We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMuhammad Parran
Modified over 2 years ago
1. The Question Members of Congress are elected to the Senate or the House of Representatives. Congress meets in the Capitol building. Is it more important to be a member of the House of Representatives or the Senate? To answer this question, you must compare the requirements and jobs of both parts of our Congress. These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345
2. Information Sources These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345 House of Representatives Senate Legislative Branch video 1 Legislative Branch video 2 Legislative Branch review video You will be using the following sites to gather data to help you answer this question.
3. The Student Activity These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345 It is your job to fill in the grid comparing the Senate and the House of Representatives. Once you have completed the grid, then you may make your decision. Click on the word “table” to see an example of the grid.table
4. The Assessment Activity Now that you have completed the grid on the requirements and jobs of the Congress, write a paragraph stating whether or not you think that the Senate or the House of Representatives is more important. Make sure to base your opinion on the data you found and include your explanation of why you feel the way you do. Remember, this is just an opinion but your arguments must be based on the facts. These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345
5. Enrichment Activities The following site has Quick Facts about Your State and you can learn about Iowa’s representatives. Ben’s Guide Official Iowa Site These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345
6. Teacher Support Materials This lesson meets the social studies standard of: Understands political systems and the rights and responsibilities of citizens. It also meets the Technology standards: 1a. The learner will access information efficiently and effectively from a variety of sources. 1b. The learner will evaluate information critically and competently. 1c. The learner will use information accurately and creatively. 1d. The learner will use technology research tools to locate, collect and process information; and report data. 3e. The learner will use technology resources to develop problem- solving and decision-making strategies that are applicable in the real world. It also meets the Iowa Teaching Standards and Criteria of 2c, 2d, 3c, 3e, 4a, 4b, 4c,4f, 6c, and 7a. These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 612345
My branches job is to make sure the laws are obeyed. Our governments building is the White House. The people who make the decisions in my branch of government.
1. The Question Physical and chemical changes occur in different states of matter. What are physical and chemical changes and how are they different from.
3 Branches of Government What are the responsibilities of the 3 branches of our government?
Teacher’s Page. Audience 4th-5th Graders History/Social Studies Class Students who need to learn the basics of the three branches of government and what.
Ohio Social Studies Strands By Michael Tighe ED 639 Dr. Ronald Helms.
Three Branches of Government By Danielle Carter Executive branch The Executive branch is run by the President and Vice President. The Executive branch.
Multiplication Facts © Math As A Second Language All Rights Reserved next 1 to 9 3.OA#7.
Bellringers What do these state departments do? 1)Department of Corrections 2)Department of Defense 3)Department of Economic Development.
Preview4/7 Get your pocket guides and a GRAY textbook from the back table. Learning Target: We will identify the United States Constitution as a major.
C IDENTIFY THE THREE BRANCHES OF THE GOVERNMENT.
So what is I-LIT? Revisiting Information Literacy at AGGS.
Three branches of Government Legislative Branch Executive Branch Judicial Branch.
Three Branches of Government By Timothy Executive Branch The Executive Branch is run by the President and the Vice President. The Executive Branch is.
SIOP Faculty Presentation Review and Assessment. In order for teachers to know whether students are making progress toward meeting content and language.
Our Government. The Constitution Over 200 years ago, our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. The Constitution is a basic design for how our government.
Three Branches of Government By: Hayden C. Smee The Executive Branch The Executive Branch is run by the President and Vice President. The Executive Branch.
ICreate Session 6 of 8 Conducting a Peer Review. Focusing Questions How can I improve my technology- enriched lesson? What methods can I use to get feedback.
Multiplication Facts Table of Contents 0’s 1’s 2’s 3’s 4’s 5’s 6’s 7’s 8’s 9’s 10’s.
Branches of Government Study Guide Vocabulary Council – A group of people elected to make rules and solve problems Election – The process in which a citizen.
On the yellow piece of paper answer this question- 1.What are the three levels of the U.S. government, and what does each level govern? (ex: town, country)
Executive Judicial Legislative House of Representatives Senate Congress.
Constitution Of the United States Legislative JudicialExecutive There are 3 Branches in the government:
The Three Branches of Government By Molly Hastings.
PROMOTING HEALTH AND WELLNESS LESSON #4. OBJECTIVES Students will know the importance of health education Students will know what our nations health goals.
Why learn about the Three Branches of Government? By Mrs. Giddens & Mrs. Meath Third Grade Teachers.
The Changing World of Information Literacy. Teachers and Librarians Have Always Helped Students Search for Knowledge.
BY SEAN FRITZ The Three Branches Of Government. Executive Branch The Executive Branch is run by the President and the Vice President. The Executive Branch.
1. Question Animals have external features that help them to survive. Their external features are similar to some animals yet different from others. Why.
. Copyright © Texas Education Agency, All rights reserved.
Our Government Study Guide Vocabulary Election- the process in which a citizen votes for people to represent them Tax- money paid to the government Council-
The Election Process Requirements to be President 1. Announce Candidacy 2. Determine Platform 3. Campaign 4. Primary Elections Try to get the vote to.
Social Studies Unit One Lesson 2 The Constitution.
Branches of Government Legislative Branch Executive Branch Judicial Branch VocabularyUS Symbols
Constitution Legislative Branch Choice1Choice 2Choice 3Choice
Drill-and-practice software Definition of drill-and-practice software Purpose of drill-and-practice software Characteristics of drill-and-practice software.
OHIO SOCIAL STUDIES STANDARDS ED 639 VAUGHN RAY MATT SIEFRING SCOTT MANN.
There are many brilliant scientists who do you think is the best scientist ever? Why? What makes a scientist great? What must they do to be remembered.
The Inductive Model: Constructivist Learning. The Inductive Model is often called guided discovery and is grounded in the principles of constructivism.
Strategies for all teachers (no matter what technology skills they possess) Add to Favorites: CaroleRedline.com CaroleRedline.com Dr. Carole Redline
Lesson 4 - Let Freedom Ring Lesson 4 Let Freedom Ring.
You did a great job learning about Maryland ! Now it is time to learn about other states in the United States of America. states 1.Watch the video about.
1. Objective (READ) - H SWBAT determine whether the rainforest should be preserved or economically developed. 2. Question of the Day. (TURN OBJECTIVE INTO.
VS.10a VIRGINIA STATE GOVERNMENT. The Virginia State Government is made up of three parts – we call them “branches”. Each branch has a different job.
BRANCHESOFGOVERNMENT Inquiring minds should want to know… What are the three branches of government? Why do we need three branches? Who are the.
Jeopardy The Game of Knowledge The Constitution & Bill of Rights BranchesVocabulary Powers 100 Constitutional Principles.
Government Test Review 1. Click to view the question. 2. Think about the answer. 3. Click to view the answer. 4. Click to view the next question. GOOD.
Big6 Overview Big6™ Trainers Program McDowell County Schools.
Three Branches of the Government By Tyler Helm Executive branch The Executive Branch is ran by the president. The Executive Branch is housed in The White.
April 25 th Classrooms for the Future Facts 08’ 358 High Schools in PA 12,100 Teachers 83,000 Laptops 101 Million Statewide Spent 3.75.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.