We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDaniella Layer
Modified over 2 years ago
Quiz Electromagnetic spectrum
Using the quiz … Click through the quiz to see the questions and answers. Remember it is MUCH better to try to think of the answer, rather than just clicking to read it.
1. What two properties are common to all types of electromagnetic radiation? They travel at the speed of light and they can travel across a vacuum Answer Next question
2. Which type of electromagnetic radiation has the longest wavelength ? Radio Answer Next question
3. Name the two examples of ionising radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum Gamma and X-rays ( very high frequency UV may also be ionising) Answer Next question
4. Name the three examples in the electromagnetic spectrum which are known to cause cancer gamma X rays ultra violet Answer Next question
5. Which type of electromagnetic radiation is used for satellite communication ? microwaves ( these pass through the atmosphere, unlike radio waves ) Answer Next question
6. What is the correct name for heat radiation ? Infra red Answer Next question
7. Which type of radiation can cause a sun tan or skin cancer ? Ultra violet Answer Next question
8. Which type of electromagnetic radiation is a type of radioactivity ? Gamma Answer Next question
9. Why is sound not part of the electromagnetic spectrum ? it does not travel at the speed of light and it cannot pass through a vacuum Answer Next question
10. Which type of electromagnetic radiation is absorbed by water ? Microwaves – this is why they are useful for cooking Answer Next question
11. When electromagnetic radiation is absorbed, what type of energy is produced ? It becomes heat (thermal) energy Answer Next question
12. Which is the only type of electromagnetic radiation which is harmless ? Radio (even light can damage the retina) Answer Next slide
That was the last question. I hope you got all the answers correct ! Try againExit quiz
The Electromagnetic Spectrum It’s more than just the rainbow.
Ch. 17 ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM Electromagnetic waves Are made of changing electric and magnetic fields EM waves DO NOT need a medium to travel
The Electromagnetic Spectrum. The name given to a group of energy waves that are mostly invisible and can travel through empty space Shorter waves have.
Electromagnetic Spectrum. The colors we see only represent a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum The colors we see only represent a small portion.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A VIOLET OR RED LASER ARE SHONE AT A LUMINOUS SIGN?
Section 2: Waves of the Electromagnetic Spectrum Objectives: list and compare different types of electromagnetic waves describe how the electromagnetic.
Look out answers to Page 21, Q. 24, 26, 28 and 30.
Starter. The Electromagnetic Spectrum Learning Objectives I must be able to state that all electromagnetic waves are transverse. I should be able to.
1.All electromagnetic waves travel at the same speed through space (the speed of light) 2.Gamma rays, X-rays, Ultra-violet waves, Light, Infra-red rays,
Visible light and the electromagnetic spectrum. we can’t see all types of light! Visible light is a very small part of a large range of radiations. It.
Electromagnetic Waves. EM waves – waves that DO NOT need a medium to travel through, they can travel through a vacuum (empty space) Examples of EM.
The Universe and Electromagnetic Spectrum State Objectives 2e. and 4.f.
Title: Physics Assignment: WAVES (P3)
Core Physics – Energy L/O :- To Know the order of the electromagnetic waves within the spectrum “Does light have a family?” Exam Date -
A QUICK REVIEW COMMON MISSED PROBLEMS ON THE QUIZ.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.