Presentation on theme: "Chemistry Daily 10’s Week 16. 1 1. Acids react with a. bases to produce salts and water. b. salts to produce bases and water. c. water to produce bases."— Presentation transcript:
Chemistry Daily 10’s Week 16
1 1. Acids react with a. bases to produce salts and water. b. salts to produce bases and water. c. water to produce bases and salts. d. neither bases, salts, nor water.
2. A binary acid contains a. two hydrogen atoms. b. hydrogen and one other element. c. hydrogen and two other elements. d. hydrogen and three other elements.
2 1. Compared with acids that have the suffix -ic, acids that have the suffix -ous contain a. more hydrogen. b. more oxygen. c. less oxygen. d. the same amount of oxygen.
2. A substance that ionizes nearly completely in aqueous solutions and produces H 3 O + is a a. weak base. b. strong base. c. weak acid. d. strong acid.
3 1. In the equation HCl(g) + H 2 O(l) H 3 O + (aq) + Cl – (aq), which species is a Brønsted-Lowry acid? a. HCl b. H 2 O c. Cl – d. None of the above
2. A Lewis base is a(n) a. producer of OH – ions. b. proton acceptor. c. electron-pair donor. d. electron-pair acceptor.
4 1. In the reaction represented by the equation Ag + (aq) + 2NH 3 (aq) [Ag(NH 3 ) 2 ] + (aq), Ag + is a a. Brønsted-Lowry acid. b. Lewis acid. c. Brønsted-Lowry base. d. Arrhenius base.
2. In the reaction represented by the equation, a conjugate acid-base pair is a. F – and H 2 O. b. HF and F –. c. H 3 O + and HF. d. HF and H 2 O.
5 1. An amphoteric species is one that reacts as a(n) a. acid only. b. base only. c. acid or base. d. None of the above
2. Which of the following is amphoteric? a. H 3 PO 4 b. H + c. d.