Presentation on theme: "Children, Young People & Families forum 4 July 2013 Phil Mawhinney Community Action Southwark."— Presentation transcript:
Children, Young People & Families forum 4 July 2013 Phil Mawhinney Community Action Southwark
1)Personalisation agenda 1. News & updates Personalisation of children’s services by Sept 2014 Children with SEN or disabilities 14 May event between VCS + council, 40 orgs o Develop a programme of transition support o Innovation Fund (Aug/Sept) 2)Approved Providers List (APL) List of pre-vetted organisations wanting to bid for contracts. Eliminates continually submitting PQQs + documentation Fri 2 Aug deadline
3) Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Helps employers makes safer recruitment decisions. Replaces CRB checks. New website – the Update Service. Allows individuals to reuse DBS certificates applying for other jobs. NAVCA briefing https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service 4) Troubled Families programme extended Gov. announced additional £200m for 2015/16 (was due to end 14/15). Extending number of families to 400,000, up from 120,000.
2. Children & Young People’s Plan Fiona Russell Principle Strategy Officer, Children’s Services, Southwark council How can VCS contribute to the Plan? Impact on VCS of new Plan, e.g. different priorities, funding opportunities?
3. Update on safeguarding children Ann Flynn Development Manager Safeguarding Children Board Southwark council
4. VCS Reps Opportunity to bring to the council via Reps – issues, concerns ideas, best practice Children, young people & families Reps Natalia Sali (Contact A Family) Children & Families Trust Carolyn Martin (Family Action) Corporate Parenting Committee, Safeguarding Children Board (tbc) Florence Emakpose (World of Hope) Safeguarding – Child Sexual Exploitation subgroup Hazel Saunders (Faces in Focus) Family Focus Plus (Troubled Families) Gordon McCullough (CAS) Health & Wellbeing Board, Safeguarding Children Executive Board Phil Mawhinney (CAS) Safeguarding Children Board, ProActive Southwark (sports + physical activity) Ian Redding (Peckham Voluntary Sector Forum) Safer Southwark Partnership
4. Policy ‘Dispatches’
4. VCS Reps Guide questions 1.How will X policy development impact your service users? Risks or opportunities? 2.What does the council/NHS need to prioritise to support your service users? 3.Are there unmet needs? Are there gaps in available services? 4.Do you need any specific support from the council, e.g. training?
5. Project showcase: Parents as Partners Elizabeth Mawle Parents as Partners Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR)
EventDateTime Criminal Justice ‘Summit’Tues 9 July10 – 1pm Understanding Leases: A commercial lease overviewWed 10 July10 – 1pm Master Class: telling your organisation’s storyFri 12 July10 – 1pm Landlord and Tenants Rights and ObligationsWed 17 July10 – 1pm Trustee Induction Sessions: Southwark & its voluntary and community sector Sat 20 July10 – 1pm Premises Working GroupMon 29 July 2 – 4pm
Phil Mawhinney Policy & Participation Officer Community Action Southwark Contact