to be corrected; beyond control O Syn: unruly, incurable O Ant: docile, curable
9. latent - Adj O Hidden, present but not realized O Syn: dormant, inactive, undeveloped O Ant: exposed, manifest, evident
10. militant O Adj: given to fighting; active and aggressive in support of a cause O Syn: assertive O Ant: unassertive, passive O Noun: an activist O Syn: NA O Ant: NA
11. morose - Adj O Having a gloomy or sullen manner; not friendly or sociable O Syn: morbid, doleful O Ant: cheerful, jaunty
12. Opaque - Adj O Not letting light through; not clear or lucid; dense, stupid O Syn: hazy, cloudy, foggy, dull O Ant: transparent, clear, bright, perceptive
13. Paramount - Adj O Chief in importance, above all others O Syn: supreme, foremost, primary, dominant O Ant: secondary, subordinate
14. prattle Verb Noun O To talk in an aimless, foolish, or simple way; to babble O Syn: chatter O Ant: NA O Baby talk; babble O Syn: gibberish O Ant: NA
15. rebut - Verb O To offer arguments or evidence that contradicts an assertion; to refute O Syn: disprove, shoot holes in O Ant: confirm, corroborate, substantiate
16. reprimand verb noun O To scold, find fault with O Syn: reprove, reproach O Ant: praise, pat on the back O A rebuke O Syn: reproof O Ant: pat on the back
17. Servitude - Noun O Slavery, forced labor O Syn: captivity, bondage O Ant: freedom, liberty
18. Slapdash - Adj O Careless and hasty O Syn: cursory, sloppy, slipshod O Ant: painstaking, thorough, in-depth
19. Stagnant - Adj O Not running or flowing; foul from standing still; inactive, sluggish, dull O Syn: still, motionless, inert O Ant: flowing, running, fresh, sweet
20. Succumb - V O To give way to superior force, yield O Syn: submit, die, dessert O Ant: overcome, master, conquer
Accomplice The driver of the getaway car was arrested and tried as an accomplice in the daring bank robbery.
Quiz: Friday, February 7, 2014 Test: Friday, February 14, 2014.
Group 8A Allege: (v) to assert without proof or confirmation Ex: allege mob connection Arrant: (adj) thoroughgoing, out-and out; shameless, blatant Ex:
Bellwork 1. If you roll a die, what is the probability that you roll a 2 or an odd number? P(2 or odd) 2. Is this an example of mutually exclusive, overlapping,
Addition 1’s to
1 Ramutkowski Booth Pugh Thompson Whicker Copyright © The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Permission required for reproduction or display. Medical Assisting.
The Year 5/6 Science Quiz Part Two. Section 1 The Human Body.
The mission of law enforcement while protecting a democratic society: To fight crime To serve and protect To promote public safety To enforce.
Every business should be able to provide employees access to a range of quality voluntary supplemental insurance benefits from a company they trust. Working.
1 The BA as a Leader This event is sponsored by: Presented by Dr. Dirk le Roux 25 June 2009.
Coaching: Tapping Into Your Employees Potential. 2 Objectives After this workshop you will be able to: Set the groundwork for productive coaching sessions.
©2009 The McGraw-Hill Companies, All Rights Reserved McGraw-Hill/Irwin ©2009 The McGraw-Hill Companies, All Rights Reserved ©2009 The McGraw-Hill Companies,
1 Critical Reading Prof. Dr. Khalid Mahmood Department of Library & Information Science University of the Punjab.
® IBM Software Group © 2006 IBM Corporation Writing Good Use Cases Module 2: Finding Actors and Use Cases.
Managing Conflict and Change Change should be a friend. It should happen by plan, not by accident. Phil Crosby, quality advocate, author, and founder,
What Do I Believe About The Use of Freedom in Christ, Why, And So What? Galatians Chapter 5 Page 1815.
Vocabulary Unit A Earth Science Howard Middle School.
Section 2.3 Expressing Your Emotions Slide 1 of 21 Objectives Identify four primary emotions and three learned emotions. Explain why it is important to.
You have been given a mission and a code. Use the code to complete the mission and you will save the world from obliteration…
2013 Wardens Conference Pasco, Washington The Skills of Being a Brother VWB Lance Otis.
Addition Facts = = =
Language and Grammar Grammar – rules used to organise and describe language Syntax - the way sentences are structured Parts of speech: Nouns – people,
DRNI – Intra-DAS Link Version 01 Stephen Haddock July 20,
1 Chapter 2 Matter and Change. 2 What is Matter? Matter is anything that takes up space and has mass. Matter is anything that takes up space and has mass.
2014 CFC-O Campaign Representative Computer Based Training.
Promote Innovation BSBINN301A – Promote innovation in a team environment Additional notes for Contribute to workplace Improvements With Sue Cameron.
F L E S H I NG O U T Y O U R FAITH A STUDY IN HEBREWS Participating In A Faith Community 13:1-8,
Return to Menu Return to Menu Do you know... Lets learn...
Dr Mona Shroff EmOC Advan c ed Trainer Delivering Effective Lectures 1 Dr Mona Shroff
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.