We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAbigale Doughtie
Modified over 2 years ago
Superman and Me VocabularyDiscussion Questions
Answer all questions on a sheet of notebook paperAnswer all questions on a sheet of notebook paper. Write the number and the vocabulary word before your response.
1. villain What famous villain do you actually like?
2. Plot What do you think the expression “the plot thickens” means?
3. Surplus Name one thing that you would want to have a surplus of, and one thing that you would not want to have a surplus of.
4. Avid What does it mean to be an avid reader?
5. assassination Who are some famous people who have been assassinated?
6. genetics Would you want to eat genetically-modified produce (corn that has been engineered to be sweeter)?
7. dialogue Write a dialogue between yourself and a parent or grandparent about a time you got into trouble. (Each character needs to say at least two things.)
8. narrative Give seven examples of things that include narratives (for example, movies).
9. reservation Make a list of everything that you know about Native American reservations.
10. prodigy If you had a choice in the matter, would you want to be a child prodigy (in music, sports, math, etc.)? Why or why not?
11. Third-person Write a sentence about yourself in third-person, using one of the following components: 1) a snowman, 2) a dinosaur, or 3) Mars.
12. modest Do you think that high school girls have an obligation to dress modestly? Why or why not? Why don’t we use the word “modest” when we talk about boys’ clothes?
13. ridicule How might a person feel when he or she is ridiculed?
14. subvert Do you ever subvert your parents’ authority? How?
15. monosyllabic List 10 monosyllabic words. (Do not use any from the comic below.)
16. submissive Would you rather have a dog that is submissive or independent?
17. pity Whom do you pity most in the world?
18. arrogant Does it both you when people are arrogant? Why or why not?
19. poWwow Would you want to attend a powwow? Why or why not?
20. sullen Describe what it looks like if a person is acting sullen.
Addition 1’s to 20.
0 - 0.
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION
25 seconds left…...
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
Test B, 100 Subtraction Facts
Event 4: Mental Math 7th/8th grade Math Meet ‘11.
© S Haughton more than 3?
1 Copyright © 2010, Elsevier Inc. All rights Reserved Fig 2.1 Chapter 2.
Twenty Questions Subject: Twenty Questions
Coordinate Plane Practice The following presentation provides practice in two skillsThe following presentation provides practice in two skills –Graphing.
11 = This is the fact family. You say: 8+3=11 and 3+8=11
ADDING INTEGERS 1. POS. + POS. = POS. 2. NEG. + NEG. = NEG. 3. POS. + NEG. OR NEG. + POS. SUBTRACT TAKE SIGN OF BIGGER ABSOLUTE VALUE.
1 Chapter 40 - Physiology and Pathophysiology of Diuretic Action Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Linking Verb? Action Verb or. Question 1 Define the term: action verb.
MULTIPLYING MONOMIALS TIMES POLYNOMIALS (DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY)
This, that, these, those Number your paper from 1-10.
MULTIPLICATION EQUATIONS 1. SOLVE FOR X 3. WHAT EVER YOU DO TO ONE SIDE YOU HAVE TO DO TO THE OTHER 2. DIVIDE BY THE NUMBER IN FRONT OF THE VARIABLE.
TWO STEP EQUATIONS 1. SOLVE FOR X 2. DO THE ADDITION STEP FIRST
We will resume in: 25 Minutes.
By D. Fisher Geometric Transformations. Reflection, Rotation, or Translation 1.
Past Tense Probe. Past Tense Probe Past Tense Probe – Practice 1.
Video Audio Shot 1 Shot: Long Shot Girl starts floating in the air as she is yelling at her teacher. The teacher is heard whimpering at the sight and sound.
Bellwork If you roll a die, what is the probability that you roll a 2 or an odd number? P(2 or odd) 2. Is this an example of mutually exclusive, overlapping,
O X Click on Number next to person for a question.
1 Unit 1 Kinematics Chapter 1 Day
Copyright © 2011, Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. Chapter 4 Author: Julia Richards and R. Scott Hawley.
Copyright © 2011, Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. Chapter 5 Author: Julia Richards and R. Scott Hawley.
Business Transaction Management Software for Application Coordination 1 Business Processes and Coordination.
(1) *I kicked yourself (2) *He kicked yourself (3) You kicked yourself.
Chapter 5 Test Review Sections 5-1 through 5-4.
1 First EMRAS II Technical Meeting IAEA Headquarters, Vienna, 19–23 January 2009.
Photo Composition Study Guide Label each photo with the category that applies to that image.
WITH WHOM DO YOU KEEP COMPANY ? KEEPING COMPANY. P. 8, CHAPTER 1.
TV Show Trivia Princeton Puzzle Hunt Do NOT flip over your answer sheet!
Energy & Green Urbanism Markku Lappalainen Aalto University.
Do you have the Maths Factor?. Maths Can you beat this term’s Maths Challenge?
How Cells Obtain Energy from Food
ABC Technology Project
Squares and Square Root WALK. Solve each problem REVIEW:
LEUCEMIA MIELOIDE AGUDA TIPO 0
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.