211. A chemical formula includes the symbols of the elements in the compound and subscripts that indicateA. atomic mass of each element.B. number of atoms or ions of each element that are combined in the compound.C. formula mass.D. charges on the elements or ions.
32. How many atoms of fluorine are present in a molecule of carbon tetrafluoride, CF4?
42 1. What is the formula for aluminum sulfate? a. AlSO4 b. Al2SO4 c. Al2(SO4)3d. Al(SO4)3
52. Name the compound Ni(ClO3)2. a. nickel(II) chlorate c 2. Name the compound Ni(ClO3)2. a. nickel(II) chlorate c. nickel(II) chlorite b. nickel(II) chloride d. nickel(II) peroxide
63 1. Name the compound SO3. a. sulfur trioxide b. silver trioxide c. selenium trioxided. sodium trioxide
72. What is the oxidation number of oxygen in most compounds?
84 1. What is the oxidation number of a pure element? a. –1 b. 0 c. +1
92. What is the oxidation number of sulfur in SO2? C. +2D. +4
105 1. What is the formula mass of ethyl alcohol, C2H5OH? A. 30.33 amu B amuC amuD amu
112. The empirical formula is always the accepted formula for a(n) A. atom.B. molecule.C. molecular compound.D. ionic compound.
12Answers & Standards 1.1 b sc1d 1.2 c sc1d 2.1 c sc1d 2.2 a sc1d 4.2 d sc2c5.1 d sc2c5.2 d sc2c