We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJeff Gear
Modified over 2 years ago
1) Who made the initial discovery of penicillin? ALEXANDER FLEMING
2) How did CHANCE help him make his discovery? By chance he had not washed up some dishes he had been experimenting on
3) What did he notice about the mould growing in his dishes? The mould killed all the germs around it (the mould was called penicillin)
4) What were the limitations of his work with penicillin? He did not make penicillin into a pure drug
5) Which two men developed his ideas further, and what did they succeed in doing? HOWARD FLOREY & ERNST CHAIN They made it into a pure drug which worked successfully on humans!
6) What happened in 1939 which made it much more important to produce a pure form of penicillin? 1939 = start of Second World War
7) What did they not have enough money to do? Florey & Chain could not afford to mass produce the drug
8) Why were British factories not able to develop penicillin? They were too busy making bombs and guns to keep the British army going
9) Where was penicillin made instead? USA!
10) What had happened by 1944? Enough penicillin was being made to supply all the Allied forces!
The Fight Against Infectious Disease By Mr DayDownloaded from SchoolHistory.co.uk.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
People may take medicine when they are ill. However, if they don’t take the right medicine in the right way, they may not get better. Instead they may.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
First Grade Sight Words a in I and is it for.
Help me out. who is he even before we go but come again.
High-Frequency Phrases First 100 Words. The people.
Lets build fluency! The people By the water You and I.
Lap 1. the to and he a I you it of in Lap 2.
Dolch Words the of and to a in that is was.
List 1 Sight Words the to and he a I you it.
Oral Reading Fluency First 100 Most Used Phrases.
The United Nations Main Aims: Tolerance and friendship among all nation, racial or religious groups. Maintenance of peace.
Frequency Words. a about after again all always.
List 1. the List 1 to List 1 and List 1 he List 1.
How Did the Second World War Start? A presentation by Miss Hayton.
GANDHI Mohandas Gandhi, often called the Mahatma or “Great Soul” was born in India on October 2, He and his followers threw the King of Britain and.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.)
Sight Word Phrases Group 1. the little boy a good boy.
BY EMILY PRICE. What did he study? Benjamin studied many different things in science like smokey chimneys, the affect of oil on water, and electricity.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.) Press the Esc key to stop the slide show Click this button below to start the slide.
THERE IS A WAY. A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said:
By the end of the lesson you should be able to answer these questions… 1.What does the United Nations say about rights? 2.Is there a link between rights.
Profile of an entrepreneur Bill Gates. Innovation What new ideas was Bill Gates responsible for? Bill gates with Paul Allen founded Microsoft, which back.
By Sara Masi 1 st Period Was born as Eric Arthur Blair, then later changed his name to George Orwell. His first words according to many biographies,
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.