We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMuhammad Parran
Modified over 2 years ago
1. The Question Members of Congress are elected to the Senate or the House of Representatives. Congress meets in the Capitol building. Is it more important to be a member of the House of Representatives or the Senate? To answer this question, you must compare the requirements and jobs of both parts of our Congress. These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345
2. Information Sources These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345 House of Representatives Senate Legislative Branch video 1 Legislative Branch video 2 Legislative Branch review video You will be using the following sites to gather data to help you answer this question.
3. The Student Activity These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345 It is your job to fill in the grid comparing the Senate and the House of Representatives. Once you have completed the grid, then you may make your decision. Click on the word “table” to see an example of the grid.table
4. The Assessment Activity Now that you have completed the grid on the requirements and jobs of the Congress, write a paragraph stating whether or not you think that the Senate or the House of Representatives is more important. Make sure to base your opinion on the data you found and include your explanation of why you feel the way you do. Remember, this is just an opinion but your arguments must be based on the facts. These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345
5. Enrichment Activities The following site has Quick Facts about Your State and you can learn about Iowa’s representatives. Ben’s Guide Official Iowa Site These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 6 Next 12345
6. Teacher Support Materials This lesson meets the social studies standard of: Understands political systems and the rights and responsibilities of citizens. It also meets the Technology standards: 1a. The learner will access information efficiently and effectively from a variety of sources. 1b. The learner will evaluate information critically and competently. 1c. The learner will use information accurately and creatively. 1d. The learner will use technology research tools to locate, collect and process information; and report data. 3e. The learner will use technology resources to develop problem- solving and decision-making strategies that are applicable in the real world. It also meets the Iowa Teaching Standards and Criteria of 2c, 2d, 3c, 3e, 4a, 4b, 4c,4f, 6c, and 7a. These materials are © 2004 NAME, SCHOOL, all rights reserved. 612345
My branches job is to make sure the laws are obeyed. Our governments building is the White House. The people who make the decisions in my branch of government.
Next 1. The Question Physical and chemical changes occur in different states of matter. What are physical and chemical changes and how are.
3 Branches of Government
Banner from Teacher’s Page.
Ohio Social Studies Strands By Michael Tighe ED 639 Dr. Ronald Helms.
Three Branches of Government By Danielle Carter Executive branch The Executive branch is run by the President and Vice President. The Executive branch.
Multiplication Facts © Math As A Second Language All Rights Reserved next 1 to 9 3.OA#7.
Bellringers What do these state departments do? 1)Department of Corrections 2)Department of Defense 3)Department of Economic Development.
Preview4/7 Get your pocket guides and a GRAY textbook from the back table. Learning Target: We will identify the United States Constitution as a major.
C IDENTIFY THE THREE BRANCHES OF THE GOVERNMENT.
Revisiting Information Literacy at AGGS
Three branches of Government Legislative Branch Executive Branch Judicial Branch.
Three Branches of Government By Timothy Executive Branch The Executive Branch is run by the President and the Vice President. The Executive Branch is.
SIOP Faculty Presentation Review and Assessment. In order for teachers to know whether students are making progress toward meeting content and language.
Three Branches of Government By: Hayden C. Smee The Executive Branch The Executive Branch is run by the President and Vice President. The Executive Branch.
Our Government. The Constitution Over 200 years ago, our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. The Constitution is a basic design for how our government.
ICreate Session 6 of 8 Conducting a Peer Review. Focusing Questions How can I improve my technology- enriched lesson? What methods can I use to get feedback.
Multiplication Facts Table of Contents 0’s 1’s 2’s 3’s 4’s 5’s 6’s 7’s 8’s 9’s 10’s.
Branches of Government
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.