Presentation on theme: "Lots of fun! Win valuable prizes. 1. Which has more momentum, a truck moving at 25 meters per second or an identical truck moving at 30 meters per second?"— Presentation transcript:
Lots of fun! Win valuable prizes
1. Which has more momentum, a truck moving at 25 meters per second or an identical truck moving at 30 meters per second? A. Both have the same momentum. B. The truck moving at 25 m/s C. The truck moving at 30 m/s
2. The reason padded dashboards are used in cars is that they A. decrease the momentum of a collision. B. increase the time of impact in a collision. C. look nice and feel good. D. decrease the impulse in a collision. E. increase the force of impact in a collision.
3. Superman is at rest in space when he throws an asteroid that has more mass than he does. After he lets go, which moves faster, Superman or the asteroid? A. The asteroid B. They both move at the same speed. C. Superman
4. A boat with a mass of 1200 kg is moving with a velocity of 10 m/s. What is the boat’s momentum?
5. The momentum of an object is defined as the object's A. force times the time interval. B. velocity times the time interval. C. force times its acceleration. D. mass times its velocity. E. mass times it acceleration.
6. The momentum change of an object is equal to the A. impulse acting on it. B. object's mass times the force acting on it. C. force acting on it times its velocity. D. force acting on it. E. velocity change of the object.
7. A car with a mass of 1200 kg is traveling at 15 m/s. If the brakes provide a stopping force of 3000 N, how long does it take to stop?
8. A collision is considered elastic if A. after the collision, the objects have the same shape as before the collision. B. the objects that collide don't get warmer. C. the objects don’t stick together. D. there is no lasting deformation. E. all of the above
9. A cannonball shot from a long-barrel cannon travels faster than one shot from a short-barrel cannon because the cannonball receives a greater A. impulse. B. force. C. neither A nor B D. both A and B
10. What is the impulse does a safety net exert on a falling acrobat if 200 N of force are used to stop the acrobat over 2.5 s?